Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

$22.46 - KIOXIA 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 2230 SSD, Gen 3 x 4 - (NO TAX + PRIME) !!STEAM DECK SIZE!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 9:48 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
4049 posts
6711 upvotes
Kitchener

[Amazon.ca] $22.46 - KIOXIA 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 2230 SSD, Gen 3 x 4 - (NO TAX + PRIME) !!STEAM DECK SIZE!!

Cheap cheap cheap! Who knows how good it is or how long it will last but for $22 I'm willing to take the risk, also good for those getting Steam Deck since it is 2230 size.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 1st, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed deal link because amazon 3rd party seller has only 1 lifetime rating
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 96GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Thread Summary
Not the specs you want? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best SSDs for your devices!
106 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6925 upvotes
The NORTH
JoJoCan wrote: Cheap cheap cheap! Who knows how good it is or how long it will last but for $22 I'm willing to take the risk, also good for those getting Steam Deck since it is 2230 size.
You will still have to pay tax. There are threads about amazon orders that didn't charge tax till the item shipped. With the new digital tax amazon HAS to collect tax on Canadian sales.
Feb 14, 2010
934 posts
367 upvotes
The Great North
Sold by AmazingTechStore and Fulfilled by Amazon from outside Canada. Customs & Duties may apply.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21141 posts
25100 upvotes
You folks are getting too worked up over import fees, they will mirror equivalent domestic tax.

You should be more eager about confirming the quality of the memory and controller.

And yes, it's Prime fulfilled.

The only catch here is that Amazon will not create prepaid postage since it's international, but will reimburse you up to $20 on the cost of you shipping it back, in the case of a return.

The only catch here is... me.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Jul 22nd, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 16, 2018
29 posts
29 upvotes
You're going to void your warranty?

Seems like if you're going to do that you would want more memory?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21141 posts
25100 upvotes
Weendude wrote: You're going to void your warranty?

Seems like if you're going to do that you would want more memory?
And a verifiable decent memory + controller combo.

You are correct, if you're going to void warranty, go big and get a 1TB NVMe 2230 SSD, like the one from Dell for $216 CAD.
Nov 7, 2017
325 posts
675 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: You folks are getting too worked up over import fees, they will mirror equivalent domestic tax.

You should be more eager about confirming the quality of the memory and controller.

And yes, it's Prime fulfilled.

The only catch here is that Amazon will not create prepaid postage since it's international, but will reimburse you up to $20 on the cost of you shipping it back, in the case of a return.
Not true anymore. On a recent international return, they made a prepaid UPS label.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21141 posts
25100 upvotes
0Sense wrote: Not true anymore. On a recent international return, they made a prepaid UPS label.
God bless'em.

Then carry on.
Sep 3, 2017
536 posts
848 upvotes
Vancouver
Notably, this is the same brand of drives shucked from the CalDigit Tuff Nano Drive

This is not just some random OEM. It is decent quality
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7208 posts
7867 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: And a verifiable decent memory + controller combo.
Kioxia is the new name for Toshiba Memory Corporation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kioxia

This SSD uses 96-layer BiCS FLASH TLC 3D NAND, which is also supplied to WD
The controller was also developed in house.
https://business.kioxia.com/en-us/ssd/client-ssd.html

Toshiba BG4 M.2 NVMe SSD Review: One Tiny, But Speedy SSD
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2891 posts
1557 upvotes
London
0Sense wrote: Not true anymore. On a recent international return, they made a prepaid UPS label.
that's great that's an option now. even before though with returns to us amazon or uk Germany ect if the return was due to amazon falut ie damaged package doa product that kind of thing the rule was u paid the shipping up front and it would auto refund upto x amount 90% of the time it was enough of a refund for the us if it wasn't a very large/heavy item but was rarely ever enough for an overseas return but once the return was processed ud just have to contact c/s of witch ever amazon and they would refund u the reset of the cost manually.

pre paid labels are way better though saves alot of leg work on the customers part. tbh there wasn't really anything stopping them from offering a ups or fedex return label all along i mean many manufactures have done for years for warranty stuff such as logitech for many many years they have provided free ups return labels for products over i believe $70 lower value stuff they normally just tell u to toss it out.
Aug 6, 2018
711 posts
5206 upvotes
nivek_k2020 wrote: Sold by AmazingTechStore and Fulfilled by Amazon from outside Canada. Customs & Duties may apply.
Brand new seller. Might be sketchy.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21141 posts
25100 upvotes
essjayess wrote: Brand new seller. Might be sketchy.
Prime. So we're good.

@Dhanushan's info seems to suggest the drive is reasonable, that being said, it's too small to justify a warranty voiding activity on the Gabe Gear.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9854 posts
6679 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Prime. So we're good.

@Dhanushan's info seems to suggest the drive is reasonable, that being said, it's too small to justify a warranty voiding activity on the Gabe Gear.
Depends if I have to take the whole thing apart to get to the drive, not buying anything until someone does a teardown.
May 22, 2009
405 posts
356 upvotes
Canada
Angultra wrote: Depends if I have to take the whole thing apart to get to the drive, not buying anything until someone does a teardown.
They specifically state its not intended for end user replacement. They wouldn't add this in the specs at all if it was even remotely easy to do. They also wouldn't bother adding micro SD if they were gonna make the drive easily accessible.
Reminder: Epic gives away free games every week. Humble Choice is horrible, I miss the old weekly humble bundles :(
Aug 11, 2013
160 posts
455 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Is there a way that this would work on a Raspberry PI 4?
Feb 14, 2006
858 posts
999 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
kr0zet wrote: You will still have to pay tax. There are threads about amazon orders that didn't charge tax till the item shipped. With the new digital tax amazon HAS to collect tax on Canadian sales.
To clarify digital sales tax are for digital items this is a physical item.

As it's under $40 there's a good chance it'll have 0 additional import fees, but i'm not sure where it ships from and the de minimus may be exceed by $2.22. A company like fexex and UPS would GLADLY add the $18-30 brokerages for $1-3 taxes that need to be collected