Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] $259.95 Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless Headphone with Active Noise Cancellation - Black

[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
74 posts
109 upvotes
4330 Adelaide St Tor…

[Amazon Canada] $259.95 Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless Headphone with Active Noise Cancellation - Black

Big drop price for the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless Headphone. I checked the price history, this is pretty much the lowest.
Lehmann L
13 replies
Mar 19, 2008
380 posts
215 upvotes
It's been at that price for at least a week and a half on Amazon. The problem is whether Electronique Hi-Fi Inc is an authorized dealer so that Sennheiser will honour the warranty. I checked on Sennheiser's website but I haven't figured out how to see who's an authorized dealer or not. Their find an authorized dealer page simply redirects to the main page. That's may be why they sold out on Best Buy at that price but not on Amazon.
Last edited by laprade_a on Oct 23rd, 2019 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 14, 2012
170 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa
laprade_a wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2019 12:35 am
It's been at that price for at least a week and a half on Amazon. The problem is whether Electronique Hi-Fi Inc is an authorized dealer so that Sennheiser will honour the warranty. I checked on Sennheiser's website but I haven't figured out how to see who's an authorized dealer or not. Their find an authorized dealer page simply redirects to the main page. That's may be why they sold out on Best Buy at that price but not on Amazon.
Yes, it has been this price for a while. But if the only concern is about the seller. You can go to sennheiser official site, it is the same price.
https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/momentum-w ... s-with-mic
Mar 4, 2013
460 posts
219 upvotes
No AAC support is the deal breaker for me
Oct 16, 2019
19 posts
37 upvotes
I’m looking for a pair of headphones for commuting on the bus to work daily. Want Bluetooth and noise cancellation and have a ~$250 budget. Would these be a viable option?
Jun 6, 2006
263 posts
83 upvotes
Acton
Pehnull wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2019 7:24 am
I’m looking for a pair of headphones for commuting on the bus to work daily. Want Bluetooth and noise cancellation and have a ~$250 budget. Would these be a viable option?
I’ve had these for about 2 years ....they are really great headphones. Very long battery life and the noise cancelling is awesome. Super comfortable at well. They aren’t super bass heavy, but do have decent bottom end sound.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12393 posts
3418 upvotes
Ottawa
Pehnull wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2019 7:24 am
they are ok, ANC is below class leading, and they are bit uneven sounding in the highs. I would say get the refurb Bose for the same price (one of the best ANC, and still ok sounding)

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/bose-ca ... k-2305022/
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Oct 31, 2009
32 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Design wise these are way more beautiful than the new ones. The new ones look cheap and a lazy iteration of these to make assembly easier. If I'm made of money I'd pick up another pair of these before they go extinct. Can't compare sound wise but I enjoy the sound of these enough.
Jul 9, 2017
79 posts
44 upvotes
acheuk wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2019 6:47 am
No AAC support is the deal breaker for me
The deal breaker should be that it doesn't support aptX HD. AAC is old school and only useful for people who strictly use itunes with an iphone which is rare in this day and age given that Spotify is the music streaming king now.
Mar 4, 2013
460 posts
219 upvotes
l4rate wrote:
Nov 1st, 2019 11:36 am
The deal breaker should be that it doesn't support aptX HD. AAC is old school and only useful for people who strictly use itunes with an iphone which is rare in this day and age given that Spotify is the music streaming king now.
The app (whether it's Spotify, Apple music, etc) is irrelevant here since Aptx or AAC is a bluetooth audio codec. Any app that you use needs to go through this bluetooth codec to transmit music; that's the real bottleneck. Even if your app is playing Hi Res audio but if you're limited to aptx transmission your audio is still degraded. The fact that ios devices never supported any kind of aptx variant (aptx hd, aptx low latency) is disappointing. So basically if you have an ios device this headphone is not for you.
Mar 19, 2008
380 posts
215 upvotes
Interestingly, it's now listed as sold by Amazon instead of Electronique Hi-Fi Inc.