[Amazon.ca] $26.99 - Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000 Ultra Slim Power Bank

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 5:36 pm
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
223 posts
355 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $26.99 - Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000 Ultra Slim Power Bank

Not a red hot deal, but at this price point it can be a consideration for a secret santa gift?

10000mAh
1 Usb type A for output
1 micro usb for input
Thread Summary
Version with USB-C input is on sale for $29.99 for Boxing Day

Model A1229

Costco has the "Metro" version for $27.99

https://www.costco.ca/anker-powercore-m ... 80293.html
8 replies
Jun 30, 2019
323 posts
502 upvotes
Would have been good if I didn't WFH fulltime
Apr 29, 2006
391 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
In for 1 - this was more expensive on black friday
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3691 posts
5807 upvotes
Kitchener
There is also 11 @$24.99 Used - Like New
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1035 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto
From top Amazon review:
I like to leave my chargers plugged in to keep them topped up and have my device running off of it. The unit can either be charging itself or charging something else, not both. So does not allow for passthrough power. This is written in the supplied user manual but not in the discription.
Confirming if this is true or not???
I purchased a different non-Anker unit last year that was about the same price (nothing fancy) and it was able to both charge itself and the connected device simultaneously. Very strange if Anker doesn't engineer such.
Oct 16, 2014
249 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
drew4008 wrote: From top Amazon review:

I purchased a different non-Anker unit last year that was about the same price (nothing fancy) and it was able to both charge itself and the connected device simultaneously. Very strange if Anker doesn't engineer such.
I also own a different Anker and it does allow pass-through. Maybe it's recommended not to do it?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1035 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto
NabeelS182 wrote: I also own a different Anker and it does allow pass-through. Maybe it's recommended not to do it?
Could you disclose the model please?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3293 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
drew4008 wrote: From top Amazon review:

This was an intentional decision by Anker

from Anker FAQ: 10 Things You Need to Know About Anker
http://community.Anker.com/t/anker-faq- ... nker/57477

3. Can Anker PowerCore portable chargers recharge themselves and charge my devices at the same time?

No, our portable chargers do not support what’s known as “pass-through” charging. (PowerCore Fusion will charge your device first, and then begin recharging itself, when plugged into a wall outlet.)

This was an intentional decision. When pass-through charging, if there is a difference between the output of the wall charger and the input requirement of the device being recharged, it causes the portable charger to power on and off rapidly. This increases total charging times, and can damage battery cells, decreasing the lifespan of both your device and the portable charger.