• May 28th, 2021 7:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17163 posts
19072 upvotes
Oakville

[Amazon.ca] $27 TECKIN Smart Plug 15A w/Energy Monitoring, 2-pack

This Teckin plug is rated for 15A and has power monitoring for $26.99 with the coupon.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CZFDLXC/

Nice deal if you want a Teckin plug with 15A and energy monitoring.
This 10A no power monitoring plug is also on sale for $14
amazon-ca-teckin-2-pack-wifi-smart-plug ... hread_name

Previous deal thread from 2018
amazon-ca-techin-smart-plug-wifi-lightn ... ax-2225945
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' list of the best smart plugs!
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
4047 posts
6705 upvotes
Kitchener
Very tempting...
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 96GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Oct 20, 2019
404 posts
518 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought 4 meross smart plugs on Amazon, similar design & same Amp rating for 25.49 no tax
Dec 1, 2016
69 posts
94 upvotes
calgary alberta
It feels like this product is for someone with the engineering brain who likes data. Looks cool!
Nov 13, 2015
59 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I have the TopGreen ones but they're chunky. I can use a few of these smaller ones I'm also a fan of Teckin, grabbed 4. Thanks Op.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210528_123421_com.android.chrome.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1543 posts
88 upvotes
I have been using these for almost 2 years. They are great for monitoring consumption. They are pretty easy to setup and I haven't had any issues with them.
Feb 14, 2006
858 posts
999 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
SindbadRFD wrote: This vs Costco ones ?
Costco return policy is better, but both appear certified at least which is a plus for amazon items.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17163 posts
19072 upvotes
Oakville
SindbadRFD wrote: This vs Costco ones ?
People complained about the costco ones in the previous thread I linked.
bgrah158 wrote: It feels like this product is for someone with the engineering brain who likes data. Looks cool!
Yes, I do like watching the data. It's also useful to trigger events, so you can send an alert when the laundry is done, or the garage opener is used, etc.
aouniat wrote: Bought 4 meross smart plugs on Amazon, similar design & same Amp rating for 25.49 no tax
This one? https://www.amazon.ca/Meross-Control-Fu ... 079KYHLDZ/
It is 15A but no energy monitoring. Good deal if you don't need the monitoring.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17163 posts
19072 upvotes
Oakville
Only 10A and no power monitoring though.
Oct 20, 2019
404 posts
518 upvotes
Ottawa
engineered wrote: People complained about the costco ones in the previous thread I linked.
Yes, I do like watching the data. It's also useful to trigger events, so you can send an alert when the laundry is done, or the garage opener is used, etc.
This one? https://www.amazon.ca/Meross-Control-Fu ... 079KYHLDZ/
It is 15A but no energy monitoring. Good deal if you don't need the monitoring.

Yes it's this one.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
1706 posts
478 upvotes
I have the CE Smart ones from Costco which were $15 for 2 IIRC and work fine. Not sure what you are getting here for almost double the price.
Jul 31, 2010
189 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
Can I use this device to monitor my freezer ? Will it send a notification when the energy usage is low I.e. freezer out of order?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15839 posts
7397 upvotes
Ottawa
Rishi wrote: I have the CE Smart ones from Costco which were $15 for 2 IIRC and work fine. Not sure what you are getting here for almost double the price.
I was looking at the review.

"1 out of 5 stars.
Pocodan · 5 months ago
Safety concern
Worked well except when I used the smart plug for remote starting of a large coffee urn. Noticed burn satin and slight melting on plug. Documentation says 15 amps but when reading small print on actual plug it says "resistive or general purpose 8 amps max". Consumer should not use with high amperage appliances
"

Is that true? I would gladly pay more for one rated more than 8 amps
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
May 22, 2011
98 posts
7 upvotes
THORNHILL
I understand this uses Tuya servers for connectivity which has been a privacy and/or security concern in various threads.

How does this compare to the Belkin Wemo?
May 22, 2011
98 posts
7 upvotes
THORNHILL
warpdrive wrote: I was looking at the review.

"1 out of 5 stars.
Pocodan · 5 months ago
Safety concern
Worked well except when I used the smart plug for remote starting of a large coffee urn. Noticed burn satin and slight melting on plug. Documentation says 15 amps but when reading small print on actual plug it says "resistive or general purpose 8 amps max". Consumer should not use with high amperage appliances
"

Is that true? I would gladly pay more for one rated more than 8 amps
Good to know. I'm also looking for one of these to monitor/control usage of a 120V dryer and washing machine...
Jul 24, 2007
133 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know if these have the ability to log the energy usage data? I'd be interested in tracking energy usage over time for a few of my devices.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1235 posts
1000 upvotes
Vancouver
add code BQ4W9XIM for an extra $1 off, true RFD style.