[Amazon.ca] $274.18 - Lenovo M14 Portable Monitor

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2021 10:47 am
[OP]
Jan 10, 2019
33 posts
16 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $274.18 - Lenovo M14 Portable Monitor

I had an alert for this monitor on 3C. Looks like the price is ATL. Official Lenovo website has this for $285.01 but it's out of stock.
Thinking about grabbing it for "working from home" while away from home unless anyone else has better option?

ThinkVision M14 Portable Monitor
Mobile display for on-the-go productivity
Boost on-the-go productivity and collaboration with the ultraportable ThinkVision M14 mobile display. This 14" monitor weighs just 598g* and is compatible with any device with an advanced USB-C port. Whether you’re presenting to clients or just want to get things done on the road, the ThinkVision M14 helps you make your good work, better.
Images
  • Screenshot_2.png
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9448 posts
5987 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve been using a cheaper 15” for the last year that’s been solid. One advantage of the Chinese ones is they have built in hardware for Switch, so no dock needed just USB-C.

https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-ZSCMALLS ... B08D9KXKMJ

I have this (paid $185 at the time) but lots of other brands with 1080p IPS, most should be comparable.
Last edited by Angultra on May 18th, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5968 posts
6187 upvotes
Toronto
Only FHD, low res.. Pass.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1115 posts
377 upvotes
Nova Scotia
hoob wrote: Only FHD, low res.. Pass.
1080p @ 60 for a portable is decent no? What do you need in a monitor of this type? 4k @120?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2093 posts
792 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Can we use it with a PS4?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1115 posts
377 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Clee wrote: Can we use it with a PS4?
99% sure thats a no. It requires USB C Alt Mode and don't think any adapters will work going from HDMI to USB-C Alt Mode. Youtube seems to agree.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19632 posts
7022 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I got this for $102 open box from Mikes clearance a while ago so this price seems high to me but I guess that Mikes clearance was better than I thought. Build quality is excellent, screen quality is good for a portable. USB-C input only (wish it had just about anything else in addition so I could plug it into any of my headless servers for maintenance/troubleshooting). There ARE adapters out there for HDMI/DP to USB-C but they are all expensive... going the other way around from USB-C to HDMI/DP requires no active circuitry and none of the cheap adapters will work in the other direction.
Mar 8, 2004
575 posts
358 upvotes
Kanata
dcxx wrote: This is something I wanted for a long time. Hope it will be released in NA market.
This is also possible with software and any Android tablet, iPad, etc. using spacedesk and other utilities. Not as convenient but very useable.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4943 posts
3536 upvotes
Burnaby
What about using an Android tablet or iPad as external monitor? --- there are quite a few alternatives / tools and ways to get this done. A cursory Google search yields (random choices, just took first search matches):

How to Use an Android Device as a Second Monitor for Your PC or Mac

How to repurpose a phone or tablet into a second screen

Example from TechTablets :

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,