Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $280 VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P Full HD Movie Projector with 300" Projection Size

[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 27, 2013
873 posts
1004 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $280 VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P Full HD Movie Projector with 300" Projection Size

Lightning deal. Obviously not comparable to a project that is $700+ but for 280 tax in, u really can't bet this. I already own 2 and you get a free gift with purchase. I got a free stand, my expectations were low so this turned out great.
12 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
3774 posts
2776 upvotes
Toronto
MakeItCheap wrote: Lightning deal. Obviously not comparable to a project that is $700+ but for 280 tax in, u really can't bet this. I already own 2 and you get a free gift with purchase. I got a free stand, my expectations were low so this turned out great.
How did you get the free gift?

[EDIT]

Email them
Last edited by redkulat on Aug 7th, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2002
3819 posts
2489 upvotes
Toronto
See this thread for my quick impressions on similar cheap Amazon/eBay "Chinese projectors"
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/feedbac ... rs-2276241
I really wanted to like one enough to buy one myself but in the end, even with my limited expectations and requirements, I couldn't convince myself.
I know many are happy with these, and I probably would have been able to live with it for what it is. Though I was able to get a hold of a used office projector with a good bulb still left to get me going for now.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
3774 posts
2776 upvotes
Toronto
Fightguard wrote: See this thread for my quick impressions on similar cheap Amazon/eBay "Chinese projectors"
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/feedbac ... rs-2276241
I really wanted to like one enough to buy one myself but in the end, even with my limited expectations and requirements, I couldn't convince myself.
I know many are happy with these, and I probably would have been able to live with it for what it is. Though I was able to get a hold of a used office projector with a good bulb still left to get me going for now.
The one OP posted is actually one of the better Chinese projectors. Although the lumens might still be exaggerated, check out the customer photos. I watched some review vids on YouTube as well and was impressed. It's native 1080 whereas all other CHinese projectors just downscale to 720.

I read your thread and I'm also going to use these mostly for backyard parties and movies. This one definitely seems like the best budget projector. I purchase a DR.J $100 projector last year for halloween and that was pretty terrible. Did its job but not good enough for backyard movies. I'll see how this one performs outdoors, looks promising though.
Member
Sep 5, 2015
258 posts
962 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Bought one during last deal. It's bad and blurry. Lumens is low than what is stated. Sending it back.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 27, 2013
873 posts
1004 upvotes
ashwani2k wrote: Bought one during last deal. It's bad and blurry. Lumens is low than what is stated. Sending it back.
I haven't had an issue with this projector I bought the 120 inch screen, I usually place the projector about 12 feet away yes the edges seem a little blurry but nothing you'll notice when you're watching a movie cuz you're usually looking at the center of the screen when watching a movie. My kids play the switch on it and it's awesome for that and for two hundred eighty bucks you're not going to find anything cheaper that's native 1080p. I'm a family of 5 and I usually end up spending $80 when I go to the movies if not more so this will pay itself off watching three films
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2009
2117 posts
1023 upvotes
Montreal
You get what you paid for, don't expect anything decent out of this.
Sr. Member
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
424 upvotes
ashwani2k wrote: Bought one during last deal. It's bad and blurry. Lumens is low than what is stated. Sending it back.
I guess they were Yanking your chain yo.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 13, 2007
179 posts
244 upvotes
Kingston, ON
williamsauga wrote: You get what you paid for, don't expect anything decent out of this.
"You get what you pay for" is the dumbest saying, especially on this forum. You must have bought those $200 Monster HDMI cables, because you know, you get what you pay for, and deals don't exist.
Last edited by Siskel1 on Aug 7th, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 13, 2007
179 posts
244 upvotes
Kingston, ON
ashwani2k wrote: Bought one during last deal. It's bad and blurry. Lumens is low than what is stated. Sending it back.
I bought one too and it's the best deal around for a native 1080p projector. Obviously they exaggerated the lumens and it's a little blurry near the edges... but if you're using it for for movies/TV/gaming... it's great. Sure, you can get a brighter one that's more sharp... just expect to pay 2-3 times. It's awesome for basement movies up to around 150".

As mentioned... tax is also included so it's more like $250.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
3774 posts
2776 upvotes
Toronto
It's $280, of course it's not going to be as good as the home theatre projectors. This is perfect for backyard movies or gatherings where you want to throw some videos or images up.

Personally I'm not going to use this all the time. Maybe a few times a month outside. I'm throwing a 90s themed party and was planning to throw music videos on in the backyard.

Anyway the deal is over.
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2009
439 posts
145 upvotes
Tri Cities
Amazon seller rating is less than 1000. This should be removed

Top