Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $29.99 Kasa Smart WiFi 2 Outlet in-Wall Plug by TP-Link (20$ off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2020 6:41 pm
[OP]
Jan 10, 2019
72 posts
252 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $29.99 Kasa Smart WiFi 2 Outlet in-Wall Plug by TP-Link (20$ off)

Kasa Smart WiFi 2 Outlet in-Wall Plug by TP-Link – Smart Plug, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa and Google (KP200)

20$ off the outlet. Each socket is rated for 15A just like the HS105 smart plugs

Lowest price according to CCC !!!
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 7.29.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 7.29.06 AM.png
“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.” - Thumper

This is the way!
10 replies
Mar 7, 2011
77 posts
70 upvotes
wrench99 wrote: I use Homebridge to link my LiftMaster/MyQ garage door and my Deebot vacuum and control them via Homekit & Siri.
What do you use Homebridge to do with your vacuum? We also have a Deebot but I don't know why I'd need to control it via another app.... unless yours isn't one that is already able to be controlled via an app?
Mar 5, 2017
18 posts
9 upvotes
fatpandasneezes wrote: What do you use Homebridge to do with your vacuum? We also have a Deebot but I don't know why I'd need to control it via another app.... unless yours isn't one that is already able to be controlled via an app?
I use Siri on my Apple Watch to start/stop the Deebot. More of a gimick than anything but handy to be able to simply raise my wrist and tell Siri to start the vacuum from anywhere rather than digging in my pocket and opening the ecovacs app on my phone.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
2859 posts
2896 upvotes
Vancouver
zbergus wrote: Each socket is rated for 15A just like the HS105 smart plugs
Where do you see that? The specs just say 15 amps for the unit. But regardless, probably both sockets are on the same 15 amp breaker on your panel unless it's in the kitchen.

This is a good price and a useful option for people who don't want the clutter of smart plugs like the HS105 sticking out of their wall socket. Less flexible, but fine if you have have 2 devices you want to control separately in the same area.
Mar 25, 2013
390 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Any electricians on here? What is everyone's thoughts on using one of these in the garage with our cold winters? I currently use a HS105 in their but this would clean up the setup a bit.
DroidKid
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3077 posts
2899 upvotes
Alberta
droidkid wrote: Any electricians on here? What is everyone's thoughts on using one of these in the garage with our cold winters? I currently use a HS105 in their but this would clean up the setup a bit.
I'm an electrician (industrial) and I don't see any problem with using these in your garage.
Nov 3, 2015
45 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
I really dont see the use for this aside from a cleaner look compared to the HS105. You can get 2xHS105 for $29 once in a while when they go on sale and they can be moved around if needed. Also this plug is probably massive size wise and wont fit into a box with lots of wires.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5126 posts
4690 upvotes
droidkid wrote: Any electricians on here? What is everyone's thoughts on using one of these in the garage with our cold winters? I currently use a HS105 in their but this would clean up the setup a bit.
Cold won't affect this device.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3077 posts
2899 upvotes
Alberta
Got one. Thanks op! Not sure where I'm putting it yet, but I already have a ton of other Kasa devices and my home is fully automated using smartthings.