Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

$29.99: SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2020 1:56 pm
[OP]
Member
Sep 5, 2015
269 posts
1003 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] $29.99: SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter

Today Only

$29.99: SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FCMKK5X/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by ashwani2k on Jul 15th, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Jr. Member
Oct 8, 2009
104 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
Is it still ok to order memory cards from Amazon? I recently ordered a 64gb Sandisk extreme pro SDXC card (the 170* MB/s variant). It was sold and shipped by Amazon. Package arrived looking very authentic. Button color, serial number, etc. visually all looked ok. The card is supposed to be rated V30 (sustained minimum write speed of 30MB/s). Done some read and write test, results showed it maxed out at 23MB/s. My older Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB (95* MB/s) card was tested to be around 88MB/s on the same machine (laptop and built in card reader). I’m in the process of returning the card to Amazon.

So it is true that they start to mix inventory with “same” items from 3rd party sellers?
Newbie
Apr 19, 2012
49 posts
23 upvotes
OTTAWA
jronald wrote: You are clicked on the 256GB variant.
Ah, I see. Thanks.
Link in OP is fixed now.
Sr. Member
Dec 11, 2008
642 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
ZeroGravity wrote: Is it still ok to order memory cards from Amazon? I recently ordered a 64gb Sandisk extreme pro SDXC card (the 170* MB/s variant). It was sold and shipped by Amazon. Package arrived looking very authentic. Button color, serial number, etc. visually all looked ok. The card is supposed to be rated V30 (sustained minimum write speed of 30MB/s). Done some read and write test, results showed it maxed out at 23MB/s. My older Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB (95* MB/s) card was tested to be around 88MB/s on the same machine (laptop and built in card reader). I’m in the process of returning the card to Amazon.

So it is true that they start to mix inventory with “same” items from 3rd party sellers?
Just to be sure, I would restart the machine and turn off your anti-virus or similar software.
Also, depending on the age of your computer, do you have a USB utility that runs in the background? If it's not running your speeds will drop.

Also, around 23MB/s is about what I would expect on a USB 2.0 connection.
Considering you've tested faster, there's either something going on in the background (check CPU % busy in task manager) a scan of the memory card or, ultimately, the card.
[OP]
Member
Sep 5, 2015
269 posts
1003 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ZeroGravity wrote: Is it still ok to order memory cards from Amazon? I recently ordered a 64gb Sandisk extreme pro SDXC card (the 170* MB/s variant). It was sold and shipped by Amazon. Package arrived looking very authentic. Button color, serial number, etc. visually all looked ok. The card is supposed to be rated V30 (sustained minimum write speed of 30MB/s). Done some read and write test, results showed it maxed out at 23MB/s. My older Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB (95* MB/s) card was tested to be around 88MB/s on the same machine (laptop and built in card reader). I’m in the process of returning the card to Amazon.

So it is true that they start to mix inventory with “same” items from 3rd party sellers?
Did you format the card in the same computer before testing?
There is a chance that the card's file system is different than the file system of the computer.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1753 posts
1519 upvotes
Surrey
soupmaster666 wrote: I recommend the Samsung Evo Plus u3 cards because I know they're extremely reliable, and $30 is their regular price (so this deal isn't very hot).

I have written 5TB to a Samsung Evo Pro Plus u3 128GB card, which has been outside in a security camera for over a year. NO problems. Still plays back video, while simultaneously being written to, perfectly.

I've got 3 total and none has ever caused me any issue. They're highly recommended on the IPCamTalk forums as well.

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-Plus-Clas ... 93&sr=8-33

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-128GB-Ada ... 93&sr=8-34

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-Carte-m%C ... 99&sr=8-39 ($30 right now)
I have 3 of the EVO Select ones (Amazon specific variant I believe) and they’ve been great as well.
Jr. Member
Oct 8, 2009
104 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
ashwani2k wrote: Did you format the card in the same computer before testing?
There is a chance that the card's file system is different than the file system of the computer.
The first test I did was just straight out of the package. Then I reformat it on the laptop to the same format (exfat). I was hoping the results would be different. But it’s the same. The only thing I didn’t do is do a format card on my camera. Which is what I do with my other cards.
Jr. Member
Oct 8, 2009
104 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
Canuck_TO wrote: Just to be sure, I would restart the machine and turn off your anti-virus or similar software.
Also, depending on the age of your computer, do you have a USB utility that runs in the background? If it's not running your speeds will drop.

Also, around 23MB/s is about what I would expect on a USB 2.0 connection.
Considering you've tested faster, there's either something going on in the background (check CPU % busy in task manager) a scan of the memory card or, ultimately, the card.
The tests I ran were back to back tests using the built-in card reader on a relatively modern laptop (HP Spectre X360 from 2015?? Ok maybe not so modern), so I hope it isn’t usb 2.0.

Top