Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ($299) Garmin Vivoactive 4 / 4S (multiple retailers)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 6:52 am
[OP]
Oct 14, 2014
657 posts
667 upvotes
Southern Ontario

[Amazon.ca] ($299) Garmin Vivoactive 4 / 4S (multiple retailers)

Last edited by lefroset on Feb 5th, 2021 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
42 replies
Aug 12, 2011
223 posts
115 upvotes
NORTH YORK
great price.

heads up. normally the venngo/perkopolis discount won't work on garmin's sale price.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7137 posts
1346 upvotes
Historical low was $279 back in Oct... this is the cheapest since.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3016 posts
208 upvotes
Montreal
good price, i have this watch, only watch i can stand sleeping with, it's very light.... but the sleep tracking is very bad, it's getting better with AI but still have ways to go. Overall, for this price, it's a no brainer if you are somewhat health conscious or active.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
[OP]
Oct 14, 2014
657 posts
667 upvotes
Southern Ontario
mic2074 wrote: Historical low was $279 back in Oct... this is the cheapest since.
Thanks. Hadn't seen it myself but I'll take your word for it.
Dec 18, 2019
17 posts
60 upvotes
Ahzuz wrote: good price, i have this watch, only watch i can stand sleeping with, it's very light.... but the sleep tracking is very bad, it's getting better with AI but still have ways to go. Overall, for this price, it's a no brainer if you are somewhat health conscious or active.
With the sleep tracking, I've noticed this as well. I had upgraded to this watch from the Garmin Vivosport band. Sleep tracking seems to be more accurate with the Vivosport band compared to the Vivoactive watch. I had assumed that the vivoactive watch wasn't as sensitive due to the weight difference in the devices.

Overall a good watch for activity tracking and onboard music was a huge plus.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5334 posts
1438 upvotes
Kanata
lefroset wrote: Thanks. Hadn't seen it myself but I'll take your word for it.
Usually I just google the item name and put rfd and it'll show results and price history. Good way to check how long ago a price drop was etc..
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5842 posts
2210 upvotes
GTEH!
swk2006 wrote: great price.

heads up. normally the venngo/perkopolis discount won't work on garmin's sale price.
Was hoping for an additional discount at Perkopolis.
Same $299.99 price at Perkopolis.

Been looking for a Smartwatch. This looks to be a good choice.

Costco might be the better place to purchase because of their very good Return Policy. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Last edited by Webhead on Feb 5th, 2021 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
😎
May 17, 2009
426 posts
995 upvotes
Toronto
Wouldn't Huawei GT2 Pro (Titanium body, Sapphire glass touchscreen, longer battery life) be a better value? It's $315 (with a code) on Amazon

Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1972 posts
1689 upvotes
Toronto
Don Freak wrote: Wouldn't Huawei GT2 Pro (Titanium body, Sapphire glass touchscreen, longer battery life) be a better value? It's $315 (with a code) on Amazon

As a smart watch (notifications, music, ...) probably yes, but as a sports smart watch no. Garmin eco-system for things like running/cycling is a whole other world.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
May 17, 2009
426 posts
995 upvotes
Toronto
neonic wrote: As a smart watch (notifications, music, ...) probably yes, but as a sports smart watch no. Garmin eco-system for things like running/cycling is a whole other world.
Thank you!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1086 posts
604 upvotes
Love this watch, it is a great deal at $299. If I didn't buy the Instinct just before it went on sale I would have picked it up in a hurry.
May 25, 2015
50 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Worthy of an upgrade from the Vivoactive3? I've had mine for about 3 years now and it has been serving me well.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1102 posts
1083 upvotes
neonic wrote:
As a smart watch (notifications, music, ...) probably yes, but as a sports smart watch no. Garmin eco-system for things like running/cycling is a whole other world.
Agreed. Although my Venu is good for a quick glance at notifications which is all I want. If it's something I need to act on, then I'll take out my phone. I actually wear my Garmin way more than my Wear OS watch.
Nov 4, 2009
258 posts
191 upvotes
Calgary
pand75 wrote: Worthy of an upgrade from the Vivoactive3? I've had mine for about 3 years now and it has been serving me well.
I'm finally replacing my 4 year old vivoactive HR. I don't think the differences are worth upgrading. Biggest thing is if you didn't get the 3 music, this will have that functionality. If your battery is still good I'd say hold off for now.
May 25, 2015
50 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chaosthebomb wrote: I'm finally replacing my 4 year old vivoactive HR. I don't think the differences are worth upgrading. Biggest thing is if you didn't get the 3 music, this will have that functionality. If your battery is still good I'd say hold off for now.
This is good info. Battery is still good and I'm not in desperate need to music yet. Thank you!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19406 posts
5698 upvotes
pand75 wrote: Worthy of an upgrade from the Vivoactive3? I've had mine for about 3 years now and it has been serving me well.
Only if it was the 4 with music. This, like the 3 can only control the music on another device like a phone. I never used that function as I prefer silence to noise when I am working on things. Old school concentration. That said, it's a good price for this watch...
Feb 3, 2009
69 posts
33 upvotes
I purchased the Vivoactive 4S when it was $279.99 upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active.
I didn't realize the screen was TFT and not AMOLED, which was a downgrade from the Galaxy Watch.
I returned it and purchased the Garmin Venu instead, which is the exact same watch but with a AMOLED screen.
The screen makes a huge difference IMO.
Nov 25, 2016
116 posts
290 upvotes
DougO wrote: Only if it was the 4 with music. This, like the 3 can only control the music on another device like a phone. I never used that function as I prefer silence to noise when I am working on things. Old school concentration. That said, it's a good price for this watch...
Maybe I don't understand your point but this is the 4 with music.
"Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from your Spotify, Deezer or Amazon Music account (subscription may be required). Connect with wireless headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening."