• Feb 22nd, 2021 1:09 am
[OP]
Jun 7, 2013
330 posts
199 upvotes
KANATA

[Amazon.ca] 2x2 J-hooks Yes4All $48.11

*Jan28th updated: price now $52.88 and OOS until Feb 12th, can order now

These fit some of the 2x2 framed cages that people might have picked up like the Fitness Reality rack.
Amazon.com "If you own the Fitness Reality 810XLT squat rack, just know that these fit PERFECTLY on the rack."

These have the padding vertical and horizontal. They are also slightly larger than the ones that came with my rack (I don't like the weld on the vertical portion that is scraping up my bar (https://www.amazon.ca/Fitness-Reality-S ... rts&sr=1-1)

Amazon.com had stock is more expensive than Amazon.ca now that stock is in.

I'll prob grab the 2 sets of the plate holders from Yes4All off Amazon.com (when stock arrives):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MB ... 0DER&psc=1
Images
  • 61SQ-lb6ITL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Last edited by carksey on Jan 28th, 2021 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
52 replies
Feb 8, 2011
651 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Nice hooks, that's pretty expensive compared to the nothern lights ones but these look a little better.
Jun 22, 2017
16 posts
19 upvotes
Hmmm interesting, might buy the weight plate holder attachments too, wish they had it in their canadian amazon store.

Offtopic but does anyone know where I could buy mats for deadlifts?
Apr 9, 2006
599 posts
212 upvotes
There are some at homedepot that was posted here not too long ago.
Saitamere wrote: Hmmm interesting, might buy the weight plate holder attachments too, wish they had it in their canadian amazon store.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8631 posts
4776 upvotes
Too bad plate hooks are all nowhere to be found in stock.
Sep 10, 2013
156 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Saitamere wrote: Hmmm interesting, might buy the weight plate holder attachments too, wish they had it in their canadian amazon store.

I bought some 3/4" rubber slab mats from Fitness Depot. They do the job, unless you're deadlifting 500+ pounds and dropping heavy.
May 12, 2020
79 posts
94 upvotes
k1ll4hb33 wrote: Nice hooks, that's pretty expensive compared to the nothern lights ones but these look a little better.
I was debating between these 2 (NL vs F4A) but I was wary on how the pegs on the NL ones were 5/8" rather than the full 1". I'm no engineer or fitness expert, but that made me think about the possibility of it being less sturdy/rigid, and that it might wobble in the hole insert?

Because of that I got the F4A ones a few weeks ago when they were at $55 each. Sad I didn't get to save $7 but glad I got them still.

Overall the F4A ones are decent, but not as good a fitment around the 2x2" rating that I was hoping for (some of the metal isn't perfectly flat which causes some wobble).
Sep 10, 2013
156 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
In for a pair. I just set up my Fitness Reality 810 cage a few days ago. Have some adhesive felt on the stock pins for now to avoid scratching up my bar.
Nov 20, 2017
670 posts
497 upvotes
The Fitness Reality pegs are terrible. These are almost a necessity if you don’t want to wreck your weight bar. Any other options for weight plate holders other than the US link posted ? Bought these pegs.. Thx Op
Feb 21, 2018
191 posts
232 upvotes
Jordanferras wrote: The Fitness Reality pegs are terrible. These are almost a necessity if you don’t want to wreck your weight bar. Any other options for weight plate holders other than the US link posted ? Bought these pegs.. Thx Op
By pegs, do you mean where you rest the barbell? I just ordered (possibly the last?) 810XLT/bench set and haven't received it yet.
Might be picking up a nice $280 York 1500lbs rated Olympic bar tomorrow so I definitely don't want to scratch it up too quick if possible. I wouldn't mind of it was the $150 Northern Lights one but those are out of stock..
Got that Zoomer plan finally!
Mar 31, 2013
210 posts
126 upvotes
Sherwood Park
k1ll4hb33 wrote: Nice hooks, that's pretty expensive compared to the nothern lights ones but these look a little better.
Link?
Sep 10, 2013
156 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
postingaway wrote: By pegs, do you mean where you rest the barbell? I just ordered (possibly the last?) 810XLT/bench set and haven't received it yet.
Might be picking up a nice $280 York 1500lbs rated Olympic bar tomorrow so I definitely don't want to scratch it up too quick if possible. I wouldn't mind of it was the $150 Northern Lights one but those are out of stock..
Yes, that is what he means. They are bare steel.
Nov 20, 2017
670 posts
497 upvotes
postingaway wrote: By pegs, do you mean where you rest the barbell? I just ordered (possibly the last?) 810XLT/bench set and haven't received it yet.
Yea the rack has a poor excuse for bar hooks.. in this case they’re more like pegs than a hook. You can buy northern lights hooks for 30 bucks and they’re similar it looks like.

The fitness reality cage also has two safety bars with another set of pegs attached to each bar. I was possibly considering buying the safety arms too (for the front side of the cage). Only because I paid like 200 for mine at a liquidation store.. otherwise I would have just spent the extra money on a better rack.

https://www.amazon.ca/Yes4All-Safety-Sp ... 77&sr=8-15

armadaone wrote: Link?
Edit: removed link since it’s the wrong size
Last edited by Jordanferras on Jan 26th, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 13, 2020
32 posts
23 upvotes
Jordanferras wrote: Yea the rack has a poor excuse for bar hooks.. in this case they’re more like pegs than a hook. You can buy northern lights hooks for 30 bucks and they’re similar it looks like.

The fitness reality cage also has two safety bars with another set of pegs attached to each bar. I was possibly considering buying the safety arms too (for the front side of the cage). Only because I paid like 200 for mine at a liquidation store.. otherwise I would have just spent the extra money on a better rack.

https://www.amazon.ca/Yes4All-Safety-Sp ... 77&sr=8-15

https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/H11OTO10276 ... lders.html
Those NL J-hooks are not the right size for the FR 810XLT cage. The pegs are 5/8 inch and depth is 3.5 inch.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1837 posts
741 upvotes
Calgary
Saitamere wrote:
Stall mats at UFA.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2257 posts
3222 upvotes
Yup, I've been using these on my 810XLT for a while. They fit perfectly.

I also added felt furniture pads to the front lip the protect the bar any time I need to roll it to the front. There is UHMW pads everywhere else, which is excellent.

jhook.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3288 posts
2099 upvotes
GTA
I just bought a set of these exact hooks off Kijiji as they cannot be found in stock anywhere in a 2x2x1 configuration.

I'm happy with them, they are very solid and well put together.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)