2x4 Basics Workbench and Shelving Storage System - $86.43

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2018 8:00 pm
5 replies
May 28, 2007
292 posts
95 upvotes
Mississauga
Lumber not included... essentially, paying $90 for 4 2x4s + screws seems a bit steep.
Dec 24, 2011
834 posts
557 upvotes
Sphynx wrote: Lumber not included... essentially, paying $90 for 4 2x4s + screws seems a bit steep.
I agree. Plus, if you have enough tools to require a work bench... shouldn't you have the knowledge to build a basic work bench in the first place?
Feb 25, 2010
445 posts
454 upvotes
HALIFAX
cstriker045 wrote: I agree. Plus, if you have enough tools to require a work bench... shouldn't you have the knowledge to build a basic work bench in the first place?
This is primarily a portable solution for a temporary jobsite, or for people with a tight squeeze to get in to the basement.

(It's the same reason I used to buy IKEA box springs when I was renting. They collapsed so you could get in and out of places with low overhead clearance or corners that were too tight to turn with large furniture)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3187 posts
1873 upvotes
They are plastic, though likely very strong. Also has a lifetime warranty.

At $50 I would be in for 2 sets. I have a long narrow space I plan to build my own in, but @ $50 these would save on enough materials to make it worth it.

I do like the idea of taking the pieces with me to a job site though and putting it together there for a nice temporary table.

But for that price I'll just do my own.

I do see the value for people wanting a bench without the know how/willingness to build from scratch.
Dec 27, 2011
78 posts
66 upvotes
AMHERSTBURG
Have this. Solid hard plastic, very sturdy. Have had for 4 years with no issues. Never needed the top pieces, actually just tossed them in the garbage last week.