Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] 3 multimeters for $32.99 amazon shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 8:22 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27685 posts
8039 upvotes
engineered wrote: If you don't need 3, then just get this one for $5 https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07K49DJC6
They're all cheap china units.
Who the heck does need three? lol

I mean I have at least three multimeters myself but they're all from different times. Two (a old-skool Fluke 77, and a UEI) belonged to my dad, who was an electrician; the last one is a small Equus automotive-designed one (I use this one the most TBH despite it being far cheaper than the other two). I guess the nice thing about this Amazon one is the EBTN LCD it has. My UEI has a green front-lit screen on it, but my other two have no lighting at all. I've never really felt the need for any of them to be visible in low light but it is a nice feature. Oh and it has TrueRMS so that's good too.
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Oct 10th, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2005
812 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks op just ordered got all three for $33 all in
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7046 posts
1408 upvotes
Toronto
er34er34 wrote: In this case, it's not 1v3.
A fluke buys about 20 of these.
I use my multimeter for professional work. For non professional work I guess one of these is ok, but there is no need for 3 of these. In short order all 3 will be in a landfill.

A middle ground would be a used fluke off ebay, I have a fluke 8020B that is older than me which still works great and was purchased for about $50 on ebay.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1374 posts
1114 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: I prefer to use the tried and true method of "spit on finger and a quick touch on the wire"....

Disclaimer: Not a licensed electrician.
That made me laugh out loud!

Thanks for that!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1374 posts
1114 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: The products in the OP ship directly from Amazon.ca

If you are not satisfied with the quality, you can deal with Amazon's usual great return policy.
Kurtz7834 wrote: Just fill in "Inaccurate website description" or "missing warranty card." They don't check any of this anyways, at least not on low end items.

They are cracking down on return fraud, people buying a new item and returning an older, previously owned defective item, etc. things like that.
Scote64 wrote: "Fulfilled by Amazon" should be fine - Amazon is pretty good about returning products that are unsatisfactory, although they have been clamping down a bit more lately.

But still, given what I've seen of cheap multimeters (and I have a few myself), I would spend more to get a quality brand name. Of course if you don't have a mutlimeter at all, and you're too cheap to buy a decent one, better to have something than nothing.
He’s right, that’s for fraud. And as for the return reason that’s not clamping down.

Three returns at once is nothing.

You are obviously not a heavy amazon user. I have things arriving pretty much daily.

And I return a ton!

In fact, I use UPS as my return partner and I am even refunded by amazon within 2 hours of UPS scanning in the package.

Please, if you are an honest Amazon user, don’t worry.

They are seriously the best.

I would like to add I have never scammed, so maybe I have a trusted rating?
Jun 30, 2014
110 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Maybe I can purchase one of three you don't need from you?
12$ Amazon gc
Mar 20, 2005
101 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
Is this dead? Just tried to order but can't see the promo any more. Is there a special process or code I'm missing?
Nov 11, 2013
741 posts
736 upvotes
Calgary
kalb wrote: Is this dead? Just tried to order but can't see the promo any more. Is there a special process or code I'm missing?
Yeah, looks like the promo’s are gone.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10455 posts
4857 upvotes
Too bad i could of used 1 and then 2 gifts but slow to the party
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16897 posts
1742 upvotes
Thornhill
ES_Revenge wrote: Who the heck does need three? lol

I mean I have at least three multimeters myself but they're all from different times. Two (a old-skool Fluke 77, and a UEI) belonged to my dad, who was an electrician; the last one is a small Equus automotive-designed one (I use this one the most TBH despite it being far cheaper than the other two). I guess the nice thing about this Amazon one is the EBTN LCD it has. My UEI has a green front-lit screen on it, but my other two have no lighting at all. I've never really felt the need for any of them to be visible in low light but it is a nice feature. Oh and it has TrueRMS so that's good too.
My first was an analog one (you know, the floating needle that smacked itself so hard against the max range pin if you didn’t select the right range), possibly from Radio Shack. Probably got in high school.

Next and current is the Fluke 77. I’ll only replace it if it dies :)

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Mar 23, 2019
225 posts
121 upvotes
CH40Z_008 wrote: Thanks op just ordered got all three for $33 all in
I ordered as well but I received an email from seller asking me to cancel the order...
Images
  • 75DECB90-7029-4CBF-8532-B44A4B37728A.png
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27685 posts
8039 upvotes
t3359 wrote: My first was an analog one (you know, the floating needle that smacked itself so hard against the max range pin if you didn’t select the right range), possibly from Radio Shack. Probably got in high school.
Ha yeah I had one of them too, dad gave it to me when I was a kid. Not sure what happened to that thing, I know I never broke it, but just "graduated" to using the Fluke after my dad a. brought one home; b. let me use it after a year or two lol. Back then these things must have been super expensive.