Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $30 - BLACK+DECKER Kettle, Dome Style Heritage Design, Stainless Steel, Cream, 1.7L, KE2900CRC

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2020 3:02 pm
[OP]
May 14, 2013
507 posts
736 upvotes
RFD

[Amazon.ca] $30 - BLACK+DECKER Kettle, Dome Style Heritage Design, Stainless Steel, Cream, 1.7L, KE2900CRC

Lowest ever on CCC.

Price looks decent.

Boils water.

Visually appealing in a retro kinda way.
15 replies
Jul 22, 2019
602 posts
556 upvotes
Looks like a pain in the ass to clean. The handles in the way, and it's a small opening at the top.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2123 posts
582 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Need 5$ to get free shipping...

Got good reviews.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1784 posts
921 upvotes
Markham
simplypop wrote: Looks like a pain in the ass to clean. The handles in the way, and it's a small opening at the top.
Thank you. Didnt think about that and cancelled order after your comment.
-------
Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6324 posts
2606 upvotes
Too bad there aren't any pictures of the inside. I am looking for a stainless steel kettle that has NO plastic on the inside or coming in contact with the water. From the amazon comments, sounds like there are plastic pieces inside the kettle. Looks pretty but I'm going to pass.
Feb 10, 2014
971 posts
963 upvotes
Toronto
simplypop wrote: Looks like a pain in the ass to clean. The handles in the way, and it's a small opening at the top.
A diluted mixture of CLR sloshed around and left for a time depending on the staining does the trick (drain out through the spout) then rinse out a few times to get that out. "not great, but not terrible"...
Aug 3, 2014
227 posts
409 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
kunamvahees wrote: Thank you. Didnt think about that and cancelled order after your comment.
Damn so you buy a kettle you didn't even want because you saw it on RFD, then cancelled the order because one random member gave their negative opinion?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1784 posts
921 upvotes
Markham
aysiphu wrote: Damn so you buy a kettle you didn't even want because you saw it on RFD, then cancelled the order because one random member gave their negative opinion?
I am a true RFDer ..Lol..
-------
Thank you
Oct 29, 2010
131 posts
168 upvotes
Quebec
choclover wrote: Too bad there aren't any pictures of the inside. I am looking for a stainless steel kettle that has NO plastic on the inside or coming in contact with the water. From the amazon comments, sounds like there are plastic pieces inside the kettle. Looks pretty but I'm going to pass.
The amazon basics 1L kettle looks like its all stainless inside.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6324 posts
2606 upvotes
simonchretien wrote: The amazon basics 1L kettle looks like its all stainless inside.
Some of the reviewers mentioned that there are plastic pieces (markers?) inside the kettle. Have you actually been able to see a kettle inside for yourself to know there is no plastic inside?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2975 posts
1318 upvotes
A bottle brush works well. Even still, I rarely ever clean my kettle. Anything harmful that might be there doesn't stand much of a chance the next time I boil water.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1100 posts
534 upvotes
Hard to clean for a looking good. Just depends on what you choose.