Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$30 - BLACK+DECKER Kettle, Dome Style Heritage Design, Stainless Steel, Cream, 1.7L, KE2900CRC

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2020 3:02 pm
[OP]
May 14, 2013
635 posts
1113 upvotes
RFD

[Amazon.ca] $30 - BLACK+DECKER Kettle, Dome Style Heritage Design, Stainless Steel, Cream, 1.7L, KE2900CRC

Lowest ever on CCC.

Price looks decent.

Boils water.

Visually appealing in a retro kinda way.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2509 posts
3297 upvotes
Looks like a pain in the ass to clean. The handles in the way, and it's a small opening at the top.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Need 5$ to get free shipping...

Got good reviews.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2590 posts
2406 upvotes
Markham
simplypop wrote: Looks like a pain in the ass to clean. The handles in the way, and it's a small opening at the top.
Thank you. Didnt think about that and cancelled order after your comment.
-------
Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9281 posts
5107 upvotes
Too bad there aren't any pictures of the inside. I am looking for a stainless steel kettle that has NO plastic on the inside or coming in contact with the water. From the amazon comments, sounds like there are plastic pieces inside the kettle. Looks pretty but I'm going to pass.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1327 posts
1346 upvotes
Toronto
simplypop wrote: Looks like a pain in the ass to clean. The handles in the way, and it's a small opening at the top.
A diluted mixture of CLR sloshed around and left for a time depending on the staining does the trick (drain out through the spout) then rinse out a few times to get that out. "not great, but not terrible"...
Aug 3, 2014
265 posts
431 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
kunamvahees wrote: Thank you. Didnt think about that and cancelled order after your comment.
Damn so you buy a kettle you didn't even want because you saw it on RFD, then cancelled the order because one random member gave their negative opinion?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2590 posts
2406 upvotes
Markham
aysiphu wrote: Damn so you buy a kettle you didn't even want because you saw it on RFD, then cancelled the order because one random member gave their negative opinion?
I am a true RFDer ..Lol..
-------
Thank you
Oct 29, 2010
471 posts
723 upvotes
Quebec
choclover wrote: Too bad there aren't any pictures of the inside. I am looking for a stainless steel kettle that has NO plastic on the inside or coming in contact with the water. From the amazon comments, sounds like there are plastic pieces inside the kettle. Looks pretty but I'm going to pass.
The amazon basics 1L kettle looks like its all stainless inside.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9281 posts
5107 upvotes
simonchretien wrote: The amazon basics 1L kettle looks like its all stainless inside.
Some of the reviewers mentioned that there are plastic pieces (markers?) inside the kettle. Have you actually been able to see a kettle inside for yourself to know there is no plastic inside?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6014 posts
5882 upvotes
BC
A bottle brush works well. Even still, I rarely ever clean my kettle. Anything harmful that might be there doesn't stand much of a chance the next time I boil water.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1265 posts
1175 upvotes
Hard to clean for a looking good. Just depends on what you choose.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2509 posts
3297 upvotes
malcom1666 wrote: Hard to clean for a looking good. Just depends on what you choose.
Hard water scaling.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
They have this kettle at my local walmart but at 50$, I checked it and it was a pretty nice kettle for 30$. All plastic parts can be removed if you do not wish to have plastic inside. One is a cup measuring thing (useless in my opinion) and the other is the anti-scaling filter that most kettles have (can also be removed).

I've ordered one from Amazon since my Hamilton B1tch died again (BTW, NEVER BUY A HAMILTON BEACH!), thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)