Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $300 TP-Link WiFi 6 Mesh WiFi, AX3000 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (deco x60) 2 pack

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2020 5:31 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2017
82 posts
181 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $300 TP-Link WiFi 6 Mesh WiFi, AX3000 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (deco x60) 2 pack

Lowest on ccc.
59 replies
Member
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
274 posts
216 upvotes
Hot! I have these and they work wonders
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1849 posts
1416 upvotes
I’m wondering why the downvotes?
RFD should make it mandatory to post the username and an explanation for the downvotes.

I currently have a Netgear Orbi setup and the DHCP has been wreaking havoc here with multiple crashes throughout the day. Things seem to have gotten better with static IPs but wondering if I should jump onto WiFi 6 now?
I had a Deco M3 setup before and was very happy with it.

We have about 25+ devices connected with 4 gaming consoles multiple computers etc.
only got one new PC in the house with WiFi 6, but is now the time with the price??

Anyone?
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2017
82 posts
181 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote: I’m wondering why the downvotes?
RFD should make it mandatory to post the username and an explanation for the downvotes.
Agreed. Downvoting (when it's not obvious why) with no explanations is useless for us RFDers.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
2085 posts
1882 upvotes
Toronto
FooNdaR wrote: I’m wondering why the downvotes?
RFD should make it mandatory to post the username and an explanation for the downvotes.

If you click the question mark next to vote - it shows the reason the person selected (On this case: not a good price and bad product/service)



Jedmos wrote: Agreed. Downvoting (when it's not obvious why) with no explanations is useless for us RFDers.


Because that's how Democracy works. People is allowed to vote and their vote should be counted, even if they're clueless about what they're doing or they're motivated by something else.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2017
82 posts
181 upvotes
neonic wrote:
If you click the question mark next to vote - it shows the reason the person selected (On this case: not a good price and bad product/service)





Because that's how Democracy works. People is allowed to vote and their vote should be counted, even if they're clueless about what they're doing or they're motivated by something else.
Hmmm I don't see the question mark. Maybe because I'm on the mobile app?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
2085 posts
1882 upvotes
Toronto
Jedmos wrote: Hmmm I don't see the question mark. Maybe because I'm on the mobile app?
On mobile you can click on score
Images
  • upload.jpg
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Member
May 9, 2010
403 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
How's the parental control on these? Will it allow me to block certain sites from kids devices? Ie YouTube?
Member
Feb 5, 2012
408 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
How is this different than a router + access point? Or a router + wireless repeater?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2327 posts
1207 upvotes
Markham
Darko2 wrote: Hot! I have these and they work wonders
do you find 2 units enough or you are using 3 units for this particular mesh??

although they say 2 units is good for 5000 sq ft.. like many other meshes that says 2 unit good for 3000sq ft+
i tried Orbi 3 units that interfered with my Ring alarm, i tried TPLink M5 3 units (so so reception throughout the house, M9 2 units not enough)

even 2000 sq ft i find 2 units not good enough.. reception is spotty at many spots through out the house.
just wondering if i should go for 2 or 3 units for this model
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2017
82 posts
181 upvotes
poppy1337 wrote: How is this different than a router + access point? Or a router + wireless repeater?
From my understanding, if you can wire access points, that is the best way to go.

These mesh systems are an alternative in case you can't.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1849 posts
1416 upvotes
Sketchydrifter wrote: How's the parental control on these? Will it allow me to block certain sites from kids devices? Ie YouTube?
Yes. When I had the deco I really liked the free parental controls. Bedtimes etc.
On Netgear Orbi you have to pay for Disney Circle.
Newbie
May 1, 2017
45 posts
79 upvotes
It's only dual band, how does it compare to the eero pro 6 ?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1088 posts
340 upvotes
Kingston
FooNdaR wrote: I’m wondering why the downvotes?
RFD should make it mandatory to post the username and an explanation for the downvotes.

I currently have a Netgear Orbi setup and the DHCP has been wreaking havoc here with multiple crashes throughout the day. Things seem to have gotten better with static IPs but wondering if I should jump onto WiFi 6 now?
I had a Deco M3 setup before and was very happy with it.

We have about 25+ devices connected with 4 gaming consoles multiple computers etc.
only got one new PC in the house with WiFi 6, but is now the time with the price??

Anyone?
I guess it's probably because the item is not on sale for $29.99?!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5193 posts
1490 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder if I should try.

Got the Eero 3-pack recently on Prime-Day. I think 1 of the 3 units is a dud, it keeps randomly disconnecting/resetting and drag down the whole Mesh for a few mins. I'm using with just 2 units right now, but will refund soon for sure.
Have a regular size frontyard but rather extensive backyard which I want coverage. 1 unit of Eero is enough to cover 95%+ of the house already, but will have little to no coverage in either yards.

So how would I setup with this 2 packs...hum
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2009
544 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa
Hi all,


How is this one compare to the 3-pack standard eero system?

Thanks in advance
Sr. Member
Jun 1, 2011
548 posts
127 upvotes
Ajax
For what it is worth, Costco US has the 3 pack for $229.00 for members only-My card was charged for $340.00CAD. For the first time I am using a crossborder service-Shippsy. Their pickup location is conveniently located in Markham, and their pricing is very reasonable. It all depends on the duty and taxes. All that taken into account, it will still be cheaper for me to import.

https://www.costco.com/.product.1401347 ... ed_product

I had bought the Eero 3 pack during Prime Days, and it has been a nightmare with DHCP issues. My main WiFi stops working on some devices due to Double NAT. I have it now setup in a bridge mode, but still the same issues. I am with Bell, so I have no option to put the main router in Bridge mode. I had the Deco M5 before this, and that has worked solid for the past 2 years.

I will keep you guys updated what the final cost is. The package was delivered today in Niagara Falls. The duties can be from 0% to 25%, but what I have seen on our officials website-it might be zero for computer related products-let's hope I am right
Member
User avatar
Aug 27, 2009
268 posts
115 upvotes
vinmatrix wrote: For what it is worth, Costco US has the 3 pack for $229.00 for members only-My card was charged for $340.00CAD. For the first time I am using a crossborder service-Shippsy. Their pickup location is conveniently located in Markham, and their pricing is very reasonable. It all depends on the duty and taxes. All that taken into account, it will still be cheaper for me to import.

https://www.costco.com/.product.1401347 ... ed_product

I had bought the Eero 3 pack during Prime Days, and it has been a nightmare with DHCP issues. My main WiFi stops working on some devices due to Double NAT. I have it now setup in a bridge mode, but still the same issues. I am with Bell, so I have no option to put the main router in Bridge mode. I had the Deco M5 before this, and that has worked solid for the past 2 years.

I will keep you guys updated what the final cost is. The package was delivered today in Niagara Falls. The duties can be from 0% to 25%, but what I have seen on our officials website-it might be zero for computer related products-let's hope I am right
Did you use a CAD credit card to buy from Costco US? My order got cancelled a few months back.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1849 posts
1416 upvotes
neonic wrote: If you click the question mark next to vote - it shows the reason the person selected (On this case: not a good price and bad product/service






Because that's how Democracy works. People is allowed to vote and their vote should be counted, even if they're clueless about what they're doing or they're motivated by something else.
This made me think of your post.
Images
  • 86EBF02D-D808-45E1-BCF4-6E4EAF5CB789.jpeg

Top