30W Glue Gun Kit with 20pcs Glue Sticks for Small DIY Projects - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 4:28 pm
[OP]
Banned
Nov 2, 2019
16 posts
125 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] 30W Glue Gun Kit with 20pcs Glue Sticks for Small DIY Projects - $14.99

There is a coupon on the product page to get 40% off, bringing the cost down to $14.99 with free shipping for prime members.

May be good for projects with the kids or small jobs around the home.
9 replies
Jan 20, 2005
896 posts
1197 upvotes
Toronto
soupmaster666 wrote: Glue guns and glue sticks are available at my dollar store for $4 and $2 each, maybe that's why.

Of course I would not advocate anyone go to a dollar store during a pandemic to get something easily available on Amazon.
From experience, the $4 glue gun from the dollar store is suddenly not a good deal when it dies during the first use. If you have ever dealt with a 6yr old's meltdown (pun), you would appreciate why the well-rated Amazon glue gun is worth the premium, for me at least...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19432 posts
22541 upvotes
GTA
scott_newsgroup wrote: From experience, the $4 glue gun from the dollar store is suddenly not a good deal when it dies during the first use. If you have ever dealt with a 6yr old's meltdown (pun), you would appreciate why the well-rated Amazon glue gun is worth the premium, for me at least...
Is there any reason to believe this TOPELEK gun is higher quality than the dollar store version? Fakespot gives it a C FWIW.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jan 20, 2005
896 posts
1197 upvotes
Toronto
It can't be worse. I got <1 use from the dollar store unit.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2520 posts
1254 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Why was this deal "expired"?
It is still available at the price in title.
Anyway I bought one for my kids.
Jun 15, 2019
330 posts
571 upvotes
engineered wrote: Is there any reason to believe this TOPELEK gun is higher quality than the dollar store version? Fakespot gives it a C FWIW.
Wouldn't think so, but I picked one up for ease of use. Look at this thing...
https://www.dollarama.com/en-CA/p-glue-gun/3035071

Teeny tiny. Look how massive the power plug is. You would be operating it with 3 fingers, pretty much. I kinda like the idea of having a proper handle on it.
Also, power rating is doubled on OP's unit. Don't know if it makes much of a difference, tho
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3078 posts
3038 upvotes
rokask wrote: Wouldn't think so, but I picked one up for ease of use. Look at this thing...
https://www.dollarama.com/en-CA/p-glue-gun/3035071

Teeny tiny. Look how massive the power plug is. You would be operating it with 3 fingers, pretty much. I kinda like the idea of having a proper handle on it.
Also, power rating is doubled on OP's unit. Don't know if it makes much of a difference, tho
That's the small variety one, that uses thin glue sticks, available in the crafts/office supplies isle. Dollarama also carries 2 much beefier industrial versions, with thick glue sticks, available in the home repair/construction isle.
Jun 15, 2019
330 posts
571 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: That's the small variety one, that uses thin glue sticks, available in the crafts/office supplies isle. Dollarama also carries 2 much beefier industrial versions, with thick glue sticks, available in the home repair/construction isle.
Yup, they are bigger. Aww well, too late now, it's about to arrive on Tuesday :P
IMG_4071.jpg
IMG_4072.jpg
Jun 15, 2019
330 posts
571 upvotes
Absolute garbage... Same size as the dollarama unit (yes, a bit longer handle) but 7mm size glue sticks... Omg, should have read the description or smth. Immediate return.
Oh yeah, tension reliever on the cord... That's not part of the cord... It just has the cord going through it loosely. Bah... Waster of time. Dollarama FTW again!