Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $33.99 no tax TaoTronics TT-SL215 Led Strip Lights Works with Alexa,32.8FT Waterproof Smart WiFi Music Rope Lights

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2021 10:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 7, 2012
434 posts
811 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $33.99 no tax TaoTronics TT-SL215 Led Strip Lights Works with Alexa,32.8FT Waterproof Smart WiFi Music Rope Lights

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08DVCGP74/ref ... dGb1VZ4KAN

Clip $10 coupon, make sure it applied when on the end screen before purchase. Go back try again.

They work, Alexa works, remote controlled and someone on a previous thread (that couldn’t be brought back from expired for whatever reason) - they said they didn’t have adhesive 3m tape on theirs. These definitely have 3m adhesive on them you just have to carefully peel the protective layer off the back. - the app works - and they have a nice responsive microphone for the music modes works.

No tax charged , clip $10 coupon
**Coupon was $12 off now it’s only $10 off **
Last edited by Sampras35 on Jan 28th, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
28 replies
Nov 3, 2018
305 posts
651 upvotes
1) are these easy to bend around corners?

2) can the mic be disabled?
[OP]
Dec 7, 2012
434 posts
811 upvotes
supremePug wrote: 1) are these easy to bend around corners?

I don’t know if the mic can be disabled there is a button on the remote control where you activate it. So I suppose it’s not active listening like Alexa it’s only on when you turn that mode on.

Yes they are like almost silicone like and easily bent around corners
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3530 posts
1598 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Setting up a Karaoke room in the basement, this will go nicely
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2406 posts
1682 upvotes
Calgary
Which specific app does this use on iOS?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8680 posts
1563 upvotes
Vancouver
supremePug wrote: 1) are these easy to bend around corners?

I have a similar set from govvee the mic is used in sound mode (which works well) I suppose you could physically cut the mic off.

Just a heads up for those installing rgb led rope like this I just recently bought and returned them when I found out RGBIC. It allows you to control each LED independently and its way cooler lighting effects. It’s much more expensive but worth it in my opinion. Unless you’re doing a huge run I think the premium is worth it.
Images
  • D6299978-9C26-4D0D-B7CF-5016A060D0A0.jpeg
Last edited by GangStarr on Jan 23rd, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2406 posts
1682 upvotes
Calgary
sfayerman wrote: This one in the picture
Thanks!

Trying to figure out if this can be connected to Homebridge. From what I can tell, ones that use an app called Magic Home can. Not sure about this one though...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2152 posts
668 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks got one. Will install outside next year as landscape lighting.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4474 posts
6088 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
YMMV, but I'm returning the ones I got. The protective tape peeled off the sticky tape on both reels. The strips can't be stuck to anything.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2012
434 posts
811 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: YMMV, but I'm returning the ones I got. The protective tape peeled off the sticky tape on both reels. The strips can't be stuck to anything.
I mentioned you in the post. You just needed to pick at it carefully with your fingernail and it would have been bonded to the lights just fine. I’ve installed 7 sets and I can understand your frustration with it but you just have to be careful with it. Worked perfectly.
May 3, 2016
148 posts
201 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: Which specific app does this use on iOS?
It looks like it uses the generic "smart home" app that all of these Chinese OEM smart lights/bulbs/switches use.

I have this, a TECKIN RGB strip and multiple Lenovo Smart Bulbs.

This uses the TaoTronics app, the TECKIN uses the "SmartLife" app and Lenovo uses the "Link Pro" app. They are ALL THE SAME APP. But you have to create a new account for each.

I added everything to the Lenovo app and everything works perfectly. I think the smart switches from Costco can also be added to the Lenovo app.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1467 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
PerrierWater wrote: It looks like it uses the generic "smart home" app that all of these Chinese OEM smart lights/bulbs/switches use.

I have this, a TECKIN RGB strip and multiple Lenovo Smart Bulbs.

This uses the TaoTronics app, the TECKIN uses the "SmartLife" app and Lenovo uses the "Link Pro" app. They are ALL THE SAME APP. But you have to create a new account for each.

I added everything to the Lenovo app and everything works perfectly. I think the smart switches from Costco can also be added to the Lenovo app.
Are you saying to added the TECKIN and TaoTronics devices to the Lenovo app and can control them? I have TECKIN strips and smart outlets but would be interested to know if these TaoTronics strips can be added to the SmartLife app.

Ultimately I do most of the control with Google Home, but the initial set up goes through the proprietary app.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4474 posts
6088 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
sfayerman wrote: I mentioned you in the post. You just needed to pick at it carefully with your fingernail and it would have been bonded to the lights just fine. I’ve installed 7 sets and I can understand your frustration with it but you just have to be careful with it. Worked perfectly.
I tried that with different parts of both strips, but no joy. Have to return
May 3, 2016
148 posts
201 upvotes
hssironman wrote: Are you saying to added the TECKIN and TaoTronics devices to the Lenovo app and can control them? I have TECKIN strips and smart outlets but would be interested to know if these TaoTronics strips can be added to the SmartLife app.

Ultimately I do most of the control with Google Home, but the initial set up goes through the proprietary app.
Yes. TECKIN, TaoTronics, Lenovo all use the same basic app. Just use whichever app you already have an account on.

I also do the initial set up through the app and control it using Google Home. So far, no issues with everything.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1467 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
PerrierWater wrote: Yes. TECKIN, TaoTronics, Lenovo all use the same basic app. Just use whichever app you already have an account on.

I also do the initial set up through the app and control it using Google Home. So far, no issues with everything.
Thanks. I'll give them a try.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2152 posts
668 upvotes
Montreal
Already received mine. Seem to work fine.
I'd like to get extensions so I can install them further away from the power supply.
Haven't tested the backing tape but they're usually pretty bad, I use some quality double sided tape.
Feb 16, 2004
844 posts
69 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: any thoughts compared to this? (other than double length)

amazon-ca-led-strip-teckin-16-4ft-rgb-l ... 2434286/3/

mine has 3 broken led's so i'm either thinking to exchange, or return and get this instead
Installed the Teckin yesterday... Loving them.

Got this today. Beat matching music feature is cool. But the quality of the tape is cheaper for sure. And they are 32 feet but in different directions, not end to end. I am glad i kept the teckin for a simple installation but will still use this elsewhere. If I wasnt intetested in alexa or music beat features then Teckin is better and cheaper imo.