[$337] GIGABYTE RTX 3050 8G

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2022 10:06 am
39 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2241 posts
2517 upvotes
I don’t support companies that practice price gauging … Nvidia can burn in hell for all I care.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2163 posts
2741 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: I don’t support companies that practice price gauging … Nvidia can burn in hell for all I care.
same
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Dec 9, 2006
17 posts
59 upvotes
Grab a Radeon rx6600 or 6600xt and save yourself a ton of heartache. Go take a look at gamers nexus, hardware unboxed reviews on the rx6600.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2524 posts
500 upvotes
Montreal
fluidmax wrote: I don’t support companies that practice price gauging … Nvidia can burn in hell for all I care.
Isn't AMD doing the same price gouging as Nvidia with their 7900 XT/XTX being overpriced given the XTX is not much cheaper for the similar rasterization performance as the 4080 and has bad raytracing performance and the XT is just plain overpriced for what it does. I don't think there's a good guy in this situation.
Aug 28, 2013
256 posts
179 upvotes
wrdeal24 wrote: Isn't AMD doing the same price gouging as Nvidia with their 7900 XT/XTX being overpriced given the XTX is not much cheaper for the similar rasterization performance as the 4080 and has bad raytracing performance and the XT is just plain overpriced for what it does. I don't think there's a good guy in this situation.
shhhhhhhh its price gauging only if Nvidia is doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6219 posts
7395 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wrdeal24 wrote: Isn't AMD doing the same price gouging as Nvidia with their 7900 XT/XTX being overpriced given the XTX is not much cheaper for the similar rasterization performance as the 4080 and has bad raytracing performance and the XT is just plain overpriced for what it does. I don't think there's a good guy in this situation.
Personally I'll excuse the high-end products from pricing complaints. It's expected to charge a premium for cutting-edge and/or halo products.
Feb 22, 2006
619 posts
235 upvotes
1060 gigachad here, whats the next most logical upgrade from the 1060 where I can still use my existing Gigchad 650watt power supply, if so.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6219 posts
7395 upvotes
Richmond Hill
weales wrote: 1060 gigachad here, whats the next most logical upgrade from the 1060 where I can still use my existing Gigchad 650watt power supply, if so.
6650XT if you're looking at this price point of mid 300s.

If the only criteria is that you keep the gigachad PSU, then the 4080 would probably work with that 650W PSU if your CPU isn't too power hungry. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2524 posts
500 upvotes
Montreal
rugerty100 wrote: Personally I'll excuse the high-end products from pricing complaints. It's expected to charge a premium for cutting-edge and/or halo products.
The same logic could be used for talking about the the 4090/4080 and Nvidia hasn't launched anything else in the 4000 line so far. The point is AMD could try to undercut Nvidia but they really are happy with being slightly cheaper to make up for their lower performance in raytracing and calling it a day for the vast majority of their lineup.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6219 posts
7395 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wrdeal24 wrote: The same logic could be used for talking about the the 4090/4080 and Nvidia hasn't launched anything else in the 4000 line so far. The point is AMD could try to undercut Nvidia but they really are happy with being slightly cheaper to make up for their lower performance in raytracing and calling it a day for the vast majority of their lineup.
Yep, I have no problem with the pricing for the 4090. My issue is with "low-end" cards like the 3050 being $300+ while barely beating the 2060
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2524 posts
500 upvotes
Montreal
rugerty100 wrote: Yep, I have no problem with the pricing for the 4090. My issue is with "low-end" cards like the 3050 being $300+ while barely beating the 2060
Well, time will tell how the rest of the RTX 4000/RX 7000 series look in price.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1539 posts
4135 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Yep, I have no problem with the pricing for the 4090.
You have no problem with the 4090 pricing???
Did you mean the 7900XT? Or are you seriously telling us a high end GPU worth the average rent TWICE is a perfectly acceptable price?
If so please let me know when was a GPU on the higher end worth 2 rents in the past 3 decades?
I have spoken
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6219 posts
7395 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wrdeal24 wrote: Well, time will tell how the rest of the RTX 4000/RX 7000 series look in price.
The rest of Lovelace will probably launch high with price drops later on.

There's quite an overstock of Ampere cards and Nvidia won't be moving them fast with prices like this.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6219 posts
7395 upvotes
Richmond Hill
almasyseifer wrote: You have no problem with the 4090 pricing???
Did you mean the 7900XT? Or are you seriously telling us a high end GPU worth the average rent TWICE is a perfectly acceptable price?
If so please let me know when was a GPU on the higher end worth 2 rents in the past 3 decades?
I have absolutely no issue with the top end halo products being exorbitantly high. It's like the Nissan GT-R, it's not really a car the typical consumer goes for at Nissan, but it's an option if you want the performance/prestige and can splurge for it.
Dec 20, 2019
718 posts
3018 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
Nvidia is currently testing the waters... They want to see how much the market will bear. They've been on a high from the crypto + miner fiasco, and it's hard for them to drop back down, understandably. But their antics might drive a lot of people from PC to consoles. If they are not careful, they might end up killing the golden goose. Nvidia needs to remember who their true long-term supporters are.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Dec 18th, 2022 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 4, 2015
628 posts
2234 upvotes
Calgary, AB
No company is perfect, but nVidia is just pure greed at this point.

Let's see..
1) Top end from both companies is outrageously priced; same people who buy these are the people who buy Apple's $800 AirPods Max. Little purpose to do so, but if it helps subsidize normal people then why not.
2) nVidia did not only want to be greedy on the top end, but also down the stack - look at the whole 4080 unlaunching fiasco [remains to be seen if AMD will be equally as greedy]
3) AMD is cutting the price of their GPUs substantially, which is consumer friendly, that's why you can actually get decent deals on their 6000 generation cards
4) nVidia, despite sitting on a mountain of cards, still wants to charge full ticket on a 2+ year old technology
5) not only does nVidia want to sell you old technology at inflated price, they even have the balls to re-release the 3060 8G which is a cut down gimped version to milk even harder

How about nVidia discount some cards as gamers have been waiting for 2+ years to clear stock then release the next generation at reasonable prices? Sadly the GPU market is basically a monopoly and nVidia is taking advantage of this fact. These GPU companies made insane profits during the crypto boom and it's not enough that they made billions.