[Amazon.ca] $35.99 - simplehuman 8 oz. Sensor Pump with Soap Sample, White

Lowest ever on CCC.
103 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1160 posts
336 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know if the sensor keeps dispensing soap as long as your hand is under the spout? Or does it just give out a standard amount every time?

Kids are using an overwhelming amount every time to the point it's wasteful. I'm in for one if this solves the problem.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1482 posts
472 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
dekay wrote: Anyone know if the sensor keeps dispensing soap as long as your hand is under the spout? Or does it just give out a standard amount every time?

Kids are using an overwhelming amount every time to the point it's wasteful. I'm in for one if this solves the problem.
It gives a standard amount. You can set how much comes out.

I have five of these in the house, love them. I just refill with whatever cheap liquid soap's on sale.

I did get one that died shortly after I got it, Simplehuman support sent me a new one via one day shipping, I sent the other one back in the same packaging post paid by them. I ain't ever complaining about them.
Last edited by caltran on Feb 14th, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 22, 2011
193 posts
278 upvotes
dekay wrote: Anyone know if the sensor keeps dispensing soap as long as your hand is under the spout? Or does it just give out a standard amount every time?

It has levels of adjust, been using this model for 3-4 years, works well. Although i wish it was a foaming one
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3966 posts
907 upvotes
Had use some of these before. Either the nozzle becomes clogged up once a while or the battery compartment (on bottom) had water gone inside when it was sitting beside the sink. Obviously can't use any soap especially the thicker ones.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Feb 2, 2006
424 posts
197 upvotes
I have one by the kitchen sink and use any dish soap and haven't had any issues in the 8 months I've owned it.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10229 posts
1603 upvotes
We are still using the old Lysol One-Touch with syringe-refilled refill. Lysol doesn't sell the refill anymore. :(
May 28, 2007
256 posts
210 upvotes
CALGARY
I personally like the Lysol foaming dispenser better. It is cheaper, it looks nice, and I also much prefer foam.
Foam uses much less soap, and spreads easier especially for people(kids) who doesn't always scrub properly.

The Lysol soap it comes with sucks though. It is very dry and irritating. I replaced the soap with Rocky Mountain Soap refills and it is perfect.

This is the one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MSI ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by milkmilk on Feb 14th, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 17, 2013
791 posts
132 upvotes
WINNIPEG
what kind of maintenance do you have to do to keep it going or prevent pump clogs?
Oct 22, 2011
193 posts
278 upvotes
vrredflag wrote: what kind of maintenance do you have to do to keep it going or prevent pump clogs?
Zero for this model. Ive run this 3-4 years no issue. Changed batteries maybe 3 times?

I had the older simple human for 10 years and it still runs. This is used daily as the kitchen hand soap dispenser
Jun 4, 2007
843 posts
400 upvotes
milkmilk wrote: I personally like the Lysol foaming dispenser better. It is cheaper, it looks nice, and I also much prefer foam.
Foam uses much less soap, and spreads easier especially for people(kids) who doesn't always scrub properly.

The Lysol soap it comes with sucks though. It is very dry and irritating. I replaced the soap with Rocky Mountain Soap refills and it is perfect.

This is the one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MSI ... UTF8&psc=1
Do you need special foaming type soap for this? Or can you use any reg soap and it makes it foamy?
Sep 18, 2017
74 posts
52 upvotes
Richmond, BC
great product. been running for 3 years in our house, no issues so far
May 28, 2007
256 posts
210 upvotes
CALGARY
Mmagic888 wrote: Do you need special foaming type soap for this? Or can you use any reg soap and it makes it foamy?
The Rocky Mountain Soap refills that I use is specifically for foaming soap dispensers.
I think you have to use only the foaming type as I found that these refills all have much lower viscosity compares to regular liquid hand soap.