• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 1:01 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2007
56 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] $35 Koogeek Smart WiFi LED Light Strip

Koogeek is having a sale for the World Cup. https://www.koogeek.com/2018-world-football-cup.html On their promotion page, it shows LED strip regular price is $59.99. After 30% discount code, the price is $41.99 on Amazon. However, the LED light strip actually sells for $49.99 on Amazon. With 30% off, the sale price is $34.99. There's also no tax for the LED light strip on Amazon.
The strip is quiet good. You don't need a hub to use it. It's compatible with HomeKit and Alexa.

Discount code is 5IID2ZSF
13 replies
Jun 17, 2015
55 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Was gonna pull the trigger until i saw fakespot gave it an F. It usually indicates the quality is kinda bad. but YMMV
Dec 19, 2012
331 posts
151 upvotes
evangelionli wrote: Was gonna pull the trigger until i saw fakespot gave it an F. It usually indicates the quality is kinda bad. but YMMV
I can’t speak for this strip but I have some of their products and they all work great with HomeKit
Dec 8, 2010
700 posts
977 upvotes
Toronto
This any good for tv bias lighting?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1100 posts
95 upvotes
Magog
Is the code only good once? Wanted to order a 2nd one but saying code is now invalid -_-
[OP]
Sep 5, 2007
56 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary
I bought this LED strip 3 days ago for $40 and I just set it up yesterday. The quality of the product is fine. Koogeek makes a lot of smart home products. I have their smart plugs and dimmer switches. They are running just fine. The integration with Alexa is so so, but they work perfectly with Apple HomeKit.
This one should be fine to use as a TV bias lighting. There's double sided tape on the back of the strip which you can stick to the back of the TV. You can use the app on your phone to control the brightness and colour of the light.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8327 posts
2006 upvotes
Mont-Royal
how do u charge the strips? i mean do u need a power plug? or it runs on battery?

Not sure which way to power them, can you cut them?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1920 posts
1676 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
L4cky wrote: how do u charge the strips? i mean do u need a power plug? or it runs on battery?

Not sure which way to power them, can you cut them?
from the pictures, it looks like a USB A port. so any USB wall charger (like for your phone) should work.
Jun 19, 2010
556 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
For $35 I'll give it a shot... I like Philips hue but for a third of the price I'll give this a go. If it's no good I'll return it.
Aug 5, 2017
129 posts
316 upvotes
As others said, code doesn't work. Also pretty lame that the american price is $14 but canadian is $41 :/