Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Locked: 3M Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator, 6800, Medium $175.47

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 9:03 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 25, 2019
865 posts
1908 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] 3M Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator, 6800, Medium $175.47

HOT PRICE!

Other places are selling these for close to $300.

Image
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 15th, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
66 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7226 posts
6406 upvotes
Perfect for my Disneyworld vacation!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2994 upvotes
A bit extreme, and i wouldnt wear this outside to save my life. And you still need to buy the filters.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
Some people / business do have legitimate non-covid19 use cases for this.

Not everything is covid19 related.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
15003 posts
11527 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Bought 5!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Member
Dec 25, 2017
457 posts
1070 upvotes
I own one of these, covid doesnt spread through eyecontact, so the mouth/nose (half mask) only version is good enough.
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3868 upvotes
nUseBro wrote: I own one of these, covid doesnt spread through eyecontact, so the mouth/nose (half mask) only version is good enough.
Who lied to you?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1644 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
nUseBro wrote: I own one of these, covid doesnt spread through eyecontact, so the mouth/nose (half mask) only version is good enough.
Do you have a source for that?

This is what I've seen:
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200 ... -eyes.aspx
Member
Jan 2, 2013
350 posts
620 upvotes
Montreal
Lies lies lies and lies. So all healthcare workers are stupid **** that wear visors/goggles?
Member
Feb 4, 2017
358 posts
426 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Some people / business do have legitimate non-covid19 use cases for this.

Not everything is covid19 related.
I use it for asbestos projects.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2994 upvotes
nUseBro wrote: I own one of these, covid doesnt spread through eyecontact, so the mouth/nose (half mask) only version is good enough.
100% sure it can penetrate the membranes of your eyes. This mask can be useful but is too extreme for the normal person. It;'s nice to have options now to decide, rather than wait for wave 2 to appear and stock inventory to once again fall to 0.
Member
Aug 2, 2007
442 posts
258 upvotes
Coquitlam
Might be a stupid question but does this protect the wearer against covid? Actually kind of surprising healthcare doesnt have priority access to this mask if so.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4114 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
simsimi1004 wrote: Might be a stupid question but does this protect the wearer against covid? Actually kind of surprising healthcare doesnt have priority access to this mask if so.
From the product description...
Important information

Legal Disclaimer


3M industrial and occupational products are intended, labelled, and packaged for sale to trained industrial and occupational customers for workplace use. Unless specifically stated otherwise on the applicable product packaging or literature, these products are not intended, labelled, or packaged for sale to or use by consumers (e.g., for home, personal, primary or secondary school, recreational/sporting, or other uses not described in the applicable product packaging or literature), and must be selected and used in compliance with applicable health and safety standards, as well as all product literature, user instructions, warnings, and limitations. Misuse of 3M industrial and occupational products may result in injury, sickness, or death. For help with product selection and use, consult your on-site safety professional, industrial hygienist, or other subject matter expert. For additional product information, visit www.3M.ca.
As much as I would like to “suit up” before I go to work, I suspect I might increase my risk, rather than decrease it, by trying to use this.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1325 posts
1292 upvotes
badOne wrote: 100% sure it can penetrate the membranes of your eyes. This mask can be useful but is too extreme for the normal person. It;'s nice to have options now to decide, rather than wait for wave 2 to appear and stock inventory to once again fall to 0.
Covid can enter your body through your eyes but can the situation result in a high enough viral load to become infected. If your walking by someone who is infected and wearing a regular mask, I doubt you’ll get Covid. This mask is overkill unless someone coughs or sneezes into your face.
Member
Dec 25, 2017
457 posts
1070 upvotes
anom wrote: Do you have a source for that?

This is what I've seen:
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200 ... -eyes.aspx
I have been right about covid literally every step of the way. I got my mask in January and predicted literally everything that happened up until today. I can confidently talk about the disease without sources. The touching your eyes thing is an obvious meme. This misconception started when people started lying about the fact that it wasn't airborne on a technicality that it wasn't airborne on its own but rather using other particles in the air, which themselves are airborne to spread.

However, the source is the CDC a few months ago. Can't find it anymore, but you can loosely trust me.
Member
Dec 25, 2017
457 posts
1070 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: Who lied to you?
you probably believed that masks don't work 3 months ago. You probably believe that asymptomatic cases have no effects. You probably believe that BLM protests are not responsible for the 2nd spike in US cases.
Member
Dec 25, 2017
457 posts
1070 upvotes
simsimi1004 wrote: Might be a stupid question but does this protect the wearer against covid? Actually kind of surprising healthcare doesnt have priority access to this mask if so.
Yes it does if you have a p100 filter that works on organic vapors (pink or beige color)
Member
Dec 25, 2017
457 posts
1070 upvotes
BaDumTss wrote: Lies lies lies and lies. So all healthcare workers are stupid **** that wear visors/goggles?
Largely so, yes. They are still using the wrong type of masks. N95 literally means 95% and p100 masks both exists in filter and in mask format. Eye contact is not a major vector.
Sr. Member
Jan 25, 2016
930 posts
1544 upvotes
Toronto
nUseBro wrote: I have been right about covid literally every step of the way. I got my mask in January and predicted literally everything that happened up until today. I can confidently talk about the disease without sources. The touching your eyes thing is an obvious meme. This misconception started when people started lying about the fact that it wasn't airborne on a technicality that it wasn't airborne on its own but rather using other particles in the air, which themselves are airborne to spread.

However, the source is the CDC a few months ago. Can't find it anymore, but you can loosely trust me.
Can you tell me when this is going to be over, Houdini?
Member
Dec 25, 2017
457 posts
1070 upvotes
badOne wrote: 100% sure it can penetrate the membranes of your eyes. This mask can be useful but is too extreme for the normal person. It;'s nice to have options now to decide, rather than wait for wave 2 to appear and stock inventory to once again fall to 0.
Though technically accurate, it's a super mundane assessment. Virtually noone is getting this disease through their eyes. The likelihood of contracting covid in any way other than through the mouth is so low that if you want to wear a visor now, you should wear a helmet permanently for the rest of your life.

Top