Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Locked: 3M Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator, 6800, Medium $175.47

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 9:03 am
Dec 25, 2017
462 posts
1087 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote: From the product description...

As much as I would like to “suit up” before I go to work, I suspect I might increase my risk, rather than decrease it, by trying to use this.
It is extremely simple for you to use this mask and nearly impossible to mess up. The doctors who told you this 3 months back were ill informed and blatantly lying. It is super easy to put on, the half mask version is a bit trickier, but once you understand it correctly it takes 5 seconds. You aren't touching anywhere even close to your mouth and nose anyway and the seal is super easy to maintain even as you re-position the mask for comfort.
Dec 25, 2017
462 posts
1087 upvotes
sparkaction wrote: Covid can enter your body through your eyes but can the situation result in a high enough viral load to become infected. If your walking by someone who is infected and wearing a regular mask, I doubt you’ll get Covid. This mask is overkill unless someone coughs or sneezes into your face.
the answer is yes you can become infected at nearly all viral loads and through your eyes. The difference is that smaller viral loads tend to produce higher survival rates.
But yes, it is true that eye infections are not a major vector and should be ignored.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1735 posts
253 upvotes
Winnipeg
simsimi1004 wrote: Might be a stupid question but does this protect the wearer against covid? Actually kind of surprising healthcare doesnt have priority access to this mask if so.
Yea, P100 filters are higher efficiency than N95 (95 vs 99.97% efficiency at 0.3 microns) and are oil-proof.

These have a valve for comfort (your breath going out - not filtered) and cost.
Apr 21, 2020
149 posts
160 upvotes
in China it costs 20 or 30
Apr 13, 2010
329 posts
723 upvotes
If you're not sure how the new coronavirus spreads, here's a good detailed discussion of it:
https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-ri ... avoid-them

This mask, used properly, will definitely work, but it is overkill, and very conspicuously so, because of the eye covering.

Either way, even though masks are better than nothing, the safest thing to do is stay home whenever possible. Use Matrix, Jitsi Meet, Signal, Telegram, or whatever video calling software you prefer to get your fill of social interaction, and learn to live with this until we find a way to control the disease.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1353 posts
2486 upvotes
nUseBro wrote: you probably believed that masks don't work 3 months ago. You probably believe that asymptomatic cases have no effects. You probably believe that BLM protests are not responsible for the 2nd spike in US cases.
You are wrong on this dude.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... ogles-help
Respiratory droplet transmission can occur when a person is in close contact (within 1 metre) with an infected person who has respiratory symptoms (e.g. coughing or sneezing) or who is talking or singing; in these circumstances, respiratory droplets that include virus can reach the mouth, nose or eyes of a susceptible person and can result in infection

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentar ... recautions

And you are also wrong about the BLM protests.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/coron ... index.html

If the BLM protests were responsible, then why didn't cases spike in Minnesota or NYC?
Dec 25, 2017
462 posts
1087 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: You are wrong on this dude.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... ogles-help

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentar ... recautions

And you are also wrong about the BLM protests.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/coron ... index.html

If the BLM protests were responsible, then why didn't cases spike in Minnesota or NYC?
I'm not even going to bother reading what you're posting because at this point I am an expert on the matter. You can look at my post history to see i was the first person on RFD to request coronavirus deals and was mocked for it. Similarly, today, you are being equally inane.

It should be obvious that protests are what caused the spike if you just look at
A: the graph and add a 2 week delay from the start and
B: the proportion of young vs old newly tested positive cases (youth cases moved from roughly from 18% to 35% of total)

This is the mask story all over. How could you possibly believe a mask doesn't work, and how could you possibly believe protests don't cause additional cases. Your mind has been mushed into compliance through years of continuously faulty thinking and you should be ashamed of yourself.

As for the eye story, the CDC took the time out of their day to retract and specifically go out of their way to mention it is not a significant transmission vector. Please read between the lines, for them to go out of their way and say that, it must be nearly 0 if not literally 0. A better question would be, do you have any confirmed documented cases of people getting the disease specifically through their eye membrane?

Anyway, I'm an expert, you are not. Don't reply.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7110 posts
2891 upvotes
GTA
nUseBro wrote: the answer is yes you can become infected at nearly all viral loads and through your eyes. The difference is that smaller viral loads tend to produce higher survival rates.
But yes, it is true that eye infections are not a major vector and should be ignored.
Your tears after lubricating are drained into your nasal cavity (through the lacrimal drainage system beginning with the upper and lower puncta).

So eye protection is a necessity, as there is no air currents or lungs creating negative pressure for suction, it may not be as viable but when you are walking you don't need suction to gather minute particulate onto your eyes, which eventually would drain into your nasal cavity.
Dec 25, 2017
462 posts
1087 upvotes
porksoda wrote: Your tears after lubricating are drained into your nasal cavity (through the lacrimal drainage system beginning with the upper and lower puncta).

So eye protection is a necessity, as there is no air currents or lungs creating negative pressure for suction, it may not be as viable but when you are walking you don't need suction to gather minute particulate onto your eyes, which eventually would drain into your nasal cavity.
Technically accurate, physically accurate, but wrong.
Dec 25, 2017
462 posts
1087 upvotes
HelloNanaimo wrote: Can you tell me when this is going to be over, Houdini?
My main criticism is that as it currently stands we have not flattened the curve, rather, we have decided (try) to prevent the curve from forming in the first place. This means there will never be herd immunity for covid. Literally never. In other words, people will have to wait for the vaccine to come out for this to be over. People will stop caring about covid progressively because people aren't patient. If you take the example of New zealand, it is one of the rare areas wherein the cases actually did go to 0. They imported a few cases and now they're at 27. It is to note that New Zealand is an island as well as mostly white.

In Canada we have the privilege of being next to the U.S. so we can never hope to go to 0 cases.
The death rate for COVID is by my estimation somewhere around 1,2% of total cases (including asymptomatic).
As the government has already doubled down on the lockdown, it is reasonable to assume that covid will not end until the introduction of the vaccine.
So nothing before April 2021. My take is that by June of 2021 we will have either finished dealing with it, or given up and finished talking about it.
Alternatively we can give up on flattening the curve and finish this in a few months time, but the actions by which this could be achieved can only be ascribed as being domestic terrorism.

As it stands, the main issue with COVID is that the disease is damaging the lungs of people who are asymptomatic, severely damaging people that it doesn't kill and has an immunity period that may be less than 4 months in length. In other words, this disease stands the change to cycle through the population over and over again tripling its mortality rate to 3% of total cases. One of the past theories for Covid was that the reason the cases in china were so bizarre is that china was actually living through its second wave in january. It would explain the vast difference in the cases experienced in China vs the West. I really do recommend you look at *how* the people were dying in china. A lot of it was through cytokine storms and sudden deaths. It was extremely common to see videos of people falling down in the streets from lack of air. We have not seen this in Canada. The second wave theory didn't really match the world we live in, but it is important to know that the mortality rate, despite being """high""", is not what is actually worrying us.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1468 posts
3457 upvotes
nUseBro wrote: I have been right about covid literally every step of the way. I got my mask in January and predicted literally everything that happened up until today. I can confidently talk about the disease without sources. The touching your eyes thing is an obvious meme. This misconception started when people started lying about the fact that it wasn't airborne on a technicality that it wasn't airborne on its own but rather using other particles in the air, which themselves are airborne to spread.

However, the source is the CDC a few months ago. Can't find it anymore, but you can loosely trust me.
This is top tier "/IAmSoSmart" material :D
Jul 14, 2008
322 posts
845 upvotes
nUseBro wrote: My main criticism is that as it currently stands we have not flattened the curve, rather, we have decided (try) to prevent the curve from forming in the first place. This means there will never be herd immunity for covid. Literally never. In other words, people will have to wait for the vaccine to come out for this to be over. People will stop caring about covid progressively because people aren't patient. If you take the example of New zealand, it is one of the rare areas wherein the cases actually did go to 0. They imported a few cases and now they're at 27. It is to note that New Zealand is an island as well as mostly white.

In Canada we have the privilege of being next to the U.S. so we can never hope to go to 0 cases.
The death rate for COVID is by my estimation somewhere around 1,2% of total cases (including asymptomatic).
As the government has already doubled down on the lockdown, it is reasonable to assume that covid will not end until the introduction of the vaccine.
So nothing before April 2021. My take is that by June of 2021 we will have either finished dealing with it, or given up and finished talking about it.
Alternatively we can give up on flattening the curve and finish this in a few months time, but the actions by which this could be achieved can only be ascribed as being domestic terrorism.

As it stands, the main issue with COVID is that the disease is damaging the lungs of people who are asymptomatic, severely damaging people that it doesn't kill and has an immunity period that may be less than 4 months in length. In other words, this disease stands the change to cycle through the population over and over again tripling its mortality rate to 3% of total cases. One of the past theories for Covid was that the reason the cases in china were so bizarre is that china was actually living through its second wave in january. It would explain the vast difference in the cases experienced in China vs the West. I really do recommend you look at *how* the people were dying in china. A lot of it was through cytokine storms and sudden deaths. It was extremely common to see videos of people falling down in the streets from lack of air. We have not seen this in Canada. The second wave theory didn't really match the world we live in, but it is important to know that the mortality rate, despite being """high""", is not what is actually worrying us.
I called this in Dec (one month before you did) and my grandpa called this in Nov (one month before me). So you are wrong. and i don't need you to argue about it. Trust me. I am the grand wizard of COVID. and Expert on this topic as my title suggests.
Dec 25, 2017
462 posts
1087 upvotes
hassy wrote: I called this in Dec (one month before you did) and my grandpa called this in Nov (one month before me). So you are wrong. and i don't need you to argue about it. Trust me. I am the grand wizard of COVID. and Expert on this topic as my title suggests.
you were talking about Coronavirus in November? LOL.
Dec 25, 2017
462 posts
1087 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: This is top tier "/IAmSoSmart" material :D
You're just lost.
[OP]
Sep 25, 2019
885 posts
1943 upvotes
simsimi1004 wrote: Might be a stupid question but does this protect the wearer against covid? Actually kind of surprising healthcare doesnt have priority access to this mask if so.
Priority access is no longer needed.

Many of the industrial supply stores now have the disposable N95 masks back in-stock. Our trades people need these items to protect themselves so that they not end up at the hospital. The supply chain has now been restored.

One of our trades was able to buy the disposable N95 masks at Home Depot. Cost was $40 for 20; bought 5 boxes.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2083 posts
5331 upvotes
Vancouver
nUseBro wrote: Anyway, I'm an expert, you are not. Don't reply.
Can't tell if you're pretending. Please reply.
Apr 16, 2019
570 posts
676 upvotes
Anyone know of a 3M dealer who sells the filters, P100 or P95 as Amazon stopped selling them to regular prime members?

I haven't seen anyone in Toronto wearing the 6800 on the street. Looks like a very good mask for a healthcare worker, as it protects the eyes too. The WHO now admits airborne transmission is possible under certain circumstances, etc.

For example: 'Given this, eye care professionals, most notably ophthalmologists, may be the first point of contact in the health care field for patients with possible COVID-19, before the onset of characteristic respiratory symptoms.'
from: https://www.canadianjournalofophthalmol ... 7/fulltext
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3980 posts
1359 upvotes
YWG
Needs to have proof which I'm not a pro.
I'd wear this bad boy to the gym.
I'm only 1/50 wearing a mask nvm mask and goggles.
Same thing at work...
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Jun 25, 2005
792 posts
467 upvotes
nUseBro wrote: I have been right about covid literally every step of the way.
Dr Fauci?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)