Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Locked: 3M Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator, 6800, Medium $175.47

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 9:03 am
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2042 posts
3196 upvotes
Onterrible
nUseBro wrote: *wall of text*
Aww man, no fair! Why no one let me know we can have troll accounts now?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1348 posts
1000 upvotes
I don’t know how you guys are getting masks from normal retail stores...3M has refused shipments to us until end of year and we’re a large 2500 person construction company. We’ve switched to these respirators w/ P100 filters now.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4120 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
nUseBro wrote: I have been right about covid literally every step of the way.
Wow, that is truly impressive. Better than any scientist or physician in Canada. When you are appointed to a federal body regarding covid, will you disclose your RFD identity?
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1674 posts
1092 upvotes
Montreal
nUseBro wrote: The death rate for COVID is by my estimation somewhere around 1,2% of total cases (including asymptomatic).
How did you come up with that number? There's a lot of debate over it.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Feb 18, 2012
909 posts
544 upvotes
Victoria
nUseBro wrote: I'm not even going to bother reading what you're posting because at this point I am an expert on the matter. You can look at my post history to see i was the first person on RFD to request coronavirus deals and was mocked for it. Similarly, today, you are being equally inane.

It should be obvious that protests are what caused the spike if you just look at
A: the graph and add a 2 week delay from the start and
B: the proportion of young vs old newly tested positive cases (youth cases moved from roughly from 18% to 35% of total)

This is the mask story all over. How could you possibly believe a mask doesn't work, and how could you possibly believe protests don't cause additional cases. Your mind has been mushed into compliance through years of continuously faulty thinking and you should be ashamed of yourself.

As for the eye story, the CDC took the time out of their day to retract and specifically go out of their way to mention it is not a significant transmission vector. Please read between the lines, for them to go out of their way and say that, it must be nearly 0 if not literally 0. A better question would be, do you have any confirmed documented cases of people getting the disease specifically through their eye membrane?

Anyway, I'm an expert, you are not. Don't reply.
Lol, biggest laugh i’ve had in awhile. I can tell you with 100% certainty that YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT.
[OP]
Sep 25, 2019
885 posts
1943 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: Anyone know of a 3M dealer who sells the filters, P100 or P95 as Amazon stopped selling them to regular prime members?

I haven't seen anyone in Toronto wearing the 6800 on the street. Looks like a very good mask for a healthcare worker, as it protects the eyes too. The WHO now admits airborne transmission is possible under certain circumstances, etc.

For example: 'Given this, eye care professionals, most notably ophthalmologists, may be the first point of contact in the health care field for patients with possible COVID-19, before the onset of characteristic respiratory symptoms.'
from: https://www.canadianjournalofophthalmol ... 7/fulltext
Seton Safety is online.
Luyuan20 wrote: I don’t know how you guys are getting masks from normal retail stores...3M has refused shipments to us until end of year and we’re a large 2500 person construction company. We’ve switched to these respirators w/ P100 filters now.
There are other brands of N95 masks too, not just 3m. Buy from other brands.
Feb 10, 2008
93 posts
124 upvotes
nUseBro wrote: What the **** did you just **** say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I was designed by the top virologists in the Wuhan National Biosafety lab, and I've been involved in numerous infections on Chinese, and I have over 50 confirmed kills. I am coated in a protein shell and I'm the top pandemic in the entire country of China. You are nothing to me but just another healthy person. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my **** words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, ****. As we speak I am infecting my secret network of Chinese across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the sneeze, maggot. The sneeze that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're **** dead, kid. I can be on any doorknob, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred coughs, and that's just with my spike glycoprotein. Not only am I highly contagious, but have a transmissible incubation period of two weeks and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your **** tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit mucous all inside your lungs and you will drown in it. You're **** dead, kiddo.
Wow, someone has been practicing social distancing for a long time. Way before COVID, and not by choice if I had to guess.

Seriously though, when did covidiots start invading RFD? Isn't anything sacred anymore?
Jun 5, 2008
679 posts
409 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Wait when did this climb to 200 pesos?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9010 posts
2279 upvotes
Mont-Royal
MexiCanuck wrote: From the product description...

As much as I would like to “suit up” before I go to work, I suspect I might increase my risk, rather than decrease it, by trying to use this.
by misuse is for people who dpnt put refills for your information. thats why they die lol
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3402 posts
3751 upvotes
Montreal
HelloNanaimo wrote: Can you tell me when this is going to be over, Houdini?
Houdini ≠ Nostradamus
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1778 posts
7201 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Hmmmm..
Images
  • upload.jpg
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2625 posts
1542 upvotes
Ontario
Wont have to worry about your glasses fogging up ;)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
sparkaction wrote: Covid can enter your body through your eyes but can the situation result in a high enough viral load to become infected. If your walking by someone who is infected and wearing a regular mask, I doubt you’ll get Covid. This mask is overkill unless someone coughs or sneezes into your face.
Bold part is not the only way that you can pick up covid 19 and there's still possibility in this scenario that you can catch it. All these infections were not from asymptomatics, or symptomatic, just coughing and sneezing directly in people's faces.

Just like how WHO and CDC health guidelines are changing because what we know of the current form of the virus is changing every day, including modes of transmission, best to take every precaution. Better yet, the best form of protection is just to stay away as long as you can. Think of it as a form of war of attrition.
Last edited by radeonboy on Jul 16th, 2020 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 12, 2013
492 posts
353 upvotes
I don't think I have ever seen such rampant narcissism before in my life.

The self proclaimed expert is mind bogglingly ignorant.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1776 posts
664 upvotes
ON
simsimi1004 wrote: Might be a stupid question but does this protect the wearer against covid? Actually kind of surprising healthcare doesnt have priority access to this mask if so.
iMarketing wrote: I haven't seen anyone in Toronto wearing the 6800 on the street. Looks like a very good mask for a healthcare worker, as it protects the eyes too. The WHO now admits airborne transmission is possible under certain circumstances, etc.
These aren't really suitable for COVID (well, you could say anything is better than nothing) as they don't filter the air you exhale. Thus it doesn't protect the patients.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11832 posts
2654 upvotes
We don't know yet and may never know. However pre-print study concluded that ACE2 presents in conjunctival tissue, and pink-eye is one of the symptoms of COVID-19. Current consensus says eye is still a pathway of SARS-CoV2 infection but for general public, wear a good quality reusable mask (or better) is effective and practical.
nUseBro wrote: I own one of these, covid doesnt spread through eyecontact, so the mouth/nose (half mask) only version is good enough.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Jan 1, 2018
623 posts
792 upvotes
you have to ensure that you are fit-tested before using this or it may in fact provide you with little to no protection (as the seal may not present - allowing contaminants such as viruses to enter your breathing zone without becoming filtered)

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/safety-cent ... t-testing/

Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1813 posts
775 upvotes
Oakville
This mask will lower your risk more than a n95 because people will for sure socially distance from you min 10 feet.
Oct 29, 2007
640 posts
88 upvotes
do this and the filter have an expiry period?
Oct 29, 2007
640 posts
88 upvotes
does this help to survive from fire smoke?