Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Locked: 3M Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator, 6800, Medium $175.47

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 9:03 am
Jan 25, 2016
965 posts
1598 upvotes
Toronto
nUseBro wrote: My main criticism is that as it currently stands we have not flattened the curve, rather, we have decided (try) to prevent the curve from forming in the first place. This means there will never be herd immunity for covid. Literally never. In other words, people will have to wait for the vaccine to come out for this to be over. People will stop caring about covid progressively because people aren't patient. If you take the example of New zealand, it is one of the rare areas wherein the cases actually did go to 0. They imported a few cases and now they're at 27. It is to note that New Zealand is an island as well as mostly white.

In Canada we have the privilege of being next to the U.S. so we can never hope to go to 0 cases.
The death rate for COVID is by my estimation somewhere around 1,2% of total cases (including asymptomatic).
As the government has already doubled down on the lockdown, it is reasonable to assume that covid will not end until the introduction of the vaccine.
So nothing before April 2021. My take is that by June of 2021 we will have either finished dealing with it, or given up and finished talking about it.
Alternatively we can give up on flattening the curve and finish this in a few months time, but the actions by which this could be achieved can only be ascribed as being domestic terrorism.

As it stands, the main issue with COVID is that the disease is damaging the lungs of people who are asymptomatic, severely damaging people that it doesn't kill and has an immunity period that may be less than 4 months in length. In other words, this disease stands the change to cycle through the population over and over again tripling its mortality rate to 3% of total cases. One of the past theories for Covid was that the reason the cases in china were so bizarre is that china was actually living through its second wave in january. It would explain the vast difference in the cases experienced in China vs the West. I really do recommend you look at *how* the people were dying in china. A lot of it was through cytokine storms and sudden deaths. It was extremely common to see videos of people falling down in the streets from lack of air. We have not seen this in Canada. The second wave theory didn't really match the world we live in, but it is important to know that the mortality rate, despite being """high""", is not what is actually worrying us.
Your reply is like a Donald Trump Tweet - Incoherent drivel. Carry on, Karen.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7524 posts
8281 upvotes
Vancouver
This mask, like other masks with 'exhaust valves', does not filter what is coming out of your mouth - it's intake air filter only. These masks are not highly effective at preventing you from giving Covid to someone else - a big part of the reason for wearing a mask.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5974 posts
1622 upvotes
Milton
off topic, where's the best place to purchase legitimate surgical masks?
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1735 posts
253 upvotes
Winnipeg
andyhejob wrote: do this and the filter have an expiry period?
Seals can eventually go.
Without use, regular cartridge filters, not really. For VOC filter, carbon will adsorb things from the environment and lose effectiveness, rendering it useless eventually (VOC aspect).
andyhejob wrote: does this help to survive from fire smoke?
I hesitate for how you might use this. Yes, the appropriate filter will filter particulate and gases allowing less irritation on inhalation.
If you followed the exact same steps, with and without the respirator, it could be beneficial.
You would need to be able to slip it on immediately like second nature or waste precious time and have a worse outcome.
You should not run around in the fire because you have the respirator.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2499 posts
1305 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I wouldn't really call this a hot price.
I bought one from Amazon in early April (get the time machine ready!) for $30 less.

Filters are not easy to come by.
I lucked out when Amazon had 2297s available for purchase for a short while at the beginning of June.
Only other option is the scalpers or foreign-sourced (possibly fake) ones.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2499 posts
1305 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
andyhejob wrote: do this and the filter have an expiry period?
Filters do, yes.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2499 posts
1305 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
iMarketing wrote: Anyone know of a 3M dealer who sells the filters, P100 or P95 as Amazon stopped selling them to regular prime members?

I haven't seen anyone in Toronto wearing the 6800 on the street. Looks like a very good mask for a healthcare worker, as it protects the eyes too. The WHO now admits airborne transmission is possible under certain circumstances, etc.

For example: 'Given this, eye care professionals, most notably ophthalmologists, may be the first point of contact in the health care field for patients with possible COVID-19, before the onset of characteristic respiratory symptoms.'
from: https://www.canadianjournalofophthalmol ... 7/fulltext
I have (in situations I'd consider to be more risky..).
Nobody bats an eye.
That's the world we live in now.
This space for rent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)