Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Amazon Canada] 3M Littmann Stethoscopes (Classic III, Cardiology IV and Master Cardiology) starting from $74.10

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2018 8:03 pm
Feb 11, 2015
83 posts
52 upvotes
Winnipeg
Raident wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 10:02 pm
TIL that there are a LOT of doctors on RFD.
only doctors uses a stethoscope? say whaaaaat?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2186 posts
403 upvotes
When they coming out with a heated stethoscope? Those things are always so chilly! Brrr!!!
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
Feb 18, 2012
363 posts
108 upvotes
Victoria
shannn wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 9:54 pm
The cardiology master is a bit better than the III. Makes my life easier as it makes intubation and auscultation in a noisy environment so much easier. I've definitely picked up more murmurs and bruits with this as well, which has changed my management in a lot of cases. But I'm sure if I took more time listening with the III, the difference would be negligible.

If your tubing cracked and is still under warranty, you can send it in to 3M and they will replace the tubing for you for like $5 or so. My tubing also cracked, so I just gave my stethoscope to my kiddo as a toy as it was out of warranty (although I'm sure it still would have been pretty cheap to send in for repair).
Lol, glad your not my doctor if you need a stethoscope to intubate.
Aug 8, 2008
397 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
Good price.*

Would recommend Cardiology IV for versatility compared to Master Cardiology (dedicated bell) but don't use either enough to tell the difference.

I think you can register your stethoscope on the Littmann website to extend your warranty to 7 years or so.

*To be honest, there is such a huge mark-up of these items that it realistically should only be worth $30-50 max.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
1837 posts
320 upvotes
Montreal
Horsey2345 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 11:37 pm
Lol, glad your not my doctor if you need a stethoscope to intubate.
Idk if you're being sarcastic or not, but i'll just take my naive side and say that you kinda need to auscultate post intubation for at least a bilateral air entry prior arrival of portable CXR for final confirmation and readjustment of the ETT.

As for the warranty, my Classic III is currently serving me well. I bought in 2015, and i cracked the tubing badly after 3 years of wearing it over my neck. I also chipped a part of the small bell. Contacted 3M, paid 15$ to have it shipped, and they cleaned, changed my tubing, changed my small bell plastic piece, oiled it, and resent it to me. It's literally brand new now. 3M warranty is amazing, and for Classic III, it's 5 years warranty.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1934 posts
2114 upvotes
Langley, BC
These are great for listening to noises in the colon and screaming into.
Feb 18, 2012
363 posts
108 upvotes
Victoria
Yragorn wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 11:49 pm
Idk if you're being sarcastic or not, but i'll just take my naive side and say that you kinda need to auscultate post intubation for at least a bilateral air entry prior arrival of portable CXR for final confirmation and readjustment of the ETT.

As for the warranty, my Classic III is currently serving me well. I bought in 2015, and i cracked the tubing badly after 3 years of wearing it over my neck. I also chipped a part of the small bell. Contacted 3M, paid 15$ to have it shipped, and they cleaned, changed my tubing, changed my small bell plastic piece, oiled it, and resent it to me. It's literally brand new now. 3M warranty is amazing, and for Classic III, it's 5 years warranty.
Intubation and auscultation are 2 different things, and there are multiple other ways to confirm placement.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7992 posts
1780 upvotes
Raident wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 10:02 pm
TIL that there are a LOT of doctors on RFD.
WTF are doctors doing here, I thought RFD was for cheapskates like me.
BTW Docs how is this deal and reliability. Don't want to get blood pressure getting wrong readings.
I keep hearing the most accurate ones are the manual ones. Do these have to be calibrated every once in a while?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073HF ... EEQB&psc=1
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1193 posts
1269 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks OP! I'm not a doctor, but wearing this will surely impress the ladies and homies at the club.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7558 posts
375 upvotes
Canada
Horsey2345 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 11:58 pm
Intubation and auscultation are 2 different things, and there are multiple other ways to confirm placement.
I guess I’m just dumb then, but when you intubating someone during transport on the back of an ambulance, sometimes your stethoscope is one of the best tools to confirm placement and for reassessment of placement...and with road noise and weather noise, sometimes the improved ability to auscultate those breath sounds becomes important...

But, hey, maybe I’m just not as skilled and advanced as you are in your practice...fortunately all my patients have survived during these instances!!!
He died for me, I live for him
Nov 2, 2016
39 posts
4 upvotes
Horsey2345 wrote:
That's like saying direct laryngoscopy is different than intubation. They're 2 different things but related. And there is likely no easier and more definitive way to confirm placement than with auscultation .
[OP]
Apr 12, 2008
246 posts
56 upvotes
lecture3waves wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 11:25 pm
My cardiology III also broke after an honourable life and I have been using a Classic in the meantime too. Not sure what your experience has been with the Classic but I find it severely lacking. I've used the Master Cardiology and while it is good you cannot expect to use it effectively on small adults or pediatric patients (the diaphragm is even larger than the adult diaphragm on the Cardiology series). I deal with all ages so I sprang for the Cardiology IV. Presumably the Cardiology IV will be similar to the Cardiology III, which I find otherwise comparable to the Master Cardiology. I wouldn't go for the Classic, III or otherwise, unless you don't really need to do a proper exam.

Thank you OP, and feel free to update your post with the Cardiology IV on sale for $160 and up: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LZW1T23/ref ... =UTF8&th=1
Thanks! Updated the post!
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
1941 posts
645 upvotes
Horsey2345 wrote:
You're just wrong, man.
Dec 22, 2017
121 posts
71 upvotes
These are great for listening to your neighbours through the wall.
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
164 upvotes
zeon64 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 9:28 pm
Thanks picked up a master to have in the Lexus glove box. Twice in the past month I've ran into patients not feeling well at the grocery store. Be great to have one in the car for these odd visits as I generally don't keep a medical bag in the car.
Mine is for the Mercedes glove box. My second Mercedes.