Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

3M Precise Mouse Pad $6.99 (Add-on Item)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 8:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1473 posts
1642 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] 3M Precise Mouse Pad $6.99 (Add-on Item)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0017D5Z40/

This is a great mouse pad. It is often on sale, but just in case someone missed it.

It is an add-on item.
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 28th, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
14 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
930 upvotes
NOYFB
Very interesting that it claims to save battery power. How effective is it?
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Sep 4, 2014
667 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Terabithia wrote: Very interesting that it claims to save battery power. How effective is it?
"Battery saving design extends battery life of wireless mice up to 50%" Maybe?
Jul 11, 2009
737 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
I bought 3 of these back in June at this price (me, wife & kid for work/school @ home). They work great, smooth and accurate. But not sure if this is "hot" though. I mean, its $7 for a like a piece of plastic, and i used a corded mouse so battery life doesn't matter much to me. if they were $ 3 or $4 at dollarama, that'd be hot. speaking of which, the back is kinda like a sticker. i bought a rubbery drawer liner and stuck it on and seems to stay put, and not collect dust and stuff.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2447 posts
1073 upvotes
Too bad there’s not a larger gaming size
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6117 posts
2644 upvotes
Debtario
How durable are these?

I find the greatest problem with mouse pads are the edges, tend to crack or peel, cloth pads get filthy from skin rubbing and the edges fray.

I'm still rocking a free mousepad from a job fair back in 2005, and a cloth sun microsystems one on my basement machine.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1473 posts
1642 upvotes
jojothejoker wrote: "Battery saving design extends battery life of wireless mice up to 50%" Maybe?
I think that is a gimmick. Maybe at best 20% for some specific mouse.

M1K3Z0R wrote: How durable are these?

I find the greatest problem with mouse pads are the edges, tend to crack or peel, cloth pads get filthy from skin rubbing and the edges fray.

I'm still rocking a free mousepad from a job fair back in 2005, and a cloth sun microsystems one on my basement machine.
These mouse pads wear out in a couple years of heavy use. The selling point is the smoothness against a mouse. It has a floating effect to it. Making it the best in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1509 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
Love this mouse. Gonna order a few more for WFH and Virtual School.

Note, although these are re-positionable, they really are meant to be left in one place. They have the more traditional version, but not on sale. Although I think it does go down to this price sometimes.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00L2AN9PK/ref ... CFbBN6HQGY
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2429 posts
1093 upvotes
I used this mousepad until I realized it was scratching the feet of my mouse. It does wear out over time too. Mine is “shiny” in the middle where usage is highest. I switched to the prime cables moustache felt mousepad and haven’t looked back.

I do like the fact that it’s sticky on the back so you can slap it on a laptop and bring it out to places.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4548 posts
1473 upvotes
Vancity
I bought this a few years ago. It's not much different than using the mouse on my smooth table top without a pad. I would not buy another one.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2949 posts
2785 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I bought a few of the cheap Moustache brand mousepads from 123ink.ca and they have been fabulous. They are $1.99 regular price, they have a nice thin rubbery back, they are not too thin or too thik, I find them just perfect and they last a long time. The edges are all nicely sticked all around to avoid fraying. Only drawback (for some) is the logo on the corner.
Honestly, it is pretty much identical to some Corsair expensive gaming pads I had picked up for my kids.

I bought 3 of them the first time they went on sale for $0.99. Then the next time they went down to $0.99 I bought a dozen to keep them for all my machines. I have one at work, give a few to friends also.

I've had a few of these 3M (different patterns) mouse pads over the years, and they are nice when they are new, but I find they tend to get sticky on top, and eventually wear out my mouse gliders. I would have thought that the material ones would be harsher on them, but they have proved to be a lot better.

For $2 regular price, it is hard to beat.

And if you want a Super Large one (it's "nearly" a meter long) to put your keyboard and everything on it, you can get one for $11.49 (regular price).
Jun 8, 2007
410 posts
574 upvotes
BC
I've been using this surface for the past 6 months, and I like it. It's in a fixed spot on my desk. I used to use nothing, and I like the movement action on the 3M vs my bare desk (YMMV). For $7, it's a decent stocking stuffer.