Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

4 Free Months of Amazon Music Unlimited [Prime members only, 3 months for non-Prime]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2022 12:07 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23932 posts
191248 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] 4 Free Months of Amazon Music Unlimited [Prime members only, 3 months for non-Prime]

Amazon has a 'Prime Day' deal of 4 free months of Amazon Music Unlimited. Renews at $8.99/mo for Prime members or $9.99/mo for non-Prime members, but you can cancel anytime.

https://www.amazon.ca/music/unlimited

Fine print:
This 4-month free trial offer of a monthly Amazon Music Unlimited Individual Plan is a limited time offer and is available only to new subscribers to Amazon Music Unlimited. After the promotional trial, your subscription will automatically continue at the monthly price of $9.99 ($8.99 for Prime members) plus applicable tax until you cancel. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in Canada and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

This 3-month free trial offer of a monthly Amazon Music Unlimited Individual Plan is a limited time offer and is available only to new subscribers to Amazon Music Unlimited. The 4-month free trial offer of a monthly Amazon Music Unlimited Individual Plan is a limited time offer available only to Prime members who are new subscribers to Amazon Music Unlimited. After the promotional trial, your subscription will automatically continue at the monthly price of $9.99 ($8.99 for Prime members) plus applicable tax until you cancel. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in Canada and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Last edited by toguy on Jun 22nd, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
29 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3646 posts
942 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see it listed as 4 months trial
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23932 posts
191248 upvotes
GTA
undacova wrote: I don't see it listed as 4 months trial
I didn't realize the 4 months was for Prime members only (it's 3 months otherwise) - edited title. That might explain it, or, if you already had AMU previously, you may not be eligible for this offer.
Mar 18, 2019
54 posts
68 upvotes
Doesn't work for me. When i click through, it says "start 30 day trial". I've had a 3 month trial before so maybe that's why (am a prime member, fyi).
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1011 posts
1198 upvotes
ottawa
Didn't even get 30 days trial. Prime member here
Apr 26, 2009
849 posts
628 upvotes
Calgary
In the music app, it shows 3 months for me and I’m a prime member.

For those of you that have it and other devices like Spotify and Apple Music, how does it compare?
Nov 3, 2018
55 posts
49 upvotes
It's weird. Once you hit subscribe now on the landing page where it says it's a 4 month trial, it asks for your password to confirm. The page after that states it's 30 days. I abandoned. Also Prime member.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1677 posts
979 upvotes
Rather Spotify family plan. Thanks for post though
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1500 posts
984 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
My subscription is ending on the 26th of this month.
Wanna see if I can join someone's family plan on the condition you'll continue your subscription after 4 month ends at least for another 8 months.
So $15*tax*8mo = $120+tax / 12 = $10 + tax total / month
$10+tax / 6 people = 1.66+tax = ~ $2 / month fine with me.
Jun 2, 2011
157 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Got 4 months on prime member. Then canceled right away. Trial ends in October.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23932 posts
191248 upvotes
GTA
JWL wrote: FYI - The differences between Amazon Music Prime (included with Prime membership) and Amazon Music Unlimited: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/ ... UCZM8L7W9L

Looks like the short story is: same songs in both but Unlimited has them in "HD" and Spatial Audio
Actually the songs available are indeed different - I started using the service included with my Prime membership recently and you will find some songs that are only available to AMU subscribers. This is why they say you have access to "curated playlists" as an AMP subscriber but "millions of songs" as an AMU subscriber.
Jan 17, 2018
277 posts
175 upvotes
papabernie wrote: It's weird. Once you hit subscribe now on the landing page where it says it's a 4 month trial, it asks for your password to confirm. The page after that states it's 30 days. I abandoned. Also Prime member.
Same. Also have prime membership.
Mar 10, 2010
269 posts
737 upvotes
Calgary
This is what I got back from customer service after asking why I only got a 30 day trial instead of 4 month:

Hello,

Greetings to you from Amazon.

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issue with subscribe the Amazon Music Unlimited subscription. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

On further checking, I see that this 4-month free trial offer of a monthly Amazon Music Unlimited Individual Plan is a limited time offer and is available only to new subscribers to Amazon Music Unlimited.

Since you'd already subscribe the music unlimited under your account, this is the reason four month free trial is not activated.

In this case to enjoy the four month free trial, once you get charge for the next three month please write back to us, so that we'll able to issue the refund for it by without cancelling it as an exception.

If you need any further assistance, then please do contact us via live medium so that we can able to help you further.

You can reach Amazon Customer Support:

By phone: https://www.amazon.com/clicktocall

If you prefer to chat with one of our customer service representatives, please reach out to us through the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/clicktochat

We are delighted to have you as our customer and are always here to assist you.​

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Warmest regards,
Amazon Music
Mar 10, 2010
269 posts
737 upvotes
Calgary
So if you've ever signed up for Music Unlimited, or gotten a free trial promotion before, it doesn't apply to you. Unless of course you chat with customer service, then they may off to refund you for the 3 months(ymmv)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6422 posts
4130 upvotes
Ottawa
Nhuynh555 wrote: Got 4 months on prime member. Then canceled right away. Trial ends in October.
I’m afraid of to cancel it, I got 4 months family plan for free, I will cancel it before a week.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2100 posts
2187 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: I’m afraid of to cancel it, I got 4 months family plan for free, I will cancel it before a week.
When you cancel a trial, it will always show valid until date before confirming.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6422 posts
4130 upvotes
Ottawa
eelw11 wrote: When you cancel a trial, it will always show valid until date before confirming.
Thanks ,cancellled.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Dec 16, 2009
354 posts
131 upvotes
Hamilton
Just watch out, make sure you have confirmation you cancelled. I had to argue a whole year worth of charges, didn't even know it was active. They ended up refunding it but not without a fight.