Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

4 Port USB 3.0 Sharing Switch/Hub + Free 4K HDMI Switch $17.69 total (no tax)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 4:07 pm
Mar 30, 2008
889 posts
410 upvotes
Vancouver
Angultra wrote: The HDMI Switch is $5 on AliExpress, cheapest manual switch you can buy. Only buy if you need both, there's far better out there.

For example this powered 4-port HDMI auto switcher w/ remote is $13 (goes for like $20 on aliexpress):
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YWG9231
I don't know about aliexpress these days.
Ordered half a dozen items at the end of April, none of them have even landed in NA yet. Hell, most of them haven't left the warehouse!
They are blaming covid. It takes over 3 months just to get a pickup?!
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11843 posts
9683 upvotes
Toronto
madmox wrote: I don't know about aliexpress these days.
Ordered half a dozen items at the end of April, none of them have even landed in NA yet. Hell, most of them haven't left the warehouse!
Same. Well most of my non-covid stuff arrived after some delay but my masks and thermometer from April are MIA.
Feb 19, 2009
177 posts
127 upvotes
vancouver
Dang I just bought the usb switch. Works well and actually is fairly automatic when it detects power from devices.

I have it hooked up to my work laptop and home desktop and barely ever need to push the power/switch button.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6015 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks -- was looking for a way to split my peripherals between my work laptop and my desktop.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15129 upvotes
yuprules wrote: The 1 star reviews on that USB 3.0 Switch are awful. Some of the reviews are recent: Repeating keystrokes, disconnections...
Yeah better idea to give a pass on this. HDMI switch is a super cheapo variety too. If you need something like both of these on the cheap, then maybe give it a shot but def. don't impulse buy crap like this. Keep your $20 in your pocket/account.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15129 upvotes
Welp I recently (meaning couple months ago) ordered stuff from China/HK off eBay. It just arrived--two items yesterday and one today all different sellers. More recently, I ordered a few things from Aliexpress. Let's see which one wins in total transit time. Previously (meaning prior to covid) people were pooh-poohing eBay/Orange's SpeedPak v. typical Aliexpress methods like ePacket, DHL, etc. saying the eBay/Orange method sucked by comparison. So, I guess I'll see what happens now. As a note two of the things I got from eBay were shipped with SpeedPak and one was shipped via some other method that relayed to CP in BC (I oddly got a tracking# email generating from CP and didn't even know it was this particular item until it arrived today). Only one day of difference there nonetheless.

Obviously when you buy stuff from China/HK/etc. you should not be in any huge rush to get stuff, because you're not gonna get it in a hurry most of the time.

More recent shipping experiences--it took over two weeks longer for a small padded envelope to come from California than it took for four BDs from Zavi from UK. Zavvi shipped them all individually and they did arrive on different days over a time period of a couple weeks, but the order was made about two weeks after the thing I ordered from US and all four arrived before the thing from California which was smaller and lighter weight.

Ordering from Amazon recently has been basically no delay. Can order something in the morning and have it arrive before 9pm if it's shipped & sold or fulfilled by Amazon.

Blackboxmycar...well I don't think they've yet even shipped my dashcam ordered what like 3 weeks ago now? :lol:
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Jul 8th, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1889 posts
792 upvotes
Ottawa
If you use certain shippers that it can default to your stuff will end u in limbo (yanwen comes to mind). Selecting the standard Aliexpress shipping seems to get stuff here faster and is sometimes only marginally more.
Mar 12, 2011
76 posts
44 upvotes
Burnaby
Looks like it's dead :(
Order Summary
Items (2): CDN$ 32.68
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00

Total before tax: CDN$ 32.68
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 0.00
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 32.68
Jul 28, 2019
75 posts
86 upvotes
Looks like it’s dead. It dose not show any discount on the place order page
Oct 14, 2012
417 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of any reputable brands that creates these switches? I know Belkin used to make them back in the ps/2 VGA days. I have the HDMI switcher and it's super flimsy/hollow/poorly built imo. I'm wondering where to get better quality products.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11843 posts
9683 upvotes
Toronto
surrealillusion wrote: If you use certain shippers that it can default to your stuff will end u in limbo (yanwen comes to mind). Selecting the standard Aliexpress shipping seems to get stuff here faster and is sometimes only marginally more.
AliExpress standard has been broken since March, sometimes taking 2+ months or not arriving at all (before was 2-3 weeks). They know it too, can only file a dispute after 3 months. I'd still take it over Yanwen, just don't expect it to arrive within 15-30 days.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3127 posts
2961 upvotes
Antarctica
CoastalWaves wrote: Anyone know of any reputable brands that creates these switches? I know Belkin used to make them back in the ps/2 VGA days. I have the HDMI switcher and it's super flimsy/hollow/poorly built imo. I'm wondering where to get better quality products.
Apart from the build quality, how is the functionality? Is it reliable? I might keep it if it is reliable since I can just bind it to one corner and forget about it.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2380 posts
1593 upvotes
Kitchener
Looks like its getting cancelled. Anyone else?

Hello,

We're very sorry to inform you that we won't be able to fulfill one or more items from the following order(s) due to a technical error. We have canceled items from the Order(s) listed below:

702-829365-xxxxx
B081V977MX

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

We value your business and hope that we’ll see you again at Amazon.ca.
Oct 14, 2012
417 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Crichtonfan wrote: Apart from the build quality, how is the functionality? Is it reliable? I might keep it if it is reliable since I can just bind it to one corner and forget about it.
It works the way it's supposed to work. You do need to click the button to switch between HDMI outputs though so you might not be able to forget about it.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1889 posts
792 upvotes
Ottawa
Angultra wrote: AliExpress standard has been broken since March, sometimes taking 2+ months or not arriving at all (before was 2-3 weeks). They know it too, can only file a dispute after 3 months. I'd still take it over Yanwen, just don't expect it to arrive within 15-30 days.
I just recently ordered some USB HDMI capture dongles and had them shipped via Ali Standard shipping, ordered on the 9th of June arrived on the 30th. It may still be hit and miss, but based on the other packages I've ordered that have also gone out via Ali standard it looks like shipments are finally starting to leave the country so turn around times may be improving.
May 9, 2015
359 posts
149 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
keyser-soze wrote: Looks like its getting cancelled. Anyone else?

Hello,

We're very sorry to inform you that we won't be able to fulfill one or more items from the following order(s) due to a technical error. We have canceled items from the Order(s) listed below:

702-829365-xxxxx
B081V977MX

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

We value your business and hope that we’ll see you again at Amazon.ca.
Yeah. But my order still has the HDMI switch, seems like that will be coming for free. Since the discount for it is still applied, but the switch should still deliver.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1337 posts
1742 upvotes
Montreal
cy wrote: Amazing find! I needed a hdmi switch but wouldn't mind a usb switch in case mine breaks.

I miss my Dell U3415 where it has built-in KVM + HDMI switch!

Yup.
I have a Dell U3415 and had no idea it had this functionality! So I ordered the USB switch in this deal. Oh well.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1014 posts
1271 upvotes
Ontario
xhalo21 wrote: Still works, it's right above the ask a question.
Definitely didn't need this but as said before future use lol
Not there anymore. Deal is dead. Disappointed FaceDisappointed FaceDisappointed FaceDisappointed Face
This would've been nice, the pair would basically serve as a KVM switch... getting tired of unplugging my mouse, keyboard, monitor after work every night and replugging it every morning...
...But also too cheap to spend $70+ on a device that essentially just does that for you.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6015 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Just realized this thing doesn't come with a micro usb cord (which is used to power it) when I opened it up.

Not a major deal breaker because I'm sure we've all got plenty of them laying around with power bricks, but just as a heads up for folks.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1971 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else notice lag with the KVM?
I have a wired keyboard and wireless mouse. The mouse is definitely lagging. Not all the time but Intermittently. Borderline annoying.
Otherwise, the KVM switching between my work and personal equipment is good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)