Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca Prime Day

4 types of Bonsai tree kit - $23.99 - Early Prime

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2022 8:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1603 posts
2748 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] [Prime Day] 4 types of Bonsai tree kit - $23.99 - Early Prime

I saw this thread for Lego and it mentioned a Lego Bonzai tree:
amazon-ca-assorted-lego-deals-including ... 9-2570901/

I thought, what an abomination. "paved paradise put up a parking lot".
Just get the real thing then searched to see how much they were.

I found this kit and figured it was a good Christmas gift. Maybe you do as well.
Lots of other kits out there too. Also bought a trimming kit for $25.

description:
"Nature's Blossom Bonsai Tree Kit, Grow 4 Types of Bonsai Trees from Seed, Indoor / Outdoor Gardening Starter Set with Tree Seeds, Soil, Pots, Labels, Growing Guide"
Last edited by podric on Oct 11th, 2022 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
Have you tried this? What is seed germination rate?

I have 6 seeds atm that wont germinate and its been cold satrfied for 2 months before planting. I am about to give up on these seeds and dont want to waste another 3 months prepping for seeds that wont germinate.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1603 posts
2748 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Have you tried this? What is seed germination rate?

I have 6 seeds atm that wont germinate and its been cold satrfied for 2 months before planting. I am about to give up on these seeds and dont want to waste another 3 months prepping for seeds that wont germinate.
Wish I could help. There has to be a forum on this type of thing. I will be sure to learn from your mistake and advise to do one seed at a time.
When I had a dead seeds with the Aerogarden I was sent new ones.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1603 posts
2748 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Have you tried this? What is seed germination rate?

Wish I could help. There has to be a forum on this type of thing. I will be sure to learn from your mistake and advise to do one seed at a time.
When I had a dead seeds with the Aerogarden I was sent new ones.
Aug 26, 2010
291 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
I would love to start a new hobby but I know nothing about plants or bonsai trees. Are these kits beginner friendly and are bonsai trees easy to care for?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2975 posts
2622 upvotes
I grow bonsais and there is no such thing as bonsai seeds. Bonsai is a technique, not a seed or tree size.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1603 posts
2748 upvotes
xblackdemonx wrote: I grow bonsais and there is no such thing as bonsai seeds. Bonsai is a technique, not a seed or tree size.
I think the Japanese warriors and Kamikaze were trained by trying to raise bonsai trees.

The perfection of the bonsai was so frustrating it drove them into a bloodrage on the battle field and resulting in the war cry "bonsaiiiii!!!!!!"

seriously, it is something that takes patience from what I have read.
Jan 11, 2009
470 posts
832 upvotes
Mississauga
I only invest in Lego Bonsai trees.
Feb 11, 2019
184 posts
537 upvotes
Yeah I'm sorry, but this is just bad marketing. Soil disks and pots are worth 2$ on the worth day and the seeds in those kits are generally old and are just tree seeds.

The value of this kit is maybe 3$ + whatever you think the booklet is worth
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2975 posts
2622 upvotes
thekottik wrote: Yeah I'm sorry, but this is just bad marketing. Soil disks and pots are worth 2$ on the worth day and the seeds in those kits are generally old and are just tree seeds.

The value of this kit is maybe 3$ + whatever you think the booklet is worth
This. 100%
Even at 23.99$ this is a rip off.
Oct 31, 2014
506 posts
467 upvotes
Victoria, BC
This will produce seedlings, not bonsai anything like in the pictures. IMO this is a pretty unethical product just preying on peoples ignorance.
You'll never get anything that looks like the trees in the pictures with this kit, you need to grow the trees in a bigger container or in the ground for years to get them to caliper up, you're far better off finding something more established at a garden centre or in the bush, on in an old garden someone is tearing out and using that as a foundation to start with.
Oct 28, 2012
967 posts
165 upvotes
EDMONTON
If there such as thing as cherry blossom bonsai? Would love to have a miniture cherry blossom
Jun 28, 2021
502 posts
683 upvotes
Just to be clear, "bonsai trees" are just regular trees (or other plants) that have been grown in unnatural conditions to give them a specific look. The conditions and care are the key.

If you wanted to replicate what this kit will give you, just go out and collect some acorns or other tree seeds then stick them in a pot. You'll end up with pretty much the same result, which is an unhappy and scraggly seeding.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
podric wrote: I saw this thread for Lego and it mentioned a Lego Bonzai tree:
amazon-ca-assorted-lego-deals-including ... 9-2570901/

I thought, what an abomination. "paved paradise put up a parking lot".
Just get the real thing then searched to see how much they were.
When I saw this thread and then the product, I thought, what an abomination.

Just get the fake Lego bonsai.
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Jul 1, 2015
265 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You have to hire a bonsai master to maintain your bonsai. They ain’t cheap.