Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$40 UMI AV-500, Toroidal Isolation Transformer (prime required?)

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2022 3:20 pm
Jul 30, 2011
626 posts
915 upvotes
Durham region

[Amazon.ca] $40 UMI AV-500, Toroidal Isolation Transformer (prime required?)

I purchased one of these isolation transformers because I was having trouble with an AFCI breaker. It turned out to be unhelpful in that regard but I presume it still functions well for it's intended purpose as listed below.

Original price $150 --> Prime Price $100 --> less $60 Coupon Clip = $40.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07594SC84

1.Toroidal Isolation Transformer: High efficiency, Low magnetic leakage, Low noise, a grounded Faraday Shielding between windings greatly reduced the coupling of common-mode noise;
2.Power Purification: Isolation transformer provide galvanic isolation and are used to protect against electric shock, to suppress electrical noise in sensitive devices, while, Filtering technology reducing AC line noise, providing clean and safe power for high-performance audio and video.
3.Surge-Pro: A soft start circuit is built inside to prevent an inrush current at the starting moment. Home circuit breaker not trip off at the starting moment;
4.Modern Compact design: AV-500, with 500VA rated power, Slim design, light weight, only 17.5*22*6cm(6"*8.46"*2") 4.7kg(10.34Lb),make it easy to integrate into a wide range of applications: a home theater setup, projector, HIFI desktop Audio, HD STB where pure and clean power is needed;
5.Safety: 3 year warranty, US standard 3.3-ft cord, Insulated ABS plastic shell, Fuse Protection, Short Circuit Protection, 2 outlets, can use 2 equipments simultaneously, LED displaying the output voltage, CE & CQC Certified!
Last edited by incongruent on May 12th, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
May 22, 2004
749 posts
502 upvotes
Montreal
And it's gone.

Would something like this be useful for powering a portable AC that flickers the lights in the house when the compressor kicks on?

edit: 500w isn't enough.
Feb 13, 2007
237 posts
188 upvotes
I was expecting Transformers Optimus Prime

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)