Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] 45W Garage Ceiling Light LED Foldable Fan Blade Bulb Suitable for E27/E26 Lamp $18

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 1:58 pm
[OP]
Jul 20, 2011
161 posts
193 upvotes
NORTH YORK

[Amazon.ca] 45W Garage Ceiling Light LED Foldable Fan Blade Bulb Suitable for E27/E26 Lamp $18

I bought this LED light last December at $25, it is bright and nice. I need another one and checked at amazon, it's at $17.99. bought 2 for free shipping.
according to CCC it's $1 more than the lowest price.
Thread Summary
Guys! Not sure if you realize that the description in the OP's link is contradictory. In some places it says 4500 lumens and in other places it says 5500 lumens. Then if you scroll down on this page, you'll see it refer to 3 other models with 6000 lumens for the same price.

In all likelihood, the lumen measurement is total BS. You can assume that it exceeds 4000 lumens, but they know that no one can easily measure the lumens coming from any lamp they purchase. None of the bulbs are certified by any authority.
102 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13833 posts
14348 upvotes
Oakville
linuxfan wrote: I bought this LED light last December at $25, it is bright and nice. I need another one and checked at amazon, it's at $17.99. bought 2 for free shipping.
according to CCC it's $1 more than the lowest price.
I've had some LED lights that seem to interfere with the garage remote reception. Any problems with this one?
[OP]
Jul 20, 2011
161 posts
193 upvotes
NORTH YORK
engineered wrote: I've had some LED lights that seem to interfere with the garage remote reception. Any problems with this one?
I worried before, but so far this LED light has no interference to my chamberlain garage door opener.
Last edited by linuxfan on Apr 9th, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1029 posts
2659 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Seem like a nice bright light for the garage.

I find the picture comical though for a few reasons, namely:
  • Who calls their living and dining room a restaurant?
  • How do you get to that bed in the room above the studio?

garage light.jpg
Oct 27, 2009
376 posts
241 upvotes
Hamilton
blyndfyre wrote:
[*] How do you get to that bed in the room above the studio?
[/list]

garage light.jpg
This amazing fixture also doubles as a propeller, just attach a propane bottle and hang on tight
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3307 posts
580 upvotes
Newbury, ON
firecom3 wrote: I got only 2 lights in the garage. I thought I was living fine until I got these Your text to link here...

Just so @#$&*%?! bright now
6000LM vs 4500LM for the other ones, but it folds the opposite way.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3254 posts
1590 upvotes
These style of lights are very bright, but if they are coming from ebay or third-party amazon sellers, they most likely are not CSA or UL certified (even if they state that they are) so in the event that they cause a fire, it's possible that your insurance provider could deny coverage. Also, I purchased a slightly similar design that was described as having an aluminum housing. When they arrived, they were made of a plastic housing and damaged. I am still able to use them in my garage, but I'm undecided yet if they will be in there for the long term. I flip the circuit breaker off when I'm not using the garage right now just to be a little more cautious. I've been curious too why these are not being sold locally? Even at an extra 30-40% premium, I would strongly consider them if I were assured that they are safe to use.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40655 posts
6217 upvotes
Thanks OP. I wonder if they do not interfere with the MyQ Chamberlain system?
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 15, 2011
40655 posts
6217 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: These style of lights are very bright, but if they are coming from ebay or third-party amazon sellers, they most likely are not CSA or UL certified (even if they state that they are) so in the event that they cause a fire, it's possible that your insurance provider could deny coverage. Also, I purchased a slightly similar design that was described as having an aluminum housing. When they arrived, they were made of a plastic housing and damaged. I am still able to use them in my garage, but I'm undecided yet if they will be in there for the long term. I flip the circuit breaker off when I'm not using the garage right now just to be a little more cautious. I've been curious too why these are not being sold locally? Even at an extra 30-40% premium, I would strongly consider them if I were assured that they are safe to use.
+1. Valid point and I think I will avoid this purchase.
SizzleChest wrote: That's the style that I have in reference to post #11.

So this is a legit one? http://www.amazon.ca/gp/redirect.html?i ... ive=330641
Proud to be an Indian.