Winnipeg

[Amazon.ca] 4K HDR Dark Knight Trilogy Collection $54.99

30 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2272 posts
905 upvotes
EDMONTON
I want to get this so bad but I know that when I do it's gonna drop $15 lower lmao. I'll probably just keep on holding out.
teksavvy sucks
Jun 13, 2005
226 posts
76 upvotes
vancouver
I want to pick up this set but digital only - the physical disc days are gone for me I'm afraid. Vinyl is the only thing I'm still willing to stock.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3454 posts
2990 upvotes
Toronto
umadbrah wrote: I want to get this so bad but I know that when I do it's gonna drop $15 lower lmao. I'll probably just keep on holding out.
please buy it so we can all score it at $40 thx
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1397 posts
2698 upvotes
It's been as low as 34.99. I remember picking it up a while ago.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13280 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
I've watched that bank robbing joker scene 1000 Times no joke! Best opening evar in a movie imo

"whatever doesn't kill u simply Makes u.... stranger!" opens mask<joker> RIP
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1469 posts
599 upvotes
London
Kind of a bad deal considering how bad the transfer is for Batman Begins it's so soft there's no point in it being in 4K... even The Dark Knight doesn't look that great aside from the IMAX scenes. I bought The Dark Knight on its own and I still felt kinda ripped off. The sound is good but no Atmos or DTS X track.
Dec 28, 2006
910 posts
410 upvotes
I remember any time someone would buy a new tv, they would show TDK bank robbery scene just to show it off.
I would too. Best display test.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8874 posts
3215 upvotes
I use a 4K OLED LG C9 TV and the Trilogy is one of my most recommended movies.
It is a big upgrade over the streaming or regular blu-ray format.

top-4k-uhd-hdr-blu-ray-recommendations-2329335/
mumbles wrote: Kind of a bad deal considering how bad the transfer is for Batman Begins it's so soft there's no point in it being in 4K... even The Dark Knight doesn't look that great aside from the IMAX scenes. I bought The Dark Knight on its own and I still felt kinda ripped off. The sound is good but no Atmos or DTS X track.
mikka2017 wrote: I've watched that bank robbing joker scene 1000 Times no joke! Best opening evar in a movie imo

I think this scene is overrated. I prefer The Dark Knight Rises intro.
The memes from the Bane scene ended up being hilarious. For the record, Nolan says Bane was answering CIA's statement
"You're a big guy", "FOR YOOOOUU", implying that CIA is small. It comes off as sounding awkward because it also can
be interpreted that he's saying "It would be very painful" ... for him.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Aug 18th, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13280 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
XFactor11 wrote: I use a 4K OLED LG C9 TV and the Trilogy is one of my most recommended movies.
It is a big upgrade over the streaming or regular blu-ray format.

top-4k-uhd-hdr-blu-ray-recommendations-2329335/

I think this scene is overrated. I prefer The Dark Knight Rises intro.
The memes from the Bane scene ended up being hilarious. For the record, Nolan says Bane was answering CIA's statement
"You're a big guy", "FOR YOOOOUU", implying that CIA is small. It comes off as sounding awkward because it also can
be interpreted that he's saying "It would be very painful" ... for him.

ya the dark knight rises plane intro is bad assss too but its SOOOO FAKE lol..the bank robbing scene is less fake haha
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4358 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
mumbles wrote: Kind of a bad deal considering how bad the transfer is for Batman Begins it's so soft there's no point in it being in 4K... even The Dark Knight doesn't look that great aside from the IMAX scenes. I bought The Dark Knight on its own and I still felt kinda ripped off. The sound is good but no Atmos or DTS X track.
^+1 for that. If there's no Atmos or DTS X, you can bet a second version is coming. And, as mentioned, the transfers aren't that amazing for 4K in the first place, sadly.

Good for a 4K HDR showcase if you have a killer TV like an LG OLED, but otherwise, I'd save that $50 and put it towards a better TV down the line ;) .

TCL 6 series 2020 + Blu-Ray Batman trilogy probably looks a heck of a lot better than a 2015/2016 4K TV + this set ;) .
Jan 12, 2017
268 posts
208 upvotes
One of the goat trilogies lever not a bad movie, thanks Op
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16973 posts
3190 upvotes
Toronto
jiffylube1024 wrote: ^+1 for that. If there's no Atmos or DTS X, you can bet a second version is coming. And, as mentioned, the transfers aren't that amazing for 4K in the first place, sadly.

Good for a 4K HDR showcase if you have a killer TV like an LG OLED, but otherwise, I'd save that $50 and put it towards a better TV down the line ;) .

TCL 6 series 2020 + Blu-Ray Batman trilogy probably looks a heck of a lot better than a 2015/2016 4K TV + this set ;) .
I don't think another set is coming. None Nolan's films (Inception, Dark Knight Trilogy, Dunkirk, Prestige, etc.) are Atmos or DTS:X.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4358 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
audit13 wrote: I don't think another set is coming. None Nolan's films (Inception, Dark Knight Trilogy, Dunkirk, Prestige, etc.) are Atmos or DTS:X.
There's always stuff coming down the line. They may not be imminent, but just like the 4K version took awhile, you don't think at some point they'll make a super definitive 8K remaster with Atmos and/or DTS:X?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1121 posts
301 upvotes
iTunes has the trilogy for $24 or $8 per individual movie if you don't want all three. includes the 4k version. pretty good deal if you combine with the regular 15% off iTunes credits from Costco (including right now).

I'd note that the trilogy has been as low as $15 with each movie dropping to $5 (every few months)
she may be payin for dinner, but i'll be earnin it later!
Dec 1, 2018
452 posts
421 upvotes
My favourite scene is when bane picks Batman like a turtle and the puts a knee into his back lol
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1066 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jiffylube1024 wrote: There's always stuff coming down the line. They may not be imminent, but just like the 4K version took awhile, you don't think at some point they'll make a super definitive 8K remaster with Atmos and/or DTS:X?
Maybe digital only. By the time 8k is a reality a few years from now, it is unlikely that anyone will be producing physical media (sadly). There is already a dearth of 4k titles and even some manufacturers have already pulled out of making 4k blu ray players altogether.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1791 posts
272 upvotes
North York
mikka2017 wrote: I've watched that bank robbing joker scene 1000 Times no joke! Best opening evar in a movie imo

And also the opening for Rises is epic!