Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$5.00 Credit When You Add $20.00 or More to Your "Amazon Cash" Balance

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2018 7:30 pm
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
643 posts
7053 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] $5.00 Credit When You Add $20.00 or More to Your "Amazon Cash" Balance

Amazon launched "Amazon Cash" today - a new/weird way to add money to your Amazon.ca balance. They have a launch promo where you'll get a $5.00 credit if you load $20.00 or more - https://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_ ... 7321483011

Anyways, you get a unique barcode from the "Amazon Cash" landing page and take it to a Canada Post outlet, then they can scan it and you can add money to your balance. There are no additional fees to load a balance.

I haven't tried it yet, but if it works as advertised, it seems like an easy bonus. Promo ends December 31 and the $5.00 credit must be used by January 31.
Last edited by RFDSimon on Nov 14th, 2017 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown
262 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
so this is for people who don't have credit cards i guess?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3258 posts
2116 upvotes
Montréal, QC
so basically it's a way to buy stuff on Amazon without a credit card
Dec 17, 2014
266 posts
168 upvotes
Why don't they just open up a bank already. Money and profits are simply gravitating toward them these days.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4015 posts
4406 upvotes
GTA
Wonder if Canada post will insist on taking cash only or will they accept Visa/MC/AMEX/debit as well?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
so u take the printed barcode to any CP and u pay them 20$ CASH, and u get 25$ loaded into that amazon account? i better make sure i know which account it is lol

is this for amazon.com or .ca , kinda confused...the fine print on the bar code paper says amazon.com
Last edited by mikka2017 on Nov 14th, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
643 posts
7053 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BenK wrote: so this is for people who don't have credit cards i guess?
Yeah, pretty much. The service essentially lets you buy Amazon gift cards through Canada Post and have them loaded to your account instantly
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2305 posts
2722 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
canuckistanian44 wrote: Why don't they just open up a bank already. Money and profits are simply gravitating toward them these days.
bank will require government regulation and it's a slippery slope. amazon should fringe on the borderline of a bank/payment service like what paypal does to circumvent these regulations.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
why hasn't amazon take paypal yet? boggles my mind
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9802 posts
5796 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: why hasn't amazon take paypal yet? boggles my mind
I think Amazon cc is doing quite well. It is my card of choice for travel.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10947 upvotes
Scarbs
Weird is definitely the word. Most CanPost outlets are in SDMs, which carry Amazon GCs to begin with. It might still be early in the morning for me, but I really don't see the benefit to this =/
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1237 posts
1441 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks OP.

Interesting alliance. In an indirect way, the major benefit seems to be increased foot traffic for SDM.

This is probably a pipe dream, but it would be cool if, sometime down the line, select SDM locations were to devote a small section of the store to displaying Amazon bestsellers and freshly released gear.

Dear SDM: Steal that idea after the marijuana thing. Sincerely, Me.

There are so many Amazon exclusives and innovative first run items that I'd be interested in buying, if only I could physically inspect them first in a Best Buy showroom type petting zoo.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6577 posts
9073 upvotes
Amazon will never take paypal unless ebay is not owner of paypal anymore. Amazon will never use the product from its competitor.

mikka2017 wrote: why hasn't amazon take paypal yet? boggles my mind
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6577 posts
9073 upvotes
CP must charge less management fee than credit card. In a long run, Amazon will save money from this payment processing.

For convenient, it should show the barcode directly from Amazon app instead obtaining from the text message or printing
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3214 posts
1263 upvotes
Ajax
lcmt wrote: Amazon will never take paypal unless ebay is not owner of paypal anymore. Amazon will never use the product from its competitor.
I don't think eBay owns PayPal anymore...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast
Seems like a lot of work for 5 bucks, at least for those who don't frequent the post office. Thanks for the post OP, but I won't bother with this one.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9869 posts
1912 upvotes
TO
This is very common in US where you can load up amazon.com balance at Walgreens, CVS, 7-11 and other locations. Their promos are similar load 45, get $50 or 40/$50.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3282 posts
565 upvotes
PitchyDawg wrote: This is probably a pipe dream, but it would be cool if, sometime down the line, select SDM locations were to devote a small section of the store to displaying Amazon bestsellers and freshly released gear.

Dear SDM: Steal that idea after the marijuana thing. Sincerely, Me.
I think it's going to go the other way and stores are going to stop carrying Amazon gift cards as it moves into different markets that directly compete with those stores. I'm shocked that SDM and other Loblaw storefronts still carry them, with Amazon moving further and further into groceries.

I think this Canada Post arrangement is in anticipation of a time when Amazon gift cards will be harder to find.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)