Shopping Discussion

Amazon.ca - 5 interest free payments! (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 12:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6778 posts
6679 upvotes
Vancouver

Amazon.ca - 5 interest free payments! (YMMV)

Noticed that Amazon.ca is now offering 5 interest free payments on items (similar to what TSC does).. is this new? I just noticed it this morning.
Looks like this is a trial roll out being offered to selected users.. YMMV

Terms and conditions
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/ ... =202095050

Ron.
Last edited by newfbc on Nov 18th, 2019 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1192 upvotes
Montreal
interesting, can you give a link so we can also see?
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6778 posts
6679 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote: Not seeing it here. Maybe it's just specific products? What item did you add to see that option?
I was looking at the Echo Studio.. but when I search something it appears for pretty much every item... just tried with LG OLED.

LG Electronics OLED55C9PUA C9 Series 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2019) - Black
4.6 out of 5 stars 20
Limited time deal
CDN$1,797.99 CDN$2,198.00
Or CDN$359.60/month for 5 months (no fees or interest)
FREE Delivery for Prime members
More buying choices
CDN$ 1,779.97 (4 used & new offers)

Ron.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16214 posts
31066 upvotes
Scarborough
newfbc wrote: I was looking at the Echo Studio.. but when I search something it appears for pretty much every item... just tried with LG OLED.
Nothing like that on any product page that I'm pulling up. Maybe it's targeted or they haven't rolled it out to everyone yet.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6778 posts
6679 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote: Nothing like that on any product page that I'm pulling up. Maybe it's targeted or they haven't rolled it out to everyone yet.
Looking a bit more.. it's not offered on every item.. but many.

Searching for info, looks like they rolled this out (trial) on the US site in the summer.. I guess they're doing the same here now.

Ron.
Apr 10, 2019
485 posts
989 upvotes
Ottawa
I have it on my Prime account and it's not available on my non-Prime account. Coincidence?
Oct 12, 2017
79 posts
50 upvotes
just checked and it's indeed offered on some items. If you do a search, the result shows items in which the monthly payment is available. Though it seems that there's no option (in the search result) to only show items with the monthly payment, so would not be easy to look for those items.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6627 posts
1798 upvotes
roleless wrote: What's the catch if any?
No catch that I can see. There's no credit check as they're using your credit card.
Monthly Payments

Pay for your product in monthly payments: no finance charges, no interest or hidden fees, and no credit check or application required.
How it Works
  1. Select the monthly payment option when you Add to Cart or at checkout.
  2. At checkout, your initial payment will include your first monthly payment, plus applicable taxes and shipping charges in full. We'll charge your credit card when we ship your device.
  3. The remaining balance will be automatically charged to your credit card in equal installments according to the number of payments indicated when you selected the monthly payment option, every 30 days from shipment date. By placing your order via monthly payments, you authorize us to charge your credit card or another available payment method on file with us for each monthly payment.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Feb 16, 2014
846 posts
239 upvotes
London
Yep,it's targeted.I have a very long standing prime account with all the eligibility criteria.I cannot see any item that shows this deal,even on my long wish list items:Not a single one.
Jun 21, 2016
283 posts
91 upvotes
Same. I couldn't find any item that offered payments, even the link above where another saw it, not there for me. So it doesn't appear to be available to all.
esfandiyar2002 wrote: Yep,it's targeted.I have a very long standing prime account with all the eligibility criteria.I cannot see any item that shows this deal,even on my long wish list items:Not a single one.
Feb 16, 2014
846 posts
239 upvotes
London
JustinL733617 wrote: Same. I couldn't find any item that offered payments, even the link above where another saw it, not there for me. So it doesn't appear to be available to all.
I spoke with one of the Amazon's sales manager/supervisor and he told me that this is a limited trail version that appears to a few clients,but it will be gradually expanded a bit more.They will run it and look at outcomes.If that initial results were warmly welcomed by affected clients,they will expand it,but there is no timeline or any order as to who will be targeted next.
Penalty Box
Jul 21, 2019
346 posts
653 upvotes
I see this on many, many items, even some cheap items like the Firestick for $50, you can make $10 payments for 5 months on it. It seems to be most (pretty much all that I see) Amazon products have it.
It is correct that it is not for all, as I only see this on my one personal account. I also have a business account for work and it is not available.
Feb 16, 2014
846 posts
239 upvotes
London
Just to clarify things up:
I spoke with an Amazon agent again today.Almost anyone with good standing account is now eligible for monthly payment.I have put/uploaded a screen shot of how to activate this option in your Amazon account.If you cannot see that,chat with one of the Amazon agents and ask them to send you the link for activation.Here is the link that worked for me: Amazon monthly payment activation
Images
  • Amazon monthly payment option.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4633 posts
5831 upvotes
GTA
esfandiyar2002 wrote: Just to clarify things up:
I spoke with an Amazon agent again today.Almost anyone with good standing account is now eligible for monthly payment.I have put/uploaded a screen shot of how to activate this option in your Amazon account.If you cannot see that,chat with one of the Amazon agents and ask them to send you the link for activation.Here is the link that worked for me: Amazon monthly payment activation
cool
Sep 11, 2019
6 posts
i have the monthly payments enabled, and so far a lot of the items i want don't have this option. lol
i've seen it with many amazon products, though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6495 posts
6784 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
We should try and find the cheapest item that's still eligible lol