• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 11:11 am
[OP]
Jan 28, 2021
152 posts
372 upvotes
Little Portugal

[Amazon.ca] 50% OFF, Kohree ScreenBar Monitor Lamp for $28.5 CAD

Amazon.ca has a code for Kohree ScreenBar Monitor Lamp, enter code DGMBSMSN at checkout to save 50%.
About this item
【No Screen Glare & No Flicker】Kohree screen bar features an asymmetrical optical design, which illuminates the zone of desk and keyboard to avoids reflective glare and flicker from the light shining on the screen.
【Wide Lighting Angle & Good Linear Light】Plane luminous angle up to 120° provides a wide range of lighting effects. High-quality LEDs and a well-designed body ensure consistent brightness and clarity within the lighting range.
【3 Lightning Dimming Modes】Cool Light, Warm Light and Natural Light modes are switchable due to its build-in 84 LEDs (42 Cool White LEDs, 42 Warm Color LEDs), which adapt to the different usage environment.
【9 Adjustable Brightness Levels】Each color mode supports 9 brightness levels from 20% to 100% adjusted by the dimmer. Choosing an appropriate level can avoid eyes strain or dry by using a computer for a long time.
【Good Adaptability Design】5V USB outlet can power this monitor light, included computer, phone charger or power bank. Space-saving design can fit nearly any monitor with thickness from 0.4" To 1.2" (1 to 3 cm). **Not suitable for Notebook/ monitor doesn't flat.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 9th, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: amazon seller doesn't have enough lifetime ratings
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8332 posts
1955 upvotes
edit. nvm, I didn't see the code you posted

No deal.
I see Price: $56.99
Last edited by CFRTim on Sep 9th, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Jun 24, 2019
58 posts
133 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Read the post and put in the code during checkout..... 🤦
In for 1, just the thing i was looking for :) thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21193 posts
25173 upvotes
Lamp bars are the 2021 fad that replace circle lights of the 2020s.

The true lighting solution is OLED and QLED panels, not a flashlight on your screen.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5712 posts
2933 upvotes
Winnipeg
CFRTim wrote: No deal.
I see Price: $56.99
Did you enter the promo code provided by op?
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Aug 3, 2012
418 posts
208 upvotes
AURORA
This light is normally selling for $39.99. Not really 50% off.
Dec 14, 2011
567 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
Note that for those with thin monitors, the style of clamp used by the light doesn't really work to secure the light at the top. It was super flimsy on my LG 27GL83A-B 27"
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2336 posts
1435 upvotes
GTA
Please explain why I would use this instead of LED strip at the back of my monitor?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15882 posts
7454 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: Lamp bars are the 2021 fad that replace circle lights of the 2020s.

The true lighting solution is OLED and QLED panels, not a flashlight on your screen.
Your comment doesn't make any sense at all. It's not shining a flashlight on your screen

I think you are confused about the purpose of this light
Last edited by warpdrive on Sep 9th, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1226 posts
1054 upvotes
Moncton
Akizuki wrote: Please explain why I would use this instead of LED strip at the back of my monitor?
How is an LED strip at the back of your monitor going to provide direct light for the desktop in front of your monitor?
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15882 posts
7454 upvotes
Ottawa
Akizuki wrote: Please explain why I would use this instead of LED strip at the back of my monitor?
because you need lighting in FRONT of your monitor?

image.jpg

Here is the backlight case

image.jpg
Last edited by warpdrive on Sep 9th, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2336 posts
1435 upvotes
GTA
warpdrive wrote: because you need lighting in FRONT of your monitor?
sswilson wrote: How is an LED strip at the back of your monitor going to provide direct light for the desktop in front of your monitor?
OK I assumed this is for ambient/bias lighting. After the picture I totally understand the use case of this thanks.
Oct 2, 2016
148 posts
415 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: OK I assumed this is for ambient/bias lighting. After the picture I totally understand the use case of this thanks.
You’re a bright one aren’t ya :P just teasing have a good day
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15882 posts
7454 upvotes
Ottawa
Akizuki wrote: OK I assumed this is for ambient/bias lighting. After the picture I totally understand the use case of this thanks.
I added a picture of my own rear backlight for bias lighting above. This kind of light is supposed to illuminate everything in front of the screen EXCEPT the screen.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Apr 5, 2018
286 posts
270 upvotes
This really helped me when working long hours. I got a different brand in an older deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21193 posts
25173 upvotes
Does no one have lights in their room?

How many basement dwellers do we have on RFD.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15882 posts
7454 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: Does no one have lights in their room?

How many basement dwellers do we have on RFD.
This kind of light is considered a Task light. As opposed to a Ambient Light or Accent Light.

you don't want to illuminate an entire room when you just need want light for a specific task in a specific area on your desk.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21193 posts
25173 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: This kind of light is considered a Task light. As opposed to a Ambient Light or Accent Light.

you don't want to illuminate an entire room when you just need want light for a specific task in a specific area on your desk.
Maybe I've lived in offices too long, but I want the light of a thousand suns illuminating my workspace.

I'm not 13 anymore, working on homework from my desk.