Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$55 No Tax - RK71 RGB Wireless/Wired 70% Mechanical Keyboard, Red/Blue Switches

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2021 1:49 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC

[Amazon.ca] $55 No Tax - RK71 RGB Wireless/Wired 70% Mechanical Keyboard, Red/Blue Switches

Seems like a good deal for wireless and RGB.

Edit: It's TTC Reds for the Red switches.

DON'T FLASH THE NEW FIRMWARE

Maybe don't flash the recommended firmware update. My board is working fine, but pretty dim compared to previous.

When connecting your KB to the computer, only using the cable that came with it works to change settings in the software.
Last edited by Nikhilvoid on Mar 24th, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
Looking for a new keyboard? RFD Reviews has a list of the best gaming keyboards!
30 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2368 posts
937 upvotes
Ottawa
Which brings the price down to....$55....like OP said...
Jun 17, 2003
803 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
Every time I find myself worried that I'm an incorrigible geek+nerd, I stumble on you mechanical keyboard guys and think "oh, well, at least I'm not that nerdy" Winking Face

Seriously, though, upvote for you, seems like a good deal.
Dec 27, 2004
491 posts
374 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: This was $40.99 a week ago (red, brown & blue switches)...
That wasn't the RGB model.
Don't care for RGB but apparently their software only works on this model.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4938 upvotes
Southern Ontario
rvs007 wrote: This was $40.99 a week ago (red, brown & blue switches)...
Seems like we should wait for another sale then. I like the backlighting, sometimes I struggle to see my keyboard at night (even though I can type). The absence of the number section on the right is a definite negative for me though. I'm so used to rattling off numbers on my Asus keyboard that this would slow me down.

I don't have this particular model, but it has the number section that I like... I don't have to look at this point and can type numbers quickly with this setup:
Last edited by Gibsons on Mar 23rd, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
steen wrote: That wasn't the RGB model.
ah, good catch... yes I wouldn't care for the RGB either... so I would be happy with the simple backlit model for $14 cheaper.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
I might have paid a small premium for this RGB version but if it’s anything like the non RGB kb I’ll pass since the lights turn off after idling for just a minute. I love the keyboard and that’s my only complaint.
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
FalconR wrote: I might have paid a small premium for this RGB version but if it’s anything like the non RGB kb I’ll pass since the lights turn off after idling for just a minute. I love the keyboard and that’s my only complaint.
It's a battery saving feature
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
Hmm.. tempting. $14 for full RGB. to bad I couldn't get used to the 70% layout. I use my function keys too much. If only the RK987 RGB went on sale. i'm enjoying my time with the RK987 with red switches right now.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2019
1203 posts
878 upvotes
Ontario
mr_yellow wrote: Hmm.. tempting. $14 for full RGB. to bad I couldn't get used to the 70% layout. I use my function keys too much. If only the RK987 RGB went on sale. i'm enjoying my time with the RK987 with red switches right now.
#14 for full RGB?

When was that? I missed it I guessDisappointed But Relieved FacePersevering Face
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
BC
steen wrote: That wasn't the RGB model.
still has RGB to the side though...
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Darshan7 wrote: #14 for full RGB?

When was that? I missed it I guessDisappointed But Relieved FacePersevering Face
They're saying this deal is $14 extra for rgb, over the white/ blue led deal for $41. It's a good idea to get full rgb for just $14 more.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
Darshan7 wrote: #14 for full RGB?

Oh the single blue backlight version was $41 a few days ago (though the side light was still full RGB)...
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
mr_yellow wrote: Hmm.. tempting. $14 for full RGB. to bad I couldn't get used to the 70% layout. I use my function keys too much. If only the RK987 RGB went on sale. i'm enjoying my time with the RK987 with red switches right now.
I got this to compare how it fares against the TKL layout. The white led on white keys looks very clean, and these red RK keys are very decent. I thought they were Cherry Reds at first
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
Didn't think I was an RGB person but I recently went from a kb with just blue lighting to one with RGB, looks so mesmerizing on a white kb.

Wish this came in white with brown switches.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
peakingduck wrote: Didn't think I was an RGB person but I recently went from a kb with just blue lighting to one with RGB, looks so mesmerizing on a white kb.

Wish this came in white with brown switches.
There's a white rgb version for these but $95 right now for all types. One was $75 a week ago.

You can just get white pbt keycaps too
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: It's a battery saving feature
I know. Wish it could be disabled or adjusted for a longer idle time.
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
FalconR wrote: I might have paid a small premium for this RGB version but if it’s anything like the non RGB kb I’ll pass since the lights turn off after idling for just a minute. I love the keyboard and that’s my only complaint.
It only happens when you're using it wirelessly, otherwise if wired it doesn't turn off
Rogers 30GB $35

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)