[Amazon.ca] 55lbs Electric Trolling Motor for your boat

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2021 2:28 pm
[OP]
Dec 9, 2020
10 posts
33 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] 55lbs Electric Trolling Motor for your boat

check this out! 55lbs Electric Trolling Motor only $296.79. it will cost 50% more if you go with Minn Kota.
many people think this one is much better quality than Minn Kota. i had a 30lbs Minn Kota Motor for 5 years, and i will try this one this time.
very good motor for fishing, work with inflatable boat, aluminum boat and other small boats. Time to prepare for your summer

https://www.amazon.ca/Newport-Vessels-S ... r=8-2&th=1
Images
  • 71V4ZEbWm2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
21 replies
Dec 16, 2019
80 posts
99 upvotes
Thanks OP in for two ! Been waiting for a deal like this
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1818 posts
855 upvotes
Home
Good price.

Is this normal:

"Is this motor waterproof? - The head w/ handle is not waterproof. Light rain is fine but if there is heavy rain, it's submerged or sprayed directly with a hose, this will cause issues."

If it pours heavily you're toast?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2008 posts
2569 upvotes
GTA
I RFD wrote: Good price.

Is this normal:

"Is this motor waterproof? - The head w/ handle is not waterproof. Light rain is fine but if there is heavy rain, it's submerged or sprayed directly with a hose, this will cause issues."

If it pours heavily you're toast?
Keep a plastic bag around and put it on it when it rains a lot. At that point, you probably don't want to be out trolling either.
Dec 4, 2017
257 posts
308 upvotes
Whitby
almasyseifer wrote: Thx, now all I have to do is to get a boat!
And a license. LOL

By the way, I'm in the same BOAT... no license.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2092 posts
749 upvotes
Is it $14 off or 14%. Looks like the entire line is on sale
Too.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1565 posts
154 upvotes
MrMello wrote: And a license. LOL

By the way, I'm in the same BOAT... no license.
Last I checked, anything under 10HP gas motor, and ANY electric trolling motor, you don't need a boating license, aka "Pleasure Craft Operator Card" .

The fact that this isn't waterproof is a big concern though.
Jun 4, 2017
37 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks OP! this will be perfect for my Jon boat Bass boat conversion.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2309 posts
1014 upvotes
Edmonton
I dunno.....
Water proofing is kinda important. Waves have been known to slap on a boats side.....
8 speeds, 5 forward and 3 back indicate presets on the handle, not fully variable...
Maximum amp draw of 52 amps with a 50 amp breaker indicates no power maximizing tech....

I think you’re going to burn through a battery in pretty short order
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Jan 9, 2014
43 posts
58 upvotes
walleye*guy wrote: I dunno.....
Water proofing is kinda important. Waves have been known to slap on a boats side.....
8 speeds, 5 forward and 3 back indicate presets on the handle, not fully variable...
Maximum amp draw of 52 amps with a 50 amp breaker indicates no power maximizing tech....

I think you’re going to burn through a battery in pretty short order
With a group 24 battery you would have about 2 hours of run time wide open. Highly unlikely you would do that.

What the heck is power maximizing tech? Im pretty sure you just made that up...
Jun 19, 2016
27 posts
11 upvotes
vancouver
grilw wrote: Last I checked, anything under 10HP gas motor, and ANY electric trolling motor, you don't need a boating license, aka "Pleasure Craft Operator Card" .

The fact that this isn't waterproof is a big concern though.
anything motorized will need a license, pleasure craft operator card, but you don't need to register your boat if less than 10hp gas or electric trolling motor.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2309 posts
1014 upvotes
Edmonton
agentf wrote: With a group 24 battery you would have about 2 hours of run time wide open. Highly unlikely you would do that.

What the heck is power maximizing tech? Im pretty sure you just made that up...
https://pumpupboats.com/minn-kota-digital-maximizer/
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2307 posts
671 upvotes
I am no math wizard but a savings of $14.12 from the original price of $310.82 is not really worth a posting.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2456 posts
1401 upvotes
Scarborough
Trolling motors are essentially useless in weedy areas, just an FYI.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1565 posts
154 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote: Trolling motors are essentially useless in weedy areas, just an FYI.
It all depends on the thickness of the weeds you're trying to traverse but at slow speeds they're really your only hope , and usually fishing in weeds is a stealthy affair ... you don't want to use your inboard/outboard so as to not spook all the fish
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2456 posts
1401 upvotes
Scarborough
grilw wrote: It all depends on the thickness of the weeds you're trying to traverse but at slow speeds they're really your only hope , and usually fishing in weeds is a stealthy affair ... you don't want to use your inboard/outboard so as to not spook all the fish
That’s exactly what these are meant for, fishing. Most in this thread were speaking of it as a primary motor Grimacing Face don’t go out if there’s any wind and stay near shore and in bays if this is your purpose for this motor.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4972 posts
1603 upvotes
I like how the title clearly explains "for your boat"
I'm wondering what else it could be misunderstood to be used for?