Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] 58.64$ 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro+ Bluetooth Gamepad for Switch, PC, macOS, Android, Steam and Raspberry Pi

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 4:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2209 posts
2401 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] 58.64$ 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro+ Bluetooth Gamepad for Switch, PC, macOS, Android, Steam and Raspberry Pi

On par or better than Switch's pro controller depending on who your asking. Perfect for your retro gaming needs as well on a PI
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 15th, 2021 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
34 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5206 posts
3224 upvotes
Toronto
MonsieurX wrote: On par or better than Switch's pro controller depending on who your asking. Perfect for your retro gaming needs as well on a PI
Pro Controller makes a better Switch controller, especially because it can turn the Switch on. Having a dedicated pairing profile and operating modes for xinput, dinput and macos do make this more versatile.
MonsieurX wrote: Lowest price according to CCC.
These were $40 on Boxing Day. Doesn't make it a bad deal but CCC is very wrong here.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2209 posts
2401 upvotes
Quebec
Jep4444 wrote: Pro Controller makes a better Switch controller, especially because it can turn the Switch on. Having a dedicated pairing profile and operating modes for xinput, dinput and macos do make this more versatile.

These were $40 on Boxing Day. Doesn't make it a bad deal but CCC is very wrong here.
Just looked for other threads after I posted, I guess there's several version for the same controller.
Jul 8, 2009
222 posts
36 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote:
Agreed, unfortunately, CCC doesn't take into account coupon deals.
Sep 10, 2013
67 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
yup.... I just received mine from Best buy today! 46$ with tx all in... took almost 3 weeks for delivery with canada post!
Mar 23, 2004
43154 posts
9095 upvotes
Markham
Jep4444 wrote: These were $40 on Boxing Day. Doesn't make it a bad deal but CCC is very wrong here.
Just to clarify, it was around $40+tax (so around $45/6 after tax) on Best Buy, not Amazon.

EDIT: Apparently it was on sale at Amazon as well.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5206 posts
3224 upvotes
Toronto
Brainy142 wrote: Agreed, unfortunately, CCC doesn't take into account coupon deals.
It wasn't a coupon.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5206 posts
3224 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: Just to clarify, it was around $40+tax (so around $45/6 after tax) on Best Buy, not Amazon.
It was $40 at both, not sure if Amazon had tax or not.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5206 posts
3224 upvotes
Toronto
MonsieurX wrote: Just looked for other threads after I posted, I guess there's several version for the same controller.
There aren't several versions but there are several sellers with different listings.
Aug 24, 2015
395 posts
1271 upvotes
AB
angel_wing0 wrote: Just to clarify, it was around $40+tax (so around $45/6 after tax) on Best Buy, not Amazon.
I got mine from Amazon (sold by them, not third party), for $39,99 less than two weeks ago. For $40 compared to $90 it’s totally worth the only flaw of not being able to turn on the console.

https://i.ibb.co/Mk3tmz3/76-DFD387-F2- ... -E01-F.jpg
Last edited by angel_wing0 on Jan 15th, 2021 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Screenshot too big, changed to link
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2772 posts
940 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: There aren't several versions but there are several sellers with different listings.
There are three variants but yeah, they are essentially all the same minus a few cosmetic differences.

https://support.8bitdo.com/faq/sn30-pro-plus.html

As for the controller itself, I also got one during the Boxing Day sale and have enjoyed using it for d-pad focused Switch games like Mario Maker 2 and Mario 35. Paired it with my Android phone and my Windows PC seamlessly as well. I think it's a good controller.
Nov 25, 2009
515 posts
296 upvotes
Vancouver
Best Buy had it for $50+ the clip like two weeks ago.
Mar 23, 2004
43154 posts
9095 upvotes
Markham
Jep4444 wrote: It was $40 at both, not sure if Amazon had tax or not.
puglife644 wrote: I got mine from Amazon (sold by them, not third party), for $39,99 less than two weeks ago. For $40 compared to $90 it’s totally worth the only flaw of not being able to turn on the console.

https://i.ibb.co/Mk3tmz3/76-DFD387-F2- ... -E01-F.jpg
Oh, never knew it was on sale at Amazon as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1178 posts
1711 upvotes
GPS - error
In any case don’t forget the firmware update, version 5.00 is out.
Dec 25, 2010
122 posts
45 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
I was gonna pull the trigger during boxing week, but it was always missing in stock the moment I wanted to order at Best Buy during the ~40$ (black) / ~50$ (gray SNES like with clip) sale.

Well it seems they are now cheaper at 30.10$/34.10$ respectively till January 21 at Best Buy, but black at 30$ is OOS as I write this. Of course you need 35$ for free shipping... ;-) I might get one!

I also wanted one of those new Xbox controller too at 59.99$ and missed out... will wait for the deal to come back.

Bonus: I never saw that they did a very cool NES mouse before, and on their website you can add the mousepad for 1$. I don't intend to buy even if it is really hella cool, but kudos for the design!
https://shop.8bitdo.com/products/8bitdo ... less-mouse
May 23, 2017
6 posts
4 upvotes
mickoz wrote: I was gonna pull the trigger during boxing week, but it was always missing in stock the moment I wanted to order at Best Buy during the ~40$ (black) / ~50$ (gray SNES like with clip) sale.

Well it seems they are now cheaper at 30.10$/34.10$ respectively till January 21 at Best Buy, but black at 30$ is OOS as I write this. Of course you need 35$ for free shipping... ;-) I might get one!

I also wanted one of those new Xbox controller too at 59.99$ and missed out... will wait for the deal to come back.

Bonus: I never saw that they did a very cool NES mouse before, and on their website you can add the mousepad for 1$. I don't intend to buy even if it is really hella cool, but kudos for the design!
https://shop.8bitdo.com/products/8bitdo ... less-mouse
Thanks for pointing out the sale on Best Buy. Just picked one up myself. Can't beat $34 for a fantastic controller and the phone grip included.

EDIT: Looks OOS now. Guess I must have bought the last one?
Dec 25, 2010
122 posts
45 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
NinjaNick wrote: Thanks for pointing out the sale on Best Buy. Just picked one up myself. Can't beat $34 for a fantastic controller and the phone grip included.

EDIT: Looks OOS now. Guess I must have bought the last one?
Dang, big reason I have not bought is because of the 35$ for free shipping threshold (and had no clue what else I wanted). Was even considering buying 2 now. Missed on it again procrastinating to conclude! But it is valid until January 21, if last time is an indicator, then chance are it will restock again (I saw it on and off last time). *cross fingers*
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1192 posts
467 upvotes
Brandon
mickoz wrote: Dang, big reason I have not bought is because of the 35$ for free shipping threshold (and had no clue what else I wanted). Was even considering buying 2 now. Missed on it again procrastinating to conclude! But it is valid until January 21, if last time is an indicator, then chance are it will restock again (I saw it on and off last time). *cross fingers*
That is why with sales like those it's best to BUY and not procrastinate.