Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

$59.95 ATL Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet with Bonus Software, 7.9" X 6.3", Black (CTL4100)

Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1490 posts
1691 upvotes
Ottawa
kech wrote: I have been interested but dont know what to settle on.
Should i be looking for a bigger pad, or one with a screen ?
If you've never used one, do not spend money on a higher end with a screen. Try a Huion one or this one and see if you even Abbe a use or knack for it. I've been using one for 15 years and still don't have a high budget one and I use it for hobbies and work. What do you intend on using it for?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1490 posts
1691 upvotes
Ottawa
hoody123 wrote: More money but I have a Huion Q11K and with it's large drawing area, I feel it's much nicer to work with. I use it to instruct with during learn at home and it's been great.
And $111 right now!

HUION INSPIROY Q11K Wireless Digital Pen Tablet Graphic Drawing Painting Tablet with 8192 Levels of Pressure 8 Express Keys and Vertically Stand Pen Holder
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071JN86L3/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1490 posts
1691 upvotes
Ottawa
dealhound2k1 wrote: Curious about the experience from folks that have used the HUION tablets. How is the quality of the software (drivers) for the device. Concerned about possible malware or spyware since the drivers will be installed with administrator privileges in the operating system.

That is the only thing hold me back from trying the HUION tablets.

Used Huion for over a decade and never had a single issue with drivers. They don't come with a lot of software. Just your tablet and driver.
Apr 8, 2007
816 posts
181 upvotes
I edit shape files and create / edit some designs using the boar on a Mac. Try it , you will love it.

I am getting too picky over the years that If the tool is great, I do not care the price tag any more.

Also, my time is getting precious while I am working.
Running on hackintosh in 2011: I5 ivy Bridge 3.10 HD3000, Zotac 1030 2G video card, HDMI 2.0 cable, 16G RAM( max out at 1600mhz) on a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Mobo with ITB Crucial MX500 SSD, With 4K 60HZ UM7300AUE as a monitor> Retina Display
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22384 posts
7628 upvotes
ovovov wrote: I edit shape files and create / edit some designs using the boar on a Mac. Try it , you will love it.

I am getting too picky over the years that If the tool is great, I do not care the price tag any more.

Also, my time is getting precious while I am working.
What if you don't have a Mac? My time is precious period. Once you start to get into your 60s, you start thinking that way, especially after seeing so many friends and family die. But you are right about buying things just for the gratification. Probably why I have a house full of electronics at this point...more than I can comfortably use unless I quit working. Not happening right now though...
Dec 5, 2021
14 posts
14 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Used Huion for over a decade and never had a single issue with drivers. They don't come with a lot of software. Just your tablet and driver.
Awesome! Thank you for the feedback.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1661 posts
441 upvotes
So I ordered one from Best Buy (arrived the next morning). Anyway I am trying to use it with OneNote and PowerPoint and the performance is mediocre. Especially when trying to take notes. Watched numerous videos, lots from teachers and students, and things look smooth. I primarily intend to use it during online presentations. Any thoughts?
Jul 20, 2015
247 posts
219 upvotes
ON
Squeeky wrote: So I ordered one from Best Buy (arrived the next morning). Anyway I am trying to use it with OneNote and PowerPoint and the performance is mediocre. Especially when trying to take notes. Watched numerous videos, lots from teachers and students, and things look smooth. I primarily intend to use it during online presentations. Any thoughts?
Did you install the wacom drivers for your PC?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1661 posts
441 upvotes
divetus wrote: Did you install the wacom drivers for your PC?
First thing I did. Downloaded the latest from Wacom.
Jul 20, 2015
247 posts
219 upvotes
ON
Squeeky wrote: First thing I did. Downloaded the latest from Wacom.
Do you experience the poor performance (I assume it's cursor is lagging or sluggish?) in other programs like paint, or is it just OneNote/PowerPoint? If you're on windows, is everything up to date there? It might be worth a shot to download the non-latest drivers perhaps.
Apr 8, 2007
816 posts
181 upvotes
DougO wrote: What if you don't have a Mac? My time is precious period. Once you start to get into your 60s, you start thinking that way, especially after seeing so many friends and family die. But you are right about buying things just for the gratification. Probably why I have a house full of electronics at this point...more than I can comfortably use unless I quit working. Not happening right now though...
sorry I did not mean to imply my time is more precious than anyone has. I am just saying this is a great tool.

the people i hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I dont have acne. life is great. gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers, now they drink like their fathers. when i was a chold i thought nap time was a punishment, now it feels like a small vacation. of course, i talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice .... i have more friends i should send this to, but right now , I cannot remember their names.
cheers buddy, we are all getting to the 60s sooner or later
Running on hackintosh in 2011: I5 ivy Bridge 3.10 HD3000, Zotac 1030 2G video card, HDMI 2.0 cable, 16G RAM( max out at 1600mhz) on a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Mobo with ITB Crucial MX500 SSD, With 4K 60HZ UM7300AUE as a monitor> Retina Display
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22384 posts
7628 upvotes
ovovov wrote: sorry I did not mean to imply my time is more precious than anyone has. I am just saying this is a great tool.

the people i hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I dont have acne. life is great. gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers, now they drink like their fathers. when i was a chold i thought nap time was a punishment, now it feels like a small vacation. of course, i talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice .... i have more friends i should send this to, but right now , I cannot remember their names.
cheers buddy, we are all getting to the 60s sooner or later
Nah, the people I know are professional colourists for comics or have been doing fan art for a long time (decades in some cases) so this might have been a tool they started out with. But now they have much larger and more expensive tools with a large suite of software. I want one just to try it out. I had an old Wacom Bamboo that I just put on my R7 but I want this one for another computer. And cheers to you too...