Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] $6.96 for NESTLÉ MINIS Assorted Bars - KITKAT, Coffee Crisp, AERO, Smarties - (Pack of 50 Mini Bars)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2019 6:31 pm
[OP]
Oct 13, 2016
306 posts
454 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] $6.96 for NESTLÉ MINIS Assorted Bars - KITKAT, Coffee Crisp, AERO, Smarties - (Pack of 50 Mini Bars)

Save 30% on pack of 50 Mini Bars.
Stock up for halloween party.
58 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1945 posts
1161 upvotes
Waterloo
I believe the RFD gurus aim for 10cents/piece for bulk halloween chocolate - that is before halloween sales, not the clearance afterwards. This works out to ~14cents/piece.
Aug 17, 2008
249 posts
1000 upvotes
I did the math...

if Costco has their sale again for $11.89 for 120 pieces (the week before Halloween last year) - it will be $0.09 per piece

Without S&S this is $0.14 per piece
With 15% S&S this is $0.12 per piece

I am going to take the gamble and wait for Costco to have its sale.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1059 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to say it's still too early to start calculating Halloween candy value comparison..... but apparently not.
Aug 30, 2019
147 posts
45 upvotes
jungling wrote: I did the math...

if Costco has their sale again for $11.89 for 120 pieces (the week before Halloween last year) - it will be $0.09 per piece

Without S&S this is $0.14 per piece
With 15% S&S this is $0.12 per piece

I am going to take the gamble and wait for Costco to have its sale.
Can you cancel s&s after your items have been shipped on first order to get extra 15% discount ?
walmart is new amazon
Jul 8, 2008
671 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
brampton90 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:43 am
Can you cancel s&s after your items have been shipped on first order to get extra 15% discount ?
All S&S items ship at the same time in one package. SO no, you cannot cancel.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2962 posts
1396 upvotes
brampton90 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:43 am
You have to have 5 items or more to get the 15% (otherwise it is only 5%).
And yes, you can cancel the item once the first order has shipped with no penalty.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1877 posts
325 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks LenXos, but if I buy now for Halloween, I'll have to rebuy again because all those tasty, bite sized bars find a way into my mouth before I can stop them. I'll buy the day of and only pig out as I hand them out at the door. One or two for each kid and 1 for me each time I answer the door. BTW, I wear a pig's nose mask to show my shame on that scary night.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6011 posts
2064 upvotes
Moncton, NB
sam123 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:53 am
Thanks LenXos, but if I buy now for Halloween, I'll have to rebuy again because all those tasty, bite sized bars find a way into my mouth before I can stop them. I'll buy the day of and only pig out as I hand them out at the door. One or two for each kid and 1 for me each time I answer the door. BTW, I wear a pig's nose mask to show my shame on that scary night.
Same issue we have at home. It's like those box of 50 chips at Costco (assorted ones). They were on sale for like 11.99$ I think a few weeks ago. We picked some up because last year we picked up a box and ended up eating it all before Halloween (same for the chocolate bars)...

So this year we will do all the Halloween bags in advance... and eat the left over lol.
Oct 24, 2017
237 posts
520 upvotes
In it's natural state, water is not a tradable 'good', and is therefore not subject to international trade rules. Once a government starts charging more than their cost (once they're seen as making a profit from it), that water becomes a commodity, and under NAFTA / FTA, that government can't restrict usage to the water, even if the area immediately beside the aquifer / river / lake is in a drought. In fact, companies like Nestle can sue if the taps are turned off.

As for the boycott, couldn't care less. These chocolate bars are delicious, and if I'm going to care about boycotting Nestle, I would need to start boycotting other worthy companies, and frankly who has the time? I'm still working my way through Kony 2012.
Oct 17, 2009
759 posts
1346 upvotes
canada5dollarbill wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:37 am
As for the boycott, couldn't care less. These chocolate bars are delicious, and if I'm going to care about boycotting Nestle, I would need to start boycotting other worthy companies, and frankly who has the time? I'm still working my way through Kony 2012.
Well there's an interesting rationalization to care about nothing.