• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2020 10:01 am
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2017
24 posts
97 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] 60W LED Garage Trilights $29.99

Amazon has 60W LED Garage Trilights on sale for $29.99 after using code MYTEAWORLD73 at checkout.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3494 posts
1784 upvotes
These look identical to the ones I bought on ebay. They were plastic, not aluminum and arrived broken at the hinge point, but still work and are quite bright. The seller gave me a significant refund, but kept ducking my question as to why it said they were aluminum when they are actually plastic.
Jun 26, 2010
147 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
How on earth do you guys get these codes??
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9239 posts
2028 upvotes
Toronto
charlesj wrote: How on earth do you guys get these codes??
Do you not see this under the item? That said I think some people get them from facebook or they get paid to post it.
Special offers and product promotions
Size : 1 Pack

Save 40% each on Qualifying items offered by Myteaworld when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code MYTEAWORLD73 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save $5 when you purchase 3 or more Garage light offered by Myteaworld. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save $7 when you purchase 4 or more Garage light offered by Myteaworld. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save $9 when you purchase 5 or more Garage light offered by Myteaworld. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
Apr 2, 2015
314 posts
422 upvotes
Siberia
Are these UL certified? I'm finding 95% of electrical gear sold on Amazon isnt... if they start a fire your insurance company will tell you, tough luck no payout.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3738 posts
1755 upvotes
Jone19 wrote: Are these UL certified? I'm finding 95% of electrical gear sold on Amazon isnt... if they start a fire your insurance company will tell you, tough luck no payout.
I would avoid anything electrical that's higher voltage/amperage that isn't big branded. Light fixtures, kettles, toasters, irons, are things i wouldn't cheap out on.

A house fire is the last thing I want for 2020.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3494 posts
1784 upvotes
Jone19 wrote: Are these UL certified? I'm finding 95% of electrical gear sold on Amazon isnt... if they start a fire your insurance company will tell you, tough luck no payout.
Someone from a previous thread who claimed to be an insurance adjuster said that this is not true. It doesn't change the fact though that it still may be a fire hazard.
Oct 28, 2011
105 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
for a bit more I picked these up. 80W 8000LM and motion activated.

Motion Sensor LED Garage Lights - 8000LM 80W LED Garage Lighting - Deformable LED Shop Light - E26/27 Garage Ceiling Light, LED Light Bulbs, LED Work Lights, LED High Bay Light for Basement, Workshop https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XXTCLRM/

Currently 8% off (meh).
Last edited by toRFDer on Aug 2nd, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2432 posts
1071 upvotes
Surrey
toRFDer wrote: for a bit more I picked these up. 80W 8000LM and motion activated.

Currently 8% off (meh).
Which ones?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2432 posts
1071 upvotes
Surrey
I bought the similar ones from homedepot they were around 19.99 CE brand
May 2, 2017
70 posts
84 upvotes
These are bright, like obnoxiously bright to the point my eyes hurt when its light reflect off smooth surfaces such as cars and metals in my garage. They also get worryingly hot which without UL or CSA certification concerns me more than I'm willing to accept.
May 4, 2017
140 posts
278 upvotes
Any electrician or fireman/woman in this thread is able to comment about the fire hazard of this thing? I'm thinking about installing one in my cottage without lightning it on fire. Thanks
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
16273 posts
2015 upvotes
Out west
Can we see some proof of that?

You move into a house, previous owners installed something like this and it causes a fire, and no insurance for you?. Who here has bought a house and checked everything electrical in the house they purchase thats its UL certified?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1585 posts
988 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Someone from a previous thread who claimed to be an insurance adjuster said that this is not true. It doesn't change the fact though that it still may be a fire hazard.
100%

My father in law burned his kitchen down (mistake) and in speaking with firefighter and insurance adjuster they both said nothing really matters. The example they used is if you lit a candle next to a curtain and it burns your house down you’ll still get paid out.
The only way you wouldn’t is if an accelerant was used.