Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $64.99 (Reg $99.99) Philips Sonicare Airfloss Flosser Interdental Health, White, HX8331/01

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 5:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2020
541 posts
1952 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $64.99 (Reg $99.99) Philips Sonicare Airfloss Flosser Interdental Health, White, HX8331/01

Philips Sonicare Airfloss Flosser Interdental Health, White, HX8331/01
3.7 out of 5 stars 405 ratings | 29 answered questions
List Price: $99.99
Price: $64.99 ($64.99 / count)
You Save: $35.00 (35%)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00SCS5RZU?

DSC05911.JPG
22 replies
Mar 12, 2016
944 posts
1581 upvotes
Just to start off the thread replies...

Water floss is better than nothing, especially if youre a bad flosser. The amount of material stuck between your teeth will surprise you, material that causes inflammation over the day. Wont delve into the "science" of flossing, but this is 110% practical

But this particularly product...reviews dont seem good. Waterpik from costco often cheaper than this, just not cordless
Last edited by UWOD2020 on Jun 8th, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 11, 2010
262 posts
230 upvotes
Best feedback from Amazon reviews:

"Let’s be honest. This thing breaks down, a lot. It comes with a 2.5 year warranty though and the replacement process works fine here in Canada. Went through 5 devices in the last 3 years. I’d like to call it a subscription service. Only flossing device that doesn’t loose its warranty with mouthwash."
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3541 posts
1640 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone else make a better product? Other than a wired one that needs to be connected to the tap?
Apr 5, 2018
180 posts
169 upvotes
Probably a good use case for folks with braces.
Feb 17, 2008
118 posts
87 upvotes
signops wrote: Probably a good use case for folks with braces.
This is exactly it. If you have braces, it’s really difficult to floss.

Otherwise, people, please floss. It’s better for your guy overall, and you won’t be judged when going to the dentist
Dec 2, 2012
207 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
$10 rebate available on CO51.

Since you need to scan the barcode, I’d try to PM somewhere and claim the offer today/tomorrow.
Images
  • AC8B7B64-D98F-40AD-B384-0E58CAFDF9BB.png
Jul 29, 2019
143 posts
123 upvotes
I don't floss, but I tried a couple of times. My gums bleed when I did, is it normal ?
Or was I doing something wrong
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5977 posts
2143 upvotes
Toronto
I don't get how this works? You put a tiny amount of liquid and that's all it needs? It says it produces "a teaspoon of liquid" at the end, shouldn't the amount of liquid coming out be the same amount going in?

With a waterpik it uses a whole reservoir of water (like 400mL, so how can this use such a tiny amount of liquid?

What's better, this or Waterpik? (at flossing, i don't care about price)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
19209 posts
22096 upvotes
patel21 wrote: I don't floss, but I tried a couple of times. My gums bleed when I did, is it normal ?
Yeah, that's not great. Poor gum health is correlated with more serious problems, including potential cardio issues.

If this gets you to floss, it might be something. Most dentists seem to prefer old school flossing.

P.S. Maybe get a Waterpik instead as this thing has some pitiful reviews.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6765 posts
2554 upvotes
GTA
patel21 wrote: I don't floss, but I tried a couple of times. My gums bleed when I did, is it normal ?
Bleeding is normal if you don't floss regularly, if you start to floss somewhat regularly your gums wont bleed.

Things to notice when it comes to gums tenderness or persistent receding/bleeding would be health related, predominately insulin resistance and pre diabetic.
Oct 1, 2020
220 posts
351 upvotes
How effective is Waterpik vs an actual physical floss? Would you say maybe 60% as effective as the real thing?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1205 posts
877 upvotes
Whitby
mighty_chef wrote: Get the one from Costco instead. When it's on sale for around $60-$70.

https://www.costco.ca/waterpik-water-fl ... 22218.html

1st Waterpik I bought lasted 7-8 years before the motor died.

Excellent product, perfect for anyone who eats a lot of popcorn :)
Thanks, I came here to ask whether OP is a better buy over this costco. I got it last week for my wife, couldn't wait for any sale as it was kind of an emergency situation.
Mar 12, 2016
944 posts
1581 upvotes
Empirically, I always had bleeding gums growing up. I never flossed and presumably it was gingivitis. After using water floss, I no longer bleed when I DO physically floss
Feb 5, 2013
267 posts
257 upvotes
Toronto
Brush 2x and floss 1x daily for optimal pearly health! Dental work adds up quick and your teeth are with you for (almost) a lifetime.
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Aug 23, 2007
148 posts
69 upvotes
London
EmpressLisaSu wrote: How effective is Waterpik vs an actual physical floss? Would you say maybe 60% as effective as the real thing?
Waterpik is faster and easier for me. My teeth are very tightly together, making it a hassle to get floss between them, so I only floss about once a week.
I've been using mine for 5 years and the plastic pipe to the handle just developed a leak, so I'm getting a replacement part.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2020
541 posts
1952 upvotes
My wife flosses everyday and has really good teeth. I don't floss near enough.... if I skip more than 1 week, it will bleed a bit for a couple of days, then it stops bleeding so keep it up.
Try different types of floss.... ribbon, waxed, etc until you find one you like.

My dentist made me enter an alarm on my phone, everyday at 8pm to remind me to floss..... that way I never forget.

Also, if you have Dental at work, you should be entitled to 1 or 2 Dentist visits per year. These are normal visits, with Xrays, etc....

You might also be entitled to extra dentist descaling visits, on top of your normal visit(s). (Dentists don't like to advertise this as they don't make as much $$ but you should ask if this is an option.)
Oct 1, 2020
220 posts
351 upvotes
junkyjunky wrote: Waterpik cordless version on sale at various locations too:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/wa ... r/13901412
(use 20% off coupon) https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... lsrc=aw.ds

BTW, I'm not promoting any of these, I don't own one, but have been interested....just not enough to pull the trigger.
How are the cordless ones vs corded ones?