Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$67 McCormick Gourmet, Premium Quality Natural Herbs & Spices, Home Chef Spice Rack, 24 Count

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 8:25 am
[OP]
Member
Dec 7, 2002
374 posts
327 upvotes
Kemptville

[Amazon.ca] $67 McCormick Gourmet, Premium Quality Natural Herbs & Spices, Home Chef Spice Rack, 24 Count

McCormick Gourmet, Premium Quality Natural Herbs & Spices, Home Chef Spice Rack, 24 Count
$67.00

Works out to $2.79 a jar!

https://www.amazon.ca/McCormick-Gourmet ... EQB&sr=8-5
Images
  • A1oZX8KeTKL._SL1500_.jpg
18 replies
Member
Nov 15, 2010
425 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal
fuzzy2k3 wrote: most negative reviews are about getting spices that area expiring soon. Good deal if you get a fresh batch
Can always try getting replacements sent out. (If amazon even does such a thing).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
2151 posts
15157 upvotes
goonerm3 wrote: Can always try getting replacements sent out. (If amazon even does such a thing).
This is a single SKU product - no retailer (including Amazon) would ever swap out single spices. If you got a rack with short expiry spices, your choices will likely be return for a full refund, or exchange for a second set (likely with the same issue) sent out.
Sr. Member
Mar 14, 2018
641 posts
815 upvotes
Bought that for $54 during prime day sale. Yeah expiry date fast approaching and my review complaining got rejected.

Otherwise was a good looking set.
Member
Jan 1, 2016
270 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I actively try to avoid buying perishables on sale from Amazon for this same reason. They usually only put stuff on good sales if they were expiring soon. Amazon would actually get you to keep the product for free if it was REALLY cutting it close.

A month ago I got shipped energy bars that would expire <24 hours after they arrived. At first, I actually wondered why at first my "subscription" arrived 2 week early. I got a refund and obv did not have to ship that useless batch back. Many energy bars were had that day...
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2921 posts
2182 upvotes
GTA
Shihtzus wrote: Bought that for $54 during prime day sale. Yeah expiry date fast approaching and my review complaining got rejected.

Otherwise was a good looking set.
I knew I saw it cheaper! Tried searching but nothing came up. Thanks for confirming.

So what was the reason for Amazon rejecting your review? They are suppose to be unbiased so I hope they gave a good reason.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2001
1421 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Shihtzus wrote: Bought that for $54 during prime day sale. Yeah expiry date fast approaching and my review complaining got rejected.

Otherwise was a good looking set.
Same ordered it on prime day.. called and complained. They sent out another one.. Same thing... they refunded me and let me keep both.
Jr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
107 posts
132 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Bought this during Prime Day. Only two of the spices were set to expiry in less than a year. Rest were 2022/23.
Newbie
Nov 29, 2014
51 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I messaged them asking for one with a better expiry (ordered last week). They refunded the money and let me keep it.
Member
Jan 5, 2016
401 posts
256 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
fraunhofer wrote: I messaged them asking for one with a better expiry (ordered last week). They refunded the money and let me keep it.
I'll try this out. Thx
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29320 posts
14830 upvotes
I can't argue the looks and the "prettiness" of this, but if you're buying for the spices rather than an "art" piece you're SEVERELY overpaying at $2.79/jar.
Most of these spices are available in bulk for less than a buck each.
Add in a sleeve of 4oz deli containers and lids and you have spices for cheap.
The problem is that it's not pretty.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Member
Apr 23, 2008
286 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
I do like the posh McCormick spice jars, some of mine are many years old and have been refilled many times from bulk packages. I do think that there is a difference in the quality of the spices between McCormick and bulk label but suspect few people can tell the difference (I usually can't). Also, I never go by the dates of food items, spices gradually lose their potency. However, as Chef Vikram Vij says, you can wake up old spices with a bit of heat, so all is not lost if you have old spices.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2005
1673 posts
1092 upvotes
Montreal
Unless you're buying popular, high volume products like Oreo cookies, you can expect to get expired food from Amazon.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Sr. Member
Mar 14, 2018
641 posts
815 upvotes
Britex wrote: I knew I saw it cheaper! Tried searching but nothing came up. Thanks for confirming.

So what was the reason for Amazon rejecting your review? They are suppose to be unbiased so I hope they gave a good reason.
“Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.ca/feedback.”
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4524 posts
3003 upvotes
Is the expiry date that clear cut that once it passes that day you have to toss it in the garbage? I ordered a bunch of coffee from Amazon on sale too but it was still good a month after the expiry. You don't see people tossing out their bottle of Dom Perrignon.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
1777 posts
7183 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
cristianosham wrote: Is the expiry date that clear cut that once it passes that day you have to toss it in the garbage? I ordered a bunch of coffee from Amazon on sale too but it was still good a month after the expiry. You don't see people tossing out their bottle of Dom Perrignon.
Expiration dates tell consumers the last day a product is safe to consume. Best before date on the other hand tells you that the food is no longer in its perfect shape from that date. It may just lose some of its freshness, taste, aroma or nutrients. It does not mean that the food is no longer safe to eat.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4524 posts
3003 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote: Expiration dates tell consumers the last day a product is safe to consume. Best before date on the other hand tells you that the food is no longer in its perfect shape from that date. It may just lose some of its freshness, taste, aroma or nutrients. It does not mean that the food is no longer safe to eat.
Amazon will get alot of complaints then lose on all those refunds.

Top