• Dec 9th, 2019 10:54 am
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
212 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] $68: Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, 8 Quart

$68: Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, 8 Quart

For those who missed the Walmart deal of 6 quarts for the same price. This deal is for 8 quarts.
28 replies
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
212 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary, AB
fatestkid wrote: It was $60 during Black Friday just fyi. Still a good deal.
aah.. OK.. looks like I missed that deal.
Aug 28, 2006
135 posts
78 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: It was $60 during Black Friday just fyi. Still a good deal.
Where was this? I only saw 8 quarts for $80 at the cheapest from Amazon and $60 for 6 quarts from Canadian Tire.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4937 posts
3934 upvotes
Edmonton
lucasc wrote: Where was this? I only saw 8 quarts for $80 at the cheapest from Amazon and $60 for 6 quarts from Canadian Tire.
Amazon had 8 quarts for $59.88. this exact 6 in 1 model.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Jul 8, 2008
835 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
lucasc wrote: Where was this? I only saw 8 quarts for $80 at the cheapest from Amazon and $60 for 6 quarts from Canadian Tire.
So did Walmart for the exact same model. $59.88
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1470 posts
5191 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Honestly, who doesn't have one of these by now?
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2737 posts
5428 upvotes
Having this model, I would probably advise someone considering purchasing this to pay a little extra for a model with low pressure.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2460 posts
429 upvotes
GTA
kimwoobingsu wrote: Having this model, I would probably advise someone considering purchasing this to pay a little extra for a model with low pressure.
yea? why's that? I bought it last week from amazon for $78 with the low pressure.
I'm just making my second recipe
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Aug 18, 2019
262 posts
183 upvotes
What about the $99 Instant Pot Smart WiFi one from Best Buy last Black Friday? Was that one not any good? Hoping that'll go on sale again during Boxing Day.
~ 👍teslanaire2bitcoinaireButStillCheapLurking@RFDForDeals✌️~
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5025 posts
1009 upvotes
Montreal
kimwoobingsu wrote: Having this model, I would probably advise someone considering purchasing this to pay a little extra for a model with low pressure.
Why is the model with low pressure better?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4937 posts
3934 upvotes
Edmonton
cn_habs wrote: Why is the model with low pressure better?
Low pressure is better for boiled eggs. That's the only use I've heard of but I'm sure there are more.

Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4937 posts
3934 upvotes
Edmonton
For those people who are buying this just to try it here my two cents. I bought an instant pot two years ago, used it once and then it just sat there just because I can't be bothered to use it. My air fryer gets used almost daily.

I think it's important to see the type of food you eat right now and find the right kitchen device to make it easier to cook. I usually eat curry with Rice/bread. I'll cook the curry in a pot on the stove. I also eat things like baked chicken or a Burge patty with steamed vegetables. For anything that I baked in the past, I cook in the air fryer now. It's been the best and most kitchen appliance I have ever bought, the other is my espresso machine :)

Nov 9, 2017
83 posts
88 upvotes
It's so interesting, I am constantly cooking curry in my instant pot which I use twice a week at least. But it's true, everyone cooks differently.
fatestkid wrote: For those people who are buying this just to try it here my two cents. I bought an instant pot two years ago, used it once and then it just sat there just because I can't be bothered to use it. My air fryer gets used almost daily.

I think it's important to see the type of food you eat right now and find the right kitchen device to make it easier to cook. I usually eat curry with Rice/bread. I'll cook the curry in a pot on the stove. I also eat things like baked chicken or a Burge patty with steamed vegetables. For anything that I baked in the past, I cook in the air fryer now. It's been the best and most kitchen appliance I have ever bought, the other is my espresso machine :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8270 posts
1830 upvotes
Toronto
liemhoho wrote: What about the $99 Instant Pot Smart WiFi one from Best Buy last Black Friday? Was that one not any good? Hoping that'll go on sale again during Boxing Day.
The chances are nearly 100% you'll see Instant Pots on sale for boxing day.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19414 posts
5698 upvotes
I thought all these could also do slow cooking? The 6 quart Duo can. I just did some ribs using a Youtube video. Didn't come out quite right but lots of room for experimentation. Have done pork chops. Those came out right. Next up will be spaghetti. A nice toy to play with to feed myself...