105 posts
97 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $7 USB-C to USB-C cable - 5ft, 5A, 10Gbps

26 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1646 posts
3369 upvotes
i'll stick with paying a bit more to get a cable through prime cables, at least i can keep a safe mind that the cable works
Apr 13, 2016
471 posts
297 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: Good price but bad reviews
hard to discern the reviews because they're for multiple cables

I've been looking at this cable and other 10gbps cables for a while if you're in a bind I think this is a decent enough cable.

otherwise wait for thunderbolt 3 20gbps cables to go on sale, they are around $15-20 and are compatible with USB-C 5-10gbps
😱 4x Telus 25GB/$30 - 1x Fido Data 4GB/$0 - 1x Fido Data 3GB/$0 😱
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
774 upvotes
redflag0 wrote: hard to discern the reviews because they're for multiple cables

I've been looking at this cable and other 10gbps cables for a while if you're in a bind I think this is a decent enough cable.

otherwise wait for thunderbolt 3 20gbps cables to go on sale, they are around $15-20 and are compatible with USB-C 5-10gbps
I actually bought this Thunderbolt 3 20 Gb/s cable a few days ago on a Lightning Deal for $15.99 and no tax. I haven't tried it out yet though so I can't comment on the quality.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Apr 13, 2016
471 posts
297 upvotes
CalgaryRunner wrote: I actually bought this Thunderbolt 3 20 Gb/s cable a few days ago on a Lightning Deal for $15.99 and no tax. I haven't tried it out yet though so I can't comment on the quality.
do let me know how it goes! very interested in those eventually lol

looking at the 2M variant
😱 4x Telus 25GB/$30 - 1x Fido Data 4GB/$0 - 1x Fido Data 3GB/$0 😱
[OP]
May 22, 2011
105 posts
97 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: sorry, am i blind or is that 16-4=$12?
Looks like they sold out. There's still a 1m one for $8 and a 6ft one for $10.

Aug 11, 2019
231 posts
250 upvotes
Hartia0 wrote: i'll stick with paying a bit more to get a cable through prime cables, at least i can keep a safe mind that the cable works
for top tier quality 3rd party cables, you cant go wrong with anker...6 feet usb c - usb c was on sale for 17 recently, they have power delivery which charges super fast, amazing build quality, and they have life time warranty to back it up.

dont know much about their other departments, but they got battery charging down to a science, be it cables, wall adaptors, car adaptors, or power banks, all top of the line quality, and not that expensive either, i personally own 2 banks, 1 wall adaptor, 3 car adaptor, 12 cables, bought them over the last 7 years or so, not a single item has ever failed or malfunctioned on me
Feb 21, 2008
229 posts
58 upvotes
I just bought a Fasgear 6ft USB Type C to USB Type C cable for about $20 bucks off of Amazon (paid a bit more because I wanted a red cable). The first cable I received didn't work to well with my triple monitor dock, but after reaching out to Fasgear Customer Support, they sent me a replacement cable the next day. I didn't have to return the defective one either so I am using that as charging cable now.

If the cable doesn't work, try contacting their customer service, but I think it would be better to spend a bit more and ensure you get a quality cable that works.
Feb 11, 2019
349 posts
411 upvotes
ON
redflag0 wrote: hard to discern the reviews because they're for multiple cables

Actually have used this cable for a decent few months, can confirm amperage and data throughput are accurate, however despite the cable feeling quite touch durability at the most common failure point didn’t match - this will of course vary by use case
Feb 25, 2003
381 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver
CalgaryRunner wrote: I actually bought this Thunderbolt 3 20 Gb/s cable a few days ago on a Lightning Deal for $15.99 and no tax. I haven't tried it out yet though so I can't comment on the quality.
Thanks for sharing. For a couple of dollars more you get a way better cable.
Jul 11, 2004
890 posts
155 upvotes
Fasgear customer support might be good, but, from your experience I sense that their QA is dismal. I wouldn't expect them to use some statistical process control as part of their QA workflow, but, if they are a small volume provider, either they or their provider should be testing individual cables one-by-one. I would have been pretty annoyed if the cable was DOA on arrival. I expect that when a product is shipped to me that it's functional.
Mar 10, 2008
652 posts
76 upvotes
I Brought a 10Ft typeC charge cable From Dollarama for $4. No complain.