Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] 7 Wonders Duel board game (Free Shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 11:31 am
[OP]
Dec 12, 2014
17 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] 7 Wonders Duel board game (Free Shipping)

7 Wonders Duel board game.
Ranked #16 on boardgamegeek.com

The price on CCC is still $39.37 but amazon has it for $23.82 including free shipping, which I think is he lowest price ever. Other games from the same seller are also on sale today, for example 7 Wonders for $40 (usually $60): Your text to link here...

The free shipping option arrives between Mar 20 - Apr 4.
22 replies
Jul 28, 2007
580 posts
902 upvotes
Calgary
Love 7 Wonders so might have to give this a try.

But I have never seen an upper age limit recommended for a board game. I guess according to these guys once you hit 50 you're supposed to take up bridge or go fish or something.
Jan 6, 2013
163 posts
169 upvotes
JONQUIERE
Oh wow nice find. I received this game for Christmas and opened it last week(Duel). Havn't played a real game yet. But with all the research done I can say that 40$ seems to be worth it so at 24$ I wouldn't hesitate.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3748 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
It's being sold by a third party, fancy dress worldwide. Might want to be aware, could be a fake.
Last edited by Geologic on Feb 28th, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3200 posts
1211 upvotes
Airdrie
Appreciate a good board game deal. I'd say that there's a very good chance that these are counterfeit though. (Unusually low price, overseas seller...)

Not judging. Won't affect gameplay. Printing and components are usually subpar compared to authentic retail.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Nov 16, 2008
773 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Geologic wrote: It's being sold by a third party selling, fancy dress worldwide. Might want to be aware, could be a fake.
This. Buyer beware. Good price if legit though.
Feb 12, 2012
117 posts
30 upvotes
Oshawa
The listing of 7 Wonders Duel is for a French copy. The game is language independent so it doesn't matter too much, but it may be an issue for some people.
Aug 14, 2006
331 posts
57 upvotes
Kanata
7 Wonders Duel is a great implementation of 7 Wonders. The latter is a family favourite but doesn't play well with only 2 people. 7 Wonders Duel solves this but does make some small changes, although it keep the basic ideas and flavour of 7 Wonders. For example, instead of "pick and pass", players take turns drawing from a pyramid of stacked cards, potentially making good cards available to their opponent. 7 Wonders Duel also comes with 3 possibilities of winning: end the game and count all your points, military tracker gets to one end of the track (military supremacy), one player gets 6 different scientific symbols (scientific supremacy). A very good game.
Jan 19, 2013
25 posts
56 upvotes
Easy to learn, easy to set, fun to play....and best of all easy to collect and store away.

1v1 game and i would suggest downloading; 7 Wonders Duel: A Plain and Simple Guide from boardgamegeek *need an account for this step
Dec 17, 2017
983 posts
1033 upvotes
both the duel version and normal version seems to be near or at historic lows...
Oct 5, 2006
88 posts
14 upvotes
Cochrane
What is the risk of buying from a third party seller? Obviously it could be a knock off, but are there other risks? Will Amazon cover you if something is wrong with the order?
Jun 1, 2009
881 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Great price for a great 2 player game

And it's hard to find a great 2 player game