Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 25, 2009
747 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] $71 - Helly Hansen Men's Squamish CIS Jacket, Black, Large

Great price for the Helly Hansen Men's Squamish CIS Jacket in Black. only large is on sale which is exactly what I wanted. Hope it’s as good as people claim it is.
Images
  • image.jpg
10 replies
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1381 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Price is now up around $85. I bought one of these last summer for my son (it was $60 + tax) back then and he's worn it as a winter jacket with the shell and as a raincoat without the shell. Its been a fantastic jacket. I just picked up a bigger size in a different colour. A bit more expensive but IMHO, still worth it.
Sep 14, 2009
347 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
$84 now for both colours, boo.
Oct 17, 2005
210 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Price jumped to $152.15 for Black Large

Blue Large is the best deal now @ $84.76

...I needed a Medium though
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1676 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
Check Helly Hansen's size chart (interactive) on their site before buying. I'm usually a L but with HH I fit better in XXL. Arms tend to be too long though (6' 240lbs muscular)
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4380 posts
1301 upvotes
Debtario
Price jumped right before my eyes! Oh, Amazon...
generaltao99 wrote:
May 5th, 2018 12:19 pm
Check Helly Hansen's size chart (interactive) on their site before buying. I'm usually a L but with HH I fit better in XXL. Arms tend to be too long though (6' 240lbs muscular)
Thanks I'm roughly the same size and I'm usually between a L to XL depending on the brand, amazon US reviews say it fits small as well.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Mar 25, 2009
747 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if Amazon is monitoring links coming from RFD and if there are too many hits the price goes up. I had missed the RFD deal on the same jacket a few month ago and set up an 3C alert. saw the alert, bought it for $73, price went further down to $71 within 1 hour. That’s when I posted it here and price doubled to $150 within less than 30 min. Talk about dynamic pricing.....
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4380 posts
1301 upvotes
Debtario
mcfrugal wrote:
May 5th, 2018 12:35 pm
I wonder if Amazon is monitoring links coming from RFD and if there are too many hits the price goes up. I had missed the RFD deal on the same jacket a few month ago and set up an 3C alert. saw the alert, bought it for $73, price went further down to $71 within 1 hour. That’s when I posted it here and price doubled to $150 within less than 30 min. Talk about dynamic pricing.....
Yeah their algorithm does that, likely by page views or purchases. On the upside I now know I need to go and look at it in store to see what fit I am, if it dropped twice already it will go on sale again in the future.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2264 posts
824 upvotes
London
M1K3Z0R wrote:
May 5th, 2018 12:59 pm
Yeah their algorithm does that, likely by page views or purchases. On the upside I now know I need to go and look at it in store to see what fit I am, if it dropped twice already it will go on sale again in the future.
I'd recommend trying on this model jacket if possible. I find I fluctuate between large and xl with HH.
Nov 17, 2017
77 posts
119 upvotes
Wow snooze you loose is right. Price now $152. Great deal though.
Please don’t s@$t on my parade
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4380 posts
1301 upvotes
Debtario
Just a heads up, the Evening blue XL is $88 and the racer blue color XL is $96. Pulled the trigger