Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$75 Giftcard with Scotia Momentum VISA signup

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2015 6:51 am
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 13, 2011
715 posts
295 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] $75 Giftcard with Scotia Momentum VISA signup

Get a $75 Amazon.ca Gift Certificate after your first purchase.*
$99 Annual fee waived for the first year.
Earn cash back on everyday spending.
4% cash back on eligible gas station and grocery store purchases.1
2% cash back on drug store purchases and recurring bills.1
1% cash back on all other eligible purchases.1
19.99% interest rate.
$99 annual fee.

* Gift Certificate Offer -- This offer applies to new accounts applied for online from Amazon.ca by October 31, 2015 subject to credit approval. Limit one gift certificate per new account. The Amazon gift certificate may be redeemed for online purchases made at Amazon.ca.The gift certificate will be mailed to the primary borrower to the address provided on your Scotiabank VISA online application within 60 days of the account open date.

Merchants applicable:
http://www.scotiabank.com/images/en/fil ... /26664.pdf
104 replies
Feb 20, 2004
36 posts
54 upvotes
Is there any downside to cancelling the credit card after making use of the gift certificate offer to avoid the annual fee?
Dec 10, 2009
106 posts
14 upvotes
Any chance for current card holders to get this offer? I got the credit card back in February with no promos, but this deal is pretty good ($175 value).
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
Poopninja wrote: Is there any downside to cancelling the credit card after making use of the gift certificate offer to avoid the annual fee?
Other than the small ding to your credit rating for closing out the card, not really. You can even call them to downgrade to their free card (cash back isn't as good) after the first year though if you don't want to adversely affect your credit score.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7220 posts
3563 upvotes
Montreal
Minimum $60,000 Personal Income

dat feel when poor
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3606 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking for a credit card. Is this the best one?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2007
1331 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Bum_Gravey wrote: Other than the small ding to your credit rating for closing out the card, not really. You can even call them to downgrade to their free card (cash back isn't as good) after the first year though if you don't want to adversely affect your credit score.
Pretty sure ppl said cancelling cards are only a temp ding, nothing long term.
Nov 15, 2007
94 posts
7 upvotes
only down side for this card is the rebate comes yearly. if you plan to close the card during the year, you'll loose all your rebate. You can downgrade your card the 2nd year.
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
goonx126 wrote: Pretty sure ppl said cancelling cards are only a temp ding, nothing long term.
There really aren't any permanent dings on your credit rating. All things clear with time.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4317 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
The cash back comes every November. It's my daily driver, I throw everything at it, even with our 3 person family we still rack up a nice cash back every year. I was a few grand short of their minimum annual individual income but I guess they used their discretion and manually approved it, perhaps my credit score had swayed them.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Jan 16, 2011
77 posts
9 upvotes
plucky duck wrote: The cash back comes every November. It's my daily driver, I throw everything at it, even with our 3 person family we still rack up a nice cash back every year. I was a few grand short of their minimum annual individual income but I guess they used their discretion and manually approved it, perhaps my credit score had swayed them.
I'm 2k shy of the individual annual income, hopefully they pay me the same courtesy! This card puts my 1% dividend VISA to shame.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1839 posts
1247 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I was fresh out of school for less than a year when I signed up for this a year and a half ago and had no problem getting it. My income was under 40k that year.

The Amazon code they sent me didn't work though so I had to jump through some hoops to get a new code.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1472 posts
762 upvotes
GVR
Sepharite wrote: I'm looking for a credit card. Is this the best one?
<br />
<br />

One of the best available today if you spend a lot in using it. The accumulated cashback can be your payment for the annual fee. The 75 credit should make it more sweeter.

If you are somewhat feel 100 fee is expensive which i do, just get the scotiabank momentum visa which has the 39 dollar annual fee. Difference is you get 2%cashback opposed to 4%. Amazon offers the same 75dollar. Its better to have it at amazon than opening it at a bank.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3626 posts
2286 upvotes
West Coast
got this card about 8 months ago via great canadian rebates for the same promo and the card has been great. no issues (I was always a mastercard guy before) and the cash back adds up. Over 300 now already. Been a good card for us
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4968 posts
3127 upvotes
As a heads up Scotia tends to do income verification although sometimes they forgo that if you bank with them already.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
Sepharite wrote: I'm looking for a credit card. Is this the best one?
This is the best cashback credit card in Canada. For first year free it's a no brainer. The amount of cashback I earn per year is great! They call it the king of cash back credit cards. And now that it's insurances have been really improved I would say it's unbeatable
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
HyperMegaJet wrote: Any chance for current card holders to get this offer? I got the credit card back in February with no promos, but this deal is pretty good ($175 value).
You can have two of same credit card with Scotia Bank. I had two Scotia Amex gold rewards simultaneously this year
Mar 4, 2008
671 posts
181 upvotes
BC
Anyone wanna enlighten me about the "credit score"? I just cancelled an amex and a mbna mastercard because of the annual fees. I've always paid for things with cash or on mastercard and paid off the mastercard every month.

Now on the hunt for a new mastercard.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4317 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
daikman wrote: You can have two of same credit card with Scotia Bank. I had two Scotia Amex gold rewards simultaneously this year
The exact same identical credit card product? The Scotia Amex gold points that I accumulate, can they be converted to aeroplan points?
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"