Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

8" Tabletop Ring Light with Mini Tripod Stand & Cell Phone Holder for Video/Photography, $12.99

Aug 19, 2012
59 posts
125 upvotes
Halifax
Goddamn, this thread is a gift that keeps on giving...
“Ravel Puzzlewell: What can change the nature of a man?”
Oct 9, 2019
27 posts
104 upvotes
Is it shipped for anyone ? Mine says delivery is tomorrow but no shipping info
Sep 26, 2016
37 posts
16 upvotes
Bought this 2x last year for video meetings. Works really well. Recommend the warm white colour setting.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1241 posts
1005 upvotes
Vancouver
mine arrived today, for $10, this is a super good value -- everything looks to be decent quality and the packaging is very nice. Was totally surprised it even came with a carrying bag and USB power adapter.
Mar 28, 2007
215 posts
28 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: I bought one for $17 on July 10.

Bought this one, and will return the other one. Sorry Amazon for being a punk about price matches
This type of practice is not sustainable and I hope Amazon does something about it eventually.
There's a great doc out there that uncovers the massive carbon footprint left with returned items from Amazon.
Jul 16, 2019
64 posts
46 upvotes
johnnash wrote: Is it shipped for anyone ? Mine says delivery is tomorrow but no shipping info

Mine said delivery tomorrow but it came today.
a_dee wrote: mine arrived today, for $10, this is a super good value -- everything looks to be decent quality and the packaging is very nice. Was totally surprised it even came with a carrying bag and USB power adapter.
I also got mine, the quality is great. Mine didn’t come with a power adapter (I’m assuming you’re talking about a brick for the wall?). Only downside is that the grey part where the gooseneck comes out from looks a little cheap compared to the rest of the light. The other 10” light I posted just has a 1/4 screw for the gooseneck and doesn’t have the grey bit with the hot shoe so I’m assuming it’ll look a bit better (but then again that ones tripod looks a bit cheaper…) they both have their ups and downs.

I just ordered a hot shoe 1/4 adapter to screw my webcam on instead of the phone mount.

Thanks again OP. This makes a huge difference for my camera and I’ve been wanting one for a while
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1241 posts
1005 upvotes
Vancouver
JordanK86755 wrote: Mine said delivery tomorrow but it came today.

I also got mine, the quality is great. Mine didn’t come with a power adapter (I’m assuming you’re talking about a brick for the wall?). Only downside is that the grey part where the gooseneck comes out from looks a little cheap compared to the rest of the light. The other 10” light I posted just has a 1/4 screw for the gooseneck and doesn’t have the grey bit with the hot shoe so I’m assuming it’ll look a bit better (but then again that ones tripod looks a bit cheaper…) they both have their ups and downs.

I just ordered a hot shoe 1/4 adapter to screw my webcam on instead of the phone mount.

Thanks again OP. This makes a huge difference for my camera and I’ve been wanting one for a while
I got the 8" where the phone mount is a separate tripod.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15595 posts
3474 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
tase25 wrote: This type of practice is not sustainable and I hope Amazon does something about it eventually.
There's a great doc out there that uncovers the massive carbon footprint left with returned items from Amazon.
Agree. They should be smart about this.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2988 posts
2182 upvotes
Victoria
weedb0y wrote: Agree. They should be smart about this.
Yes, but so should you. Think of all the waste involved in returning that item, all to save a few bucks. I get that this is RFD and we're all looking for the best deal, but at what cost?
May 2, 2017
12 posts
10 upvotes
I found a review on Youtube and the results look great. It looks like it is the same ring light (UBeesize 8") except with a bigger tripod:

Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1866 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
I use my ring light to light up the back of my head where my logitech webcam is pointing at, so I can see the back of my head when I self cut my hair.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1393 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
I got mine (8 inch) today. I found it to be a good quality product. But after tinkering with it for few minutes, I realized that I need a bigger one because I don't like the set up with separate cell phone stand. I quickly realized that I would like the one with a phone mount inside the ring. so I will return it and buy 10 inch one.

Also I wish that there would be some ways to mount the ring on top of the PC monitor or TV.