Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] 8Bitdo Pro 2 (Only 3 in stock) 74$ tax in

  • Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2021 12:50 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3262 posts
1398 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] 8Bitdo Pro 2 (Only 3 in stock) 74$ tax in

I noticed this third party seller has the new 8bitdo Pro 2 in the best color. Tax included (as if you were paying 63$ + tax.) Unavailable everywhere else in Canada.

Custom Profile Switching. Enhanced grip. 4-way Mode Switching button, Macro buttons etc. https://www.8bitdo.com/pro2/

https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Bluetoot ... 07BR56Q5K/

Edit : Price went up to 74$ but still a decent deal because of limited availability and taxes are included. (anything around 65$ pre-tax is fair)
Last edited by kenze on May 10th, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
48 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 20, 2003
653 posts
97 upvotes
I'm skeptical because the product description is for the 8Bitdo SN30 Pro -- not the Pro 2 ...
RFD brings out the m00t in everyone!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3262 posts
1398 upvotes
Montreal
Cowman1208 wrote: I'm skeptical because the product description is for the 8Bitdo SN30 Pro -- not the Pro 2 ...
It seems like this third party seller sells a lot of 8bitdo products. That's probably why it's a mistake.

Picture is of Pro 2, title is Pro 2 and product is not yet in stock. All of these indicate it being the Pro 2.

Worst case, you return it because product is incorrect.
Newbie
May 20, 2015
86 posts
53 upvotes
Surrey, BC
should people get this over the pro controller?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3262 posts
1398 upvotes
Montreal
zoomcool80 wrote: should people get this over the pro controller?
If you're gonna use it with more than your Switch, hell yeah.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 20, 2003
653 posts
97 upvotes
kenze wrote: It seems like this third party seller sells a lot of 8bitdo products. That's probably why it's a mistake.

Picture is of Pro 2, title is Pro 2 and product is not yet in stock. All of these indicate it being the Pro 2.

Worst case, you return it because product is incorrect.
Eh, giving it a go -- good find OP, giving it a go because I need a second controller for switch and recently, something that will work well with PC
Last edited by Cowman1208 on May 10th, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
RFD brings out the m00t in everyone!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3262 posts
1398 upvotes
Montreal
Cowman1208 wrote: - this is my current state -- good find OP, giving it a go because I need a second controller for switch and recently, something that will work well with PC
Good choice.

The video says "the uploader has not made this video available in your country."
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 20, 2003
653 posts
97 upvotes
kenze wrote: Good choice.

The video says "the uploader has not made this video available in your country."
Strange, it's the Rush song Roll the Bones and it loaded perfectly fine for me in Canada - where are you OP?
RFD brings out the m00t in everyone!
Moderator
User avatar
Aug 20, 2009
8415 posts
3380 upvotes
8Bitdo makes fantastic controllers. I have one of the older gens that I use with a Switch and a few other things but I need one for my PC gaming setup upstairs so I'm going to grab one of these. The mode switching button is nice, my old brain can't remember the button combos for the older one and I end up googling them constantly when I switch between devices, this will be so much better. Thanks OP, appreciate it.

Edit: Oh man, back buttons too?! You just made my day.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4777 posts
3299 upvotes
Does this work on Xbox? Can't stand the asymmetric stick layout that is designed for asymmetric weirdos.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3262 posts
1398 upvotes
Montreal
Cowman1208 wrote: Strange, it's the Rush song Roll the Bones and it loaded perfectly fine for me in Canada - where are you OP?
I'm using a VPN but location is Toronto. I changed my location to three 3 different countries and it still shows the same message lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5440 posts
3544 upvotes
Toronto
Managed to snag one of these when 8bitdo had them in stock, $2 less. It's a bit improvement on the SN30 Pro+, the back buttons are always nice to have, the face buttons are closer together and something about the shape of the sticks makes it feel more natural for my thumbs to reach them. Also have a quick profile switch on the controller is a nice perk.

For those unfamiliar with the 8bitdo controllers, one of the major draws is that they support 4 modes (Switch/Xinput/Dinput/MacOS) and a seperate pairing profile for each mode. So I can use it with my Switch, Tablet and PC without having to pair it each time.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5440 posts
3544 upvotes
Toronto
kenze wrote: I'm using a VPN but location is Toronto. I changed my location to three 3 different countries and it still shows the same message lol
Did you try just turning off the VPN?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5440 posts
3544 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote: Does this work on Xbox? Can't stand the asymmetric stick layout that is designed for asymmetric weirdos.
Now without an adapter unfortunately.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5440 posts
3544 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: 8Bitdo makes fantastic controllers. I have one of the older gens that I use with a Switch and a few other things but I need one for my PC gaming setup upstairs so I'm going to grab one of these. The mode switching button is nice, my old brain can't remember the button combos for the older one and I end up googling them constantly when I switch between devices, this will be so much better. Thanks OP, appreciate it.

Edit: Oh man, back buttons too?! You just made my day.
I always just remembered that X was Xinput and Switch was the one closest to me. The other two I didn't use enough to care.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3262 posts
1398 upvotes
Montreal
Redmask wrote: 8Bitdo makes fantastic controllers. I have one of the older gens that I use with a Switch and a few other things but I need one for my PC gaming setup upstairs so I'm going to grab one of these. The mode switching button is nice, my old brain can't remember the button combos for the older one and I end up googling them constantly when I switch between devices, this will be so much better. Thanks OP, appreciate it.

Edit: Oh man, back buttons too?! You just made my day.
Yep, that's exactly why I'm getting this one over the SN30 Pro!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3262 posts
1398 upvotes
Montreal
Jep4444 wrote: Did you try just turning off the VPN?
Weird, it works when I turn it off. Thanks :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2004
2811 posts
1776 upvotes
GVRD
SN30 Pro+ are also in their best prices since the Pro 2 are out. I believe they are US $50 MSRP and I expect the price to fall when more sellers carry it.

I wonder how easy it is to swap out the buttons to purple SNES style since they are concave.

A year ago, I paid CAD$45 for my SN30 Pro+ in like new condition from Amazon.com to give you guys a reference.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3262 posts
1398 upvotes
Montreal
pkphilip wrote: SN30 Pro+ are also in their best prices since the Pro 2 are out. I believe they are US $50 MSRP and I expect the price to fall when more sellers carry it.
I also looked into the SN30 Pro+ but the mode switch and back buttons are what sealed the deal for me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5440 posts
3544 upvotes
Toronto
kenze wrote: Weird, it works when I turn it off. Thanks :D
Could be Youtube has figured out the IPs you're using are from a VPN (which isn't hard for them to do) and they've excluded it from geo-located content. I get similar errors when I try to run Netflix on US IP addresses.

Top