Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

$9.99 Kraft Dinner Original Cheese Powder, 500 Grams (Pack of 1 shaker)

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 7:55 am
Aug 26, 2019
356 posts
432 upvotes
The6ix
RedFlagRobot wrote: Hippies made them change the recipe to put more "natural" ingredients in it...
yea one thing is for sure, the color is replaced with natural annatto and the actual cheese is 'real now'.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
2971 posts
774 upvotes
This stuff tastes like powdered cardboard.
Oct 18, 2016
163 posts
257 upvotes
For anyone wondering this IS NOT the same thing that comes in a KD box satchel.

This is more or less a cheddar flavoured fake parmesan cheese alternative.

Does taste good on pizza, won't work for making home made Mac & cheese
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4433 posts
1976 upvotes
Parry Sound
What do you use this processed plastic fake cheese with besides KD?
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2587 posts
1746 upvotes
Montreal
BobSagget wrote: this stuff is gross, i wouldn't recommend it.

If you're looking for cheese popcorn seasoning, i recommend Kernels. Fraction of the price and tastes way better.
This is to make pasta, not popcorn...
Aug 13, 2020
840 posts
3763 upvotes
OAlton wrote: Please go out an explore the types of cheeses in many stores. 10 bucks I get 900g-1kg. aged stuff or imported. your choice.
You must be in the East..... in BC, 1 KG of cheap, nasty cheddar or mozzarella starts at $20.
Really good cheese = $50+ KG
Jan 22, 2017
448 posts
1381 upvotes
ImaRFDer wrote: Has the recipe for KD changed or am I just an adult now? Because honestly I really can't stand KD anymore, Annie's is worth the extra price.
The recipe changed. Probably to lower manufacturing costs but it's made it inedible like a lot of other products unfortunately.
I like Annie's too but it's too expensive for what it is IMO.
GOAT = PC optimum points + PC White/Orange Cheddar boxed macaroni brings it down to like $0.60 a box. The noodles are meh but the cheese powder is great.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19869 posts
29091 upvotes
ONTARIO
xblackdemonx wrote: This is to make pasta, not popcorn...
Oh really? I guess I was confused by the product literally saying "Can be sprinkled on soup, pizza, popcorn" and the actual picture of those items shown on the front of the label.
Nov 27, 2016
343 posts
384 upvotes
m8x
Kraft dinner is one of my "life hacks".

When it goes on sale I buy a bunch (extra creamy only !) and remove all the cheese packs from the boxes and put them in the freezer. I them take all the pasta and put it all in the a large container. The correct amount of noodles is a cup and a quarter for each cheese pack.

I don't know how many times I go to have KD only to find the cheese brown !
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17744 posts
19930 upvotes
GTA
RunnerForDeals wrote: I second this. Hoosier Hill Farm has the best-powdered cheese product.
Have you found a cheap source recently?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19869 posts
29091 upvotes
ONTARIO
engineered wrote: Have you found a cheap source recently?
Disappointing to see this brand is no longer shipped and sold by Amazon. I used to buy this brand a few years back. Got their 'Big Daddy Mac Mix". 1Lb for $14. Great stuff. So cheesy lol.
The prices now are crazy!
Jun 25, 2008
894 posts
824 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: What do you use this processed plastic fake cheese with besides KD?
It contains:
Dried Whey (from milk)
Cheddar Cheese
Salt
Butter
Natural Flavours
Colour
Citric Acid
Sodium Phosphates

Yeah, it's not gourmet and it's not organic cheese, but it's good for what it is. It's definitely not "plastic", though people are always quick to call anything processed plastic for some reason.

Thanks OP, two of my kids love this on their pasta.
Jun 25, 2008
894 posts
824 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Oh really? I guess I was confused by the product literally saying "Can be sprinkled on soup, pizza, popcorn" and the actual picture of those items shown on the front of the label.
It can be used for any of these, really. It's the same concept as Kraft Parmesan, and similar uses. It *can* be used to make mac and cheese as well, though you're probably better off just buying KD if that's the goal as the price doesn't really make sense for that use, even on sale.
Jan 25, 2016
556 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: I've bought this Hoosier Hill Farm Premium White Cheddar Cheese Powder, Natural (1 lb) Gluten Free and rBGH and RBST Free from Amazon when it was $20 https://www.amazon.ca/Hoosier-Hill-Farm ... B01INI4QA0
Was really good.
I clicked the link as I don’t mind paying more for a better quality - $76 bucks now!

This stuff must be the Wagyu of cheese!
Jul 28, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote
I can echo engineered's response / review. Hoosier Hill Farm products, including the Cheddar Cheese Powder, taste way better. But they're no longer reasonably priced on Amazon.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2475 posts
1960 upvotes
Zetayoshi wrote: For anyone wondering this IS NOT the same thing that comes in a KD box satchel.

This is more or less a cheddar flavoured fake parmesan cheese alternative.

Does taste good on pizza, won't work for making home made Mac & cheese
Glad you told me that as that's what I was going to use it for...man I'm so sad all I want is a tub of KD powder....
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Aug 26, 2019
356 posts
432 upvotes
The6ix
IslandDeal wrote: You must be in the East..... in BC, 1 KG of cheap, nasty cheddar or mozzarella starts at $20.
Really good cheese = $50+ KG
Look under my user. I live in Toronto (just outside).
I was not talking about nasty cheddar or mozzarella.

Besides, I can go to a farm here and get even better cheese directly from farmers. I suggest you take a drive west of Toronto
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2816 posts
1559 upvotes
Barrie
engineered wrote: Have you found a cheap source recently?
Not really. I buy directly from https://hoosierhillfarm.com/ and the last time I ordered (1 month ago) I reached out to their customer service to ask for a discount or cheaper shipping fee and they were very accommodating. While it wasn't "cheap" it was way better than the regular pricing. I can't say enough good things about there customer service.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11496 posts
4617 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
They changed the cheese years ago but still call it original. Just like KFC Original Recipe which has not been since the 70s or 80s.
Last edited by bug on May 28th, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.